“Great Place Great Food”

Ranked #77 of 359 Restaurants in Karon
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Karon Cafe, is Phuket's Original and Longest Standing Steakhouse.Famed for it's Fresh Chilled Steaks and Hearty good Value Meals. Karon Cafe has Grown to include a Healthy Salad Bar,a Yummy Daily Soup Bar, Fresh Seafood Menus, Which include Pacific Oysters Phuket Lobsteryummy fish and Chips.We are Proud to include our Classic Thai Cuisine, Kids Menus and Vegetarian Menus all at extremely good value. We smoke our own ribs and offer all you can eat roast beef meals and Rib delight nights. Our Wine Cellar and tropical Fruit Cocktails are Popular and well stocked. During the Day our Cafe Menus are famous. We do a great value Breakfast menu till 1:30 pm with mini Buffet and Yummy Hunger stopper Baked Sandwiches on offer through out the day.We have Air conditioning inside with baby chairs as well. As we maintain a safe Family environment. We have a Classic Street Side Cafe in Heart of Karon Phuket with Tables outside and on balcony with Killer Coffees and Steamers.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Place Great Food”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Staying at the Pacific Club Resort, we used our 10% coupon and ate at Karon Cafe. We enjoyed all our delicious meals at Pacific Club so we thought we would try Karon Cafe.

We ordered steaks, ribs and pizza. The steaks were good and juicy. You can't expect 5 star steak at such low prices. It curves the craving for steak and ribs if that is what you are craving. The cheesy potatoes were delicious. My husband also had the same problem with his ribs - we repeatedly had to ask for his sides. We had to ask a few times before all three sides arrived (corn, beans, coleslaw). Not sure why they are not on the same plate as the ribs. The beans were not bbq flavour. Other than that - food, drinks and service were good. Nice location to people watch and listen to music.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ruby1975
Pacific-Club-GM, Manager at Karon Cafe Steakhouse & Thai Cuisine, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Hi Ruby

I am pleased to read that you took advantage of the discount coupon. Thanks for letting us know that we have slipped up with one of our most popular dishes. Rest assured that this has been addressed. Just to be sure I will be regualarly ordering them myself (any excuse, I love them!).

Cheers
Keith

• Korean first
  • Thai first
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average - By UK standards”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I am not sure why the review below raves about the Steak & Rib combo I had this, my wife had the Rib Eye, and our daughter had a burger.

I am not sure if this is a good place by Karon standards which is why I gave it 3 stars, but by UK standards it was poor. I would have given it 1 star if this were a UK restaurant based on food only.

Positives

- The steaks were well seasoned and very tasty.
- The music opposite was pleasant
- No unpleasant after effects the next day.

Negatives

- The Ribs were not very nice at all. Little meat and poorly seasoned.
- The steaks are only 200g which is tiny, and they cost about 450-600bht. £9-12
- I had to repeatedly ask for my BBQ beans and Corn on the cob, which came 10mins after the main meal. The beans were then standard beans and not BBQ type.
- There is no option for larger steaks which is strange in a Steak House.
- Toilets worst I have seen in Karon. No paper hand towels and one for Men and Women.

The Thai restaurants in the area are a fraction of the price and in my opinion much better value for money.

The burger was again ok.

I would not return here, and will be trying others in the area.

This is the first time I have left a review on TA as I felt that the glowing testimonies were wrong.

• Visited December 2013
“Best steak ever”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner went here on our holiday after TA reviews well what a wonderful experience we had steak combo the ribs were so succulent cooked in there smoke house fresh. I've eaten in gaucho restaurants before and this even beats there steaks. Very reasonably priced also and the staff were very lovely. Ou won't regret a visit here.

Visited November 2013
Cumbria
“Great Food, Excellent Value”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Food superb and Value for money even better. Went 2 times during our stay and we were left wanting to go again!! Get yourself there and try the pepper sauce with Steak!! Wow!

1 Thank HonestJohn81
“Good food”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We ate here and were generally pleased, Steaks were good, I would say there is better around though. We ordered starters which after 20 minutes were delivered just after our main course, which was a bit odd, we were 1 of only 2 tables in there at the time. May just have been a one off, i would go again to give them another chance to impress.

• Visited October 2013