“fantastic stay! no issues whatsoever!”

Karon Rustic Villas
Ranked #84 of 109 Specialty Lodging in Karon
red wing
“fantastic stay! no issues whatsoever!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

great service! the owner was great on keeping in touch and making things easy for my group. the house was easy to find and it had an excellent view. only minutes from the beach and vendors. the house had everything you could want. no issues at all. had a blast!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at Karon Rustic Villas, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Good afternoon,

My sincere apologies for the late response.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to hear that you had a great time at the villa. :D

Susan

Hope to see you all again in the near future.

Solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We stayed at Baan Panom for 8 nights in early February 2011, a group of 6 adults, a 3 year old and a 9 month old.
From the moment we booked the accommodation, Susan was extremely helpful, providing us with details of what to expect during our stay. Nothing was a hassle for Susan, who assisted with all enquiries. Transfers from the airport was easy. We required two transfers as we had parties arriving at separate times. Susan organised this for us, for a small extra cost, which was great after our long flights. Susan also provided a cot for the 9 month old, and an extra mattress for the 3 year old.
The villa is on top of a very steep hill, overlooking the Karon Beach area. Impressive views across the whole bay area from all areas of the villa, especially the roof top infinity pool, where we spent many hours! Sunsets are spectacular.
The villa is setup well, with main living area on the entrance level, upstairs to the pool, and downstairs to the 3 bedrooms. It is well appointed with glassware, plates etc.
The villa is within close proximity to the main street (10 minute down hill walk), where plentiful restaurants and shops await. A further 5 minute walk to the beach and market area. The walk back up the HILL will take a bit longer. I tried it twice, and decided a motorbike would be much easier for the rest of the holiday!!! It is extremely steep.
I would recommend the chef service. We had them cook for us on 2 occasions, one for dinner (a thai seafood night), and one for breakfast, (eggs, bacon, pancakes, fruit). Both are very reasonably priced. Plenty of food provided.
At the end of the street is a small shop or 7/11, for daily items that are required. There is also a reasonably priced massage shop. Also at the end of the street is a small shop run by a lady also named Sue, where you can book all your day trips, and other activites. She was a great help, and has great experience with all the tours. We also hired a car for the week through Sue, which was very reasonably priced.
If taking small children to Baan Panom, i would recommend close supervision of them near the window areas. The windows have iron fencing around them, which have wide gaps which any small child could easily fit through. It is a 3-4 storey drop from these windows.
Overall, a great experience. Reasonably priced, I would recommend this to anyone interested in something different to staying in a resort.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at Karon Rustic Villas, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Good evening,

My sincere apologies for replying soooo late.

First of all thank you thank you thank you for such a magnificent and lonngggg review. You have no idea how much i appreciate this.

I will do my best to help as much as I can. I am glad I could and was able to service you while you were here in Phuket.

I am glad you enjoyed the chef service. As they enjoyed cooking for you and your family.
Always came back down to the office happy and laughing. It was very nice to see.

Hope to see you all again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2011

The villa was perfect for our two families (4 adults, 1 teen, 3 kids). Awesome views, loved rooftop pool (I recommend full adult supervision at all times though if you have kids below 10 years of age when they are in the pool).The hill climb is certainly a challenge, even to an exercise junkie like myself. If you want a real workout take a hike past the villa & go all the way as far as the road takes you. You'll certainly work up a sweat! Most tuk tuks won't take you all the way to your front door because they simply can't make it up the hill (esp with 8 people on board). We found an excellent taxi driver, Mr Duck, who could fit all of us in his air-conditioned van & his prices were always very reasonable. He is usually parked on the main beach road near the round-a-bout & he has a big sign on his front windshield with 'Mr Duck Taxi Service' written on it. And he takes you straight to your front door so you don't have to climb that hill.
The walk to the beach was longer than we thought. Going thru Movenpick resort cuts the time by a few minutes & it is such a pleasant walk but if it's obvious that you're going to the beach the guard won't let you through. Try telling him a little lie that you're going for a coffee in their cafe & he'll probably let you through then. The alternative is the longer walk via the main street where there are no footpaths, heaps of traffic, lots of yucky smells & obviously lots of people trying to get you into their shops. The kids hated going that way!
If you are a light sleeper like me don't expect big sleep-ins. The curtains in each bedroom are not block out by any means so as soon as the sun is up (around 6.15am) the bedrooms are as light as day. Invest in an eye-mask. You may also be woken by traffic trying to get up that hill. Trucks & scooters struggle to get up it & a lot of them sounded like aeroplanes taking off!! Invest in ear plugs.
There were a couple of maintenance issues with the villa, especially the water supply. In the early days of our stay the water pump kept thumping (something else that woke us up early) but as soon as we reported it to Susan she sent the maintenance people around. It seemed to fix the problem for a few days but I think towards our last day it was starting to thump again.
Definitely book the chefs to cook some of your meals during your stay. Everything they cooked was delicious & there was so much food which was great for leftover lunch the next day. During our 12 day stay they cooked us three dinners (Thai, BBQ & Italian) & one breakfast on our last morning (eggs, bacon & the yummiest, fluffiest pancakes).
During our stay it was my son's 7th b'day & Susan surprised us by giving him a delicious Tira-Mi-Su b'day cake & even a b'day present. Totally unexpected & so extremely nice of her.
Overall if I was to go on holiday in Thailand again the distance to the beach would probably be the only thing stopping me from booking here again but if there is a big group of you this villa is perfect. Kids or teens can have their own space & not being confined to one little hotel room is a huge bonus.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank linsim36
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at Karon Rustic Villas, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
Good morning,

I was sure I have responded to your review a while ago....must have not been published. Here goes second try.

Thank you very much for your review, it is much appreciated. I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and even more so for the Chef Service.

Hope to see you all again.

Helsinki
Reviewed November 29, 2010

When we arrived to the villa we were very tired after the 12 hours flight. But right after we jumped inside the villa the tiredness was gone. Villa was awesome and we went straight to the amazing swimming pool on the roof. Pool became the main place where we were chilling and starting our days. The view was stunning and I still can see it when I close my eyes. Maybe the worst side was the enormous hill but it gave some sport too to our vacation. We really enjoyed our time there and might come back again some year.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at Karon Rustic Villas, responded to this review, December 12, 2010
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your review i appreciate it a lot. :D

I heard from my staff that you all sure did know how to enjoy yourself. I am glad that you all did.

Hope to meet you in person one day.

Best personal regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I booked both villas for a group of 13 friends over four days, during which we had an amazing time.

From the outset, I was impressed with Susan's (the manager's) responsiveness even before the trip began. She helped arrange some of our activities and showed great initiative in helping me plan the trip even when my group was outside of Karon!

The rooms are very well-appointed and each has its own distinct character. The romantic decor is most appropriate to families and couples, but friends will still appreciate the charm of the setting. The villas are cosy and are designed to feel like a special home away from home. During our stay, we loved the downstairs living room in Baan Sa-moot Sa-wan and had plenty of fun on the Xbox 360. We also spent much time in the pools of both villas. The facilities are top-notch, but their maintenance can be improved. Nothing serious, but we encountered a choked drain and dirty bathtub in the outdoor bathroom. The pool in each villa was smaller than I thought, but we enjoyed them nonetheless.

We requested the chef's service on our last night and enjoyed a sumptuous meal at economical rates. It was very worth it! We left the menu to the whims of the chef, but for those who are slightly fussy, you can always specify the items you want.

The villas are very private and are located on an extremely steep hill. In fact, I believe it's the steepest paved slope I've ever encountered. We had plenty of fun running up and down the hill, but if you're unfit, it can be a challenge complete the short walk to and from the main road. It's a decent walk of about 10 to 15 minutes to the beach if you follow the main road, but your progress can be quite swift if you're thick-skinned enough to cut through Movenpick hotel! In any case, the privacy of the villas is great and accommodated a substantial fireworks party without incident.

If you have a decent-sized group looking for a nice, relaxing stay in Phuket and don't want to spend excessively, Karon Rustic Villas is the place to go.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Good afternoon,

Thank you for the fantastic review. I really appreciate it and enjoyed reading it as well. How are you doing? How is the weather in Singapore hopefully that as rainy as here.

I saw from your photos as well that you had a fantastic time at our Villas.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Best Personal Regards,

Thailand
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We have stayed during the last holidays in October in Baan Samoot Sawan. We have much enjoyed our stay in the spacious and comfortable house with the nice furniture and a splendid view on the sea. The children were so happy to have a nice swimming pool and much comfort on the roof and to have so much space in the house. Everyone was happy and played and slept very well in the spacious rooms and the good beds. The house has been supplied with everything you could need or want. It was a relaxation to have so much room for the ten, sometimes 15 of my family.
It was very comfortable to have three bathrooms, so nobody had to wait for his turn. The life in the house was very relaxed and nice because of the many possibilities you could do in the large rooms.
All was very well organized: the services for housekeeping, for the transport and the delicious cooking for the celebration of my anniversary. It was a treat to make acquaintance in this way with the beautiful country of Thailand and especially of Phuket. We spent a unforgettable week in Baan Samoot Sawan. I’m sure every one of my family keeps the best memories of this holiday. Susan, I thank you for the good organisation.
Mary Vermeulen- Bongaerts.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at Karon Rustic Villas, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Hi,

Thank you so much for your review it is much appreciated. I am glad that you had a memorable holiday here in phuket with us. I am glad to have been able to help.

Our chef had a great time cooking for you and hopes that they can do again.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Amazing place.

Its like something out of MTV Cribs.

Perfect views.

Well furnished interiors.

Amazing infinity pool.

Convenient service lift.

Great outdoor shower and jacuzzi

Great master bedroom.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at Karon Rustic Villas, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Good morning Ashwin,

Thank you for your fantastic review. It is much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us. We also thank you for your support to our villas, as you have always returned to the villa every year.

We will continue to service you and do our best to make it a memorable holiday.

Best regards,