“Nice hotel, minutes walk from Karon beach.”

Bamboo House Phuket
Ranked #60 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Overall happy with this hotel, great value!
-good breakfast
-very nice rooms, bamboo style all the way. We stayed for 5 nights, got room in level 3 with pool view (recommend to request not to get level 1- pretty much underground, no view)
-friendly staff

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank pepmarie

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We ate in this restaurant 3 times and had a great service and excellent food quality! Well recommend it! Be careful as its right on the road, if you have young children. Excellent value for money also!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SamCDubai
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We did not stay at the accommodation but we ate at the restaurant for lunch one day during our recent visit to Phuket. The wait staff seemed disinterested but the food was fantastic and fresh. I would've gone back here again for another meal but we ran out of time and chose instead to go to the Red Onion for our final night (which came highly recommended) but it was awful. Bamboo House would have been a much better choice. Go, the food is great!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank navijac
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is a must! It's got a great atmosphere here. The food is fantastic and service prompt.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed here in June, low season, at very good prices. Beautiful spacious room, cleaned daily, products topped. Possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, so had fabulous sleeps whilst I stayed there. The mac in the room is wonderful. I had a problem with it on the first day and could not access my emails, as soon as I reported it, the maintenance staff came and changed the unit and I was away! The reception staff are excellent, most helpful and polite. Breakfasts were fabulous, possibly the best on my travels around Phuket and Bankok. The pool is small, but it was fine for me as a sole traveler, and I could dip as and when I pleased. My only criticism was the attitude of some the front of house staff, who seemed to think that they had greater status than the guests, as the restaurant was probably one of the best on the road, in terms of walking in to a restaurant. A lose plank on the decking near the pool tripped me up once, which I reported to the bar staff at least three times, which was ignored. I spoke to the reception staff and it was attended to straight away! Overall, a lovely stay, but a little staff training for some of the front of house staff!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at Bamboo House Phuket for two nights at the beginning of June. The hotel is a great choice for the budget traveller who wants a clean place to sleep and doesn't need luxury. The rooms are pretty nice, with modern bamboo-esque decor and japanese style low beds. They also have a mini-fridge, which is such a bonus when travelling - we walked down the street and bought a bunch of fresh fruit for breakfast the next morning.

The rooms are all equipped with a nice sized tv and a Mac mini, which was great to Skype with family back home or check the weather for the next day.

Our bathroom was fine - the toilet worked, the shower was nice, and the hotel's shower gel smells amazing! I took one with me for the road :)

High Points - Nice swimming pool, clean rooms, very friendly staff, good location

Low Points - No elevator, beds are really uncomfortable

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage, try to get a room on the 2nd (main) floor - there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This hotel is great, and really good value if you go in the low season. We requested an extra bed as there were three of us and they supplied it with no extra charge, we only had to pay for the extra persons breakfast. It is great having the computer hooked up to the TV in the room, saves spending money at internet cafes. The staff were really great too, very friendly, especially compared to staff at alot of the other places in Phuket.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family