“Excellent...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Baron Restaurant Karon
Ranked #304 of 355 Restaurants in Karon
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Baron Restaurant Karon serving International Food, Italian Food, Russian Food, Thai Food and Fresh Seafood
“Excellent...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is BEST RESTAURANT IN KARON..
we went here with my wife.I eat salmon pizza and my wife got lobster thermidor..owww food was DELICOUS..
Specialyy lobster thermidor was excellent..salmon pizza was like real italian pizza..very good staff, we got everything on time, very nice atmosphere...definetly come back we loved here.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank unlove

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Don't walk past this restaurant, RUN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

A group of us went here for dinner at the end of a long day. The place was nearly empty and could take all of us straight away. They very quickly set up a table and got us seated within a few minutes. The Russian waiter was obviously just eye candy to get in the young single girls walking past to come and eat there, as he had no skills in hospitality. The drink order was taken one by one until he had the whole order and then he gave it to the bar staff and the drinks were delivered even slower. He took our food order the same way. In hind sight we should not have gone to a place specialising in Russian, Italian, and Thai food, with a Russian waiter and Thai chefs and waiters who could not understand each other and understand simple requests and maths. The first person in our group to be served was going to wait for the other meals to arrive , but started eating at our insistance. Just as well, they had finished their meal before the second one arrived. Everyone else had been served were eating or finished their meal, and mine had still not arrived, after bring this to their attention, they brought back the menu and asked me what I ordered again. They went away, came back and pointed to another meal and said that was it, After explaining that two of those meals were ordered, there was a blame game played between the Russian waiter and the Thai staff. I was then asked if I wanted my meal there or to go. At this stage I was beginning to lose it. When my meal was brought out, everyone had plates in front of them except me and the waitress stood at the end of the table and asked who meal this was, I lost it. The meal was not worth the wait and most people agreed that their meal was very ordinary too. Then to top it all off when the bill arrived they charged us for everything, and even tried to overcharge us for drinks we did not have. I asked everyone to check carefully and others had errors too. One of our group was so unimpressed they tried to pay with exact money, not trusting their accounting skills to receive the correct change. They brought it back saying it was 10 Baht short............REALLY. Needless to say there was no tip and I will never go back there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TwoMen A
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“So good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We love foods over there. This restaurant is an international restaurant you can find everything over there. And more important, there provide clean and very friendly service there.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank XLhotelier
“Should have read reviews before eating there.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We also had walked past this restaurant many times and thought it must be good as always people eating there, sadly it was not to be the case.
Our chicken satay entrée was cold, dry and tasteless. while we were trying to eat these our main meal arrived when we explained to the waitress we're not ready for our mains they were just left on the table beside us.however the manager came over and we told him the situation and he took our entrée away so we could eat the mains only to realise the rice was stone cold. he was quick to get us fresh hot rice.
Our main dishes where very nice. and thanks to the manager for trying to rectify an average experience.

• Visited May 2013
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
“Good variety for the family, but.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This restaurant was close to our accommodation, so very handy. It catered well for a family of 4. I had a great red curry, the 10yo had a stroganoff that she was very happy with and the 7yo had a nice spaghetti bolognese. Unfortunately my wife's vegetarian pizza was requested with only a small amount of cheese, which was double checked by the manager, and it still came out very cheesy. Probably the biggest disappointment of the night however was the foreign 'owner'? berating his local senior staff member at the table next to us. The aggression put a bit of a dampener on the night .
It's cheap and has good variety. Give it a go. Try not to sit next to any angry looking Russians.

• Visited May 2013