“Best meal I've had in Thailand!”
Review of 2gether Restaurant

2gether Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 383 Restaurants in Karon
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: FRESH SEA FOOD BBQ OR STEAMED LOBSTER, PRAWNS, NZ MUSSEL, WHOLE FISH, SQUID..Best STEAKS and PIZZA in town......THAI CUISINE & PASTA.....LIVE MUSIC EVERY NIGHT (SOFT) Band from Philippines. We take care of your children in our playroom while you eat (for free) and also during day time (200 THB per hour). Swedish owner & service, Thai staff & hospitality!
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Awesome! What can I say. Trip advisor is on the money with this one. We had the Chicken with Cashew nut and Rib eye with bernaise. Both were excellent. And who can say no to a few 99bt cocktails (on special). Loved it. We will be back.

1  Thank Allis0n_Smith

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I just had dinner at 2gether. I went early so I missed the live entertainment. The waitresses were very friendly and spoke some english, so my limited Thai language was not needed. They served a house red wine at 195 baht a glass or 495 for half a carafe. I didn't want to order a halfe carafe without knowing the winery so I asked. After a few minutes the waitress came back and said Italian.
I took a chance and ordered the half carafe. I still don't know the winery, but the wine was pleasant to the taste. I thought the prices were a little high, but i also noticed that the pasta, pizza, and Thai food were discounted, maybe for off season. I ordered the spaghetti and meat sauce. The serving was adequate and the taste was above average.
The atmosphere was very good, but this was open without air conditioning and there was smog and noise from heavy traffic. The waitresses were attentive and friendly, but i had to refill my own wine glass. Not that I mind, but so many places in Thailand have someone standing by to do that for you, I just wanted to mention it. This may very well be the number one restaurant in Karon, but i can't give it five stars. I have another four days to find something better :)

1  Thank Dan R
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We arrived pretty late but he wasn't the problem for the owner who warmly welcomed us in person. The food, the service, and the atmosphere are all at the level you can imagine for such a highly ranked restaurant on trip advisor. We had the black & white filet mignon and the shrimp stew, both lovely with good quantity. For dessert we decided to trust our friendly waitress and went for the home made chocolate oven baked cake: fantastic! On top of all this, a sweet & talented guitar singer was enriching our experience to make it even more perfect. Before leaving we had a nice chat with the owner who is clearly passionate about his business and who cares as much about his customers as his staff. Definitely worth it!

1  Thank Gregitch
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Travelling with my family can sometimes be difficult as my husband and I are vegetarian and one of my children is a fussy eater. Tonight, we were looking for somewhere that did European and Thai cuisine so that I could be adventurous and my boys could go traditional. We were given a very warm welcome by the owner and as the reviews say, the musician was very good.

My husband asked for a dish which wasn,t on the menu by asking for pasta with veg and tomato sauce. My boys ordered pizza and satay chicken. I decided to be adventurous and order Thai scampi with rice and curry sauce.

The dishes all arrived and my heart sank. My dish of scampi, although beautifully presented, was 2 enormous tiger prawns and guess what, I don,t do large prawns, I can,t cope with the texture. When I left them neatly in a dish at the end of the meal (the rice, veg and curry sauce were lovely, I just left the 2 creatures!) the waitress came over and looked very concerned. I reassured her that there was nothing wrong with the food, it was me who had made the wrong choice as I have a thing about big prawns. The owner came over, he was concerned also and said he would deduct it off the bill. I advised him it was not necessary but he insisted blaming himself on a poor description on the menu.

We then had the chocolate cake which was to die for (if you,re from England, it was like the marks and spencer melt in the middle dessert) and the kids had complimentary ice cream.

So there you have it. I left my meal but I was soooooo impressed with this place that I would highly recommend it and this is my way of commending the owner and his staff for dealing with an awkward situation so well. We,ll be back and I,ll probably ask for a Thai veggie curry as I feel sure they would do anything you ask for within reason.

Well done 2gether for excellent service and excellent food, if you like big prawns ;-)

4  Thank AngelaOL3
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a lovely dinner at 2gether. On the main road on the corner at the traffic light, we found this number 1 Tripadvisor restaurant. Quick and good service, friendly staff, good variety on the menu, good vibe and live music, good food, generous portions and for a fair price. We have to get back to try the lemon sole and pizza here as we have heard good reviews on them. Wiener schnitzel and Tom Yam soup weer delicious!

1  Thank Cynthia123456789