“Great food, Great service, Great Prices at an incredible resort”

The Dining Room at Pacific Club
Ranked #103 of 383 Restaurants in Karon
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: The Dining Room is operated as a separate business inside Pacific Club Resort. We offer Dining at any of 4 Dining areas ( Balcony Garden, Jacuzzi Waterfall Garden, at the SkyPool, or room service ). We offer almost entirely homemade food including HomeMade fresh fruit preserves at our breakfast buffet, to homemade cakes and pies, homemade sauces and salad dressings. We specialize in providing Asian and International cuisine as well as fusion dishes. Pls come and give us the opportunity to serve you. This is the perfect place to enjoy a home cooked meal in relative privacy throughout the indoor and outdoor seating areas with 5 star service.
Reviewed August 4, 2010

“The Dining Room” at the Pacific Club Resort is one of a kind restaurant. I have stayed at the Pacific Club Resort 3 separate times over the past year or so. I must say that I am 100 % satisfied with the quality, quantity and taste of the food, the service, the food presentation and the prices at “The Dining Room”.

Each morning at Breakfast you are greeted by “Mickey” the F & B manager who is always smiling and greeting everyone along with his fine dining room and kitchen staff.

I would think that most guests would opt for the Breakfast Buffet which quite often is included in your room rate. Some others, such as families with small children may prefer the A La Carte option. With the Breakfast Buffet you have a choice of cereals, fresh fruit, juices, breads and muffins coffee and tea. An omelet station complete with all the fixings. Quite a selection of other dishes such as baked beans with hot dogs, bacon, sausage, home style fried potatoes w/ peppers and onions etc. They also some local Thai dishes for you to try. This is all just for starters, next you have a choice of half a dozen or so specialty dishes such as Eggs Benedict, Steak (Filet Mignon) and Eggs and my favorite Huevos Rancheros. Each of these dishes are freshly prepared and presented in such a way that you would think you are dining at a much more expensive establishment. This complete breakfast buffet if not already included in your room rate is only around 7-8 USD. They even offer Room Service for a small additional fee.

For lunch and dinner they also have an extensive menu with about 150 items or so to choose from. You can even call “The Dining Room” from the house phone by the rooftop pool and they will promptly deliver your food, snacks and or beverages poolside. You can then enjoy it in the pool at one of the cut out pool top tables and benches, or at a table alongside the pool. What an added plus, no need to dry off or go dripping through the resort to get a snack, meal or beverage.

At dinner time they have a few daily “All you can eat” Dinner Specials complete with Soup and Salad Buffet bar for about 10 USD, that cannot be beat. If you cannot decide, or have questions on a particular selection, Mickey or one of the staff will be more than happy to try and answer it for you.

If you like Beef, this is probably the best place in Phuket to for a great steak, filet mignon or ribs at unbelievable prices. Daily fresh seafood dishes are available as are chicken, duck, a mix of Mexican and Indian dishes and some local Thai dishes. A few Vegetarian dishes are also an option. Appetizers, such as Shrimp Tempura, Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Guacamole-Salsa-Chips are there for you to enjoy. Almond Cheesecake, Warm Chocolate Fudge Amaretto Pudding, fresh baked Apple Crumble, Ice cream in a choice of flavors and more, are all delectable desserts.

Some of my favorite dishes there are Filet Mignon, Veggie/Tofu Phad Thai, The Chicken Avocado Bacon sandwich, Reef Fish Filet, Roast Beef Bordelaise, and Blackened Salmon dinners. Most of these items cost less than 10 USD. Appetizers start around 3-5 USD. The Soup and Salad Bar alone I have had on a few occasions and was completely satisfied.

They also have a full bar complete with a variety of Domestic and International Beers, Wines and Sangrias, Tropical Fruit Cocktails such as Mai Tai’s, Singapore Slings and the like along with a fairly large selection of Top Shelf brand liquor choices.

Staying at the Pacific Club Resort is an extremely enjoyable and relaxing experience.
Dining at “The Dining Room” puts the finishing touches to a perfect vacation.

To one and all, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I will be back soon.

6  Thank TRAVLINCOP

Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed at the Pacific club for 9 nights in May/June. As I was travelling we had a lot of meals in the dining room or ordered room service.

The food was delicious and the service was 10/10, my children were spoiled by the lovely Mickey and Ead.

Lovely veiw out the window for breakfast.

We can't wait to come back again.

3  Thank Letiha
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We have just returned from our second stay at Pacific Club Resort.

All of the food we ate there was tasty, well presented, and very reasonably priced when compared to other hotel restaurants.

Breakfast was a choice from around 10 dishes cooked to order, as well as a buffet selection of fresh fruit, breads, pastries, and a number of thai dishes plus tea, coffee and juice - (my wife even tried the Tom Yum Gai soup one morning and pronounced it the best she has ever had).

We ordered lunch by the rooftop pool on three occasion and all of the food was great.

The full restaurant menu contains a wide selection of Snacks, Thai, Tex-Mex and traditional Steak, Lamb and Chicken dishes which should satisfy even the fussiest eater.

As a previous restaurant owner, I have no hesitation in recommending The Pacific Club Dining Room.

2  Thank jjumpstart
Reviewed December 5, 2009

My wife & i visited The Dining Room for lunch.

We were the only guests @ the restaurant. After we finished our meal we realised why we were the only ones there :-(

The food was unimpressive.

A detailed review is as follows;

1. Ambience: The layout is quite simple. Not much to write about. If it wasn't for all the plants then the restaurant would look extremely dull.

2. Food: The meal that we had here would have to rank last on our list of all meals in Phuket.

We had the garlic bread which was alright.

I opted for a Thai Chicken dish which was served with rice. To say the least i didn't like the dish @ all. The food was devoid of all flavour.

My wife opted for a thin crust vegetarian pizza. The menu said that the pizza crust would be super thin & as it turned out the crust was indeed super thin. Again the flavour wasn't to our liking. The crust wasn't baked well enough. The toppings were disappointing. The flavour just wasn't right.

3. Service: The service was polite & courteous.

For some strange reason they don't accept payment by credit cards.

There are better restaurants on the island.

I would certainly not recommend the Dining Room.

2  Thank Pranav_Dhingra
uncle-eric, Owner at The Dining Room at Pacific Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2009

Dear Vanarp,

We kindly apologize that you didn't enjoy your meal at the Dining Room.

I wish to inform all readers that on Dec 1, 2009, myself and Jim Tawa mutually agreed that due to mixed reviews, financial issues, and other factors, our lease with Jim will be terminated, he will be moving on and I will take over the Dining Room again. The changeover will be effective on December 15.

Please note that Jim has contributed many ideas as he is an outstanding chef as you can see from his other reviews both here and in the Pacific Club's hotel listing. We will be incorporating his ideas along with those of the previous 3 executive chefs (not including myself) to provide a more reasonably priced "High Value for money" fine food dining experience. Prices will drop and quality will remain constant or hopefully better. Some items such as the super thin pizzas about which these folks complained will be replaced with more main stream ideas.

The staff whom this reviewer complimented will be remaining, along with my kitchen team, many of whom have been with the company for over 10 years will also be remaining.

I kindly wish to Thank Jim for the many great ideas he has contributed to our knowledge base. Many of the menu items and flavors Jim has contributed are outstanding and we wish him the best of success.

Kind Regards,

Uncle Eric
Owner of Pacific Club and former Executive Chef

Reviewed November 11, 2009

When you visit Phuket do yourself a favour and enjoy the wonderful food at this outstanding restaurant. The quality of the food is first class and the prices are very reasonable. Jim, the owner, is a first class chef and has definitely put his stamp on the presentation and quality of the food served. The menu is extensive and offers choices for all tastes. His steaks and ribs are some of the best I have experienced anywhere.
Jim is an excellent host mixing with his guests and offering suggestions. I would come back to this hotel in the future just for the food.
Alan - Sydney

4  Thank markanita

Been to The Dining Room at Pacific Club? Share your experiences!