See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Stayed at Kata Centre Beach Hotel for 11 nights after finding it through the internet.
We initially booked a standard room which was satisfactory for our requirements with a tv with cable, fridge, air conditioning and hot shower. After 3 nights we were upgraded to a comfort room which was a bigger room with a larger fridge and a hairdryer and also a balcony. Both rooms had complimentary water, tea and coffee facilities. The rooms are large and are cleaned to a high standard every day. Yes the mattress is hard but this is Thai style.....we are not in our own country remember!!

We paid 12.50GBP a night for this room which also included free access to the swimming pool and spa which entailed a steam room and a jacuzzi and also the games room which had a pool table. The swimming pool is not the biggest but adequate size for the size of the hotel. It also included free wifi throughout the hotel and in the rooms.

The hotel does offer a restaurant and bar which has a small but nice menu which I can personally recommend the Hot stone all you can eat meal!

The location is approx 5-10 mins from Kata / Karon beaches so don't expect to be right on the beach which was fine for us.

The Dutch family are so friendly and nice and will do anything they can to make your stay pleasant.

They do recommend a tour operator for the tours but we found the tours were much cheaper if you went and bartered in the towns.

I would personally recommend this hotel to anybody......except all those people who want to be right on the beach.......If you want that pay that much extra for your lazy legs!

Well for the price I don't think you will get more in any other hotel in Phuket and I tried and searched the internet for weeks before I arrived.

All I would say is that I stayed in low season and found this hotel exemplary.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ellibobbers
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Hello,

Our stay at the Kata Beach Center Hotel was excellent. We really enjoyed staying here.

We arrived very late at the hotel, it was 3 am in the morning, we were supposed to come at midnight. They left a message on the door with their contact details, we called them and 2 min later we got our keys for the bedroom.

The staff and the owner are so helpful and nice, it really made us feel at home.
In the bedroom you will find a special guest book, with all the information regarding the surrounding.
There is also a SPA and a lounge with a pool table.

This was our first time in Phuket, we enjoy the food and the cocktails in the Hotel restaurant, the service and the food was really good quality.
We high recommend this hotel and if we will come back we will stay at the same hotel.
They are using a travel service or make booking through your journey.

If you like diving, there is a shop across the street 5 meters away from the hotel, that organize some diving trip, we did 5 diving in two days and it was amazing!
We also rented an underwater camera.
Trip 1: Anemone reef & Shark Point Area (3 dives)
Trip 2: Phi Phi Islands (2 dives)
The Beach Center, 98/79 Kata Road, Kata Beach
Tambon Karon, Ampur Muang, Phuket 83100
Office Phone: {--} | Fax: {--} | Map: http://scubatuna.com/image/info/Map_RFA.JPG

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gematica
Reviewed March 25, 2010

My 22 year old son and myself stayed at the Beach Center from March 15th to the 18th. The Hotel is wonderful. It is owned by a Dutch Family and they are so friendly and nice. We got in late and their daughter was waiting for us! She opened the kitchen so we could get a bite to eat. We actually sat with the Owners and chatted the night away. I felt right at home. We then walked to our room! It was just perfect for the two of us - twin beds and really nice and clean.

The bar and restaurant is great. Food was spectacular - breakfast and dinners! The Tuesday night BBQ was outstanding. The bar area is perfect for getting to know everybody! The staff is so friendly and helpful. They even had live music.

The Spa is very nice - I did the fish spa and a pedicure, my son did a Thai message. I would definitely recommend to buy the VIP card for 100 Baht. It gives you great discounts at the Spa, Bar and Restaurant. Well worth it!

The Kata beach is a short walk. It is a lovely beach area where you can rent a chair for the day. The town is easily walkable. I wandered all over town without any problems.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I had only intended to stay for a couple of days, but I kept prolonging my stay, eventually staying for almost two weeks, trying several rooms. The staff and owners are all very nice, I chatted quite a bit with the various members of the dutch family that owns it and always felt welcomed.
The rooms are fairly basic but nice (fridge, shower, safe, fairly hard bed, nice stone floors, small balcony.) The rooms are set in three areas (above the restaurant, above the spa, above the 'common room' with a pool table.)
Decent food at the restaurant, while I was there they added several things to the menu, and they'll probably keep experimenting. They have a special of some kind most every night (bbq, thai bbq, italian night) often with live music/singing and sometimes a dj.
Odds are the local taxi/tuk tuk drivers won't find the hotel as it's so new, so do remember to bring a map you can show them.
They have a good spa (do remember to buy the VIP card from the hotel before using the spa, it costs 100 baht and gives a 25% discount at the spa, as well as 10% at the restaurant), one of the staff speaks excellent english, the other understands/speaks enough so you can get the massage you want. The spa is more expensive than the smaller massage places that are all over the place, but after a bad experience at one of those places (back pain after a thai massage) I mostly stuck to the hotel spa.
There's a minimart, a hairdresser, and a laundry just next door. If you walk a bit farther away you find a couple of restaurants, an internet cafe/tour agency, a couple of massage places, etc. There's a small bar area nearby, and beyond that (still walking distance) is central Kata with even more dining options. (As well as shops.)
The hotel's fairly close to the beach, though you do have to cross Patak road, which can have a decent amount of traffic, once across the road just walk along the canal and you'll come to the northern part of Kata Yai.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Hotel very clean and fresh - people who own the hotel, head housekeeper and girls in the spa all very friendly
We stayed in the part above the spa , good size rooms and very clean - had a balcony but not a view.
This hotel is in a very nice area and vey new - looks like something from Disney - beach and main nightlife short walk away but hotel in much nicer area and very quiet in the evening.
The owners and staff put on an amazing BBQ on a tuesday and well worth making sure you are there on this day. An alternative restaurant from the hotel is Gings which is close to the Spa - very nice vegetable green curry.
The only downside is the pool is very small but very clean and very good sunbeds.
This hotel was a really good find and would recommend to anyone -thanks for a pleasant stay

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple