“Good food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ging Restaurant

Ging Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 355 Restaurants in Karon
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Caloundra, Australia
“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We spent 2 nights staying in Karon and ate here 3 times which must say something! The food was well priced and delicious and the staff are friendly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Stafford
“Birthday Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Prior to leaving the UK, I had used tripadvisor to select a restaurant to book for our first night in Karon which was also my son's birthday. I made an internet booking and can say it was one of the best decisions made as part of a holiday for 10 family and friends on in Thailand, second to actually choosing Karon. The restaurant is light, airy and very comfortable. The food was without a doubt the best Thai cuisine that I have ever eaten. To my regret I only ate here twice during my holiday, on the first and the last day. However, to write a balanced review, I felt strongly that I had to try other restaurants in Karon, even though I had made my mind up on day one that nothing could beat Ging restaurant. I had many good meals in Karon, and even though one restaurant came close when judging food, it did not have the things that made Ging Restaurant number one. The staff were the most friendly in Karon and were led by two bubbly and friendly hostesses in Ging and her sister. Nothing was too difficult and nothing was unachievable. They were also professional and dealt with any concerns quickly, quietly and with a large smile. In all my time in Karon, I did not see any restaurant which was always full, where people had such looks of disappointment when they could not get a table, nor where the staff shared the experience with you. For excellent food and a wonderful experience, don't miss this Thai treat.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Michaelunison
Melbourne, Australia
“Cheap and cheerful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I recently ate and Ging with my husband and three children. We had a lovely meal. The menu was extensive and the food was well-priced. We ordered far too much as a result, but enjoyed it all. Service is not always the best in Phuket, but it was excellent at Ging. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
Bangkok
“Great Service, High Prices, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

The highlight of this restaurant is the great, friendly service from seemingly all the servers. The servers were very helpful without being overbearing.

We ordered 2 different curries and they both turned out subpar. We know our thai curries well-- and there was just something off about both of them. Our friendly waitress replaced one of the curries for free with a different dish- so once again, the service shined. I should also mention that fresh ingredients were used in the curry- the vegetables had a nice "snap" to them and the seafood was good too (not great) so that wasn't the problem. It was a quality of the chef issue rather than quality of the ingredients.

Some other reviewers say the prices are cheap-- but I didn't get that impression when looking at our bill. At the end of the day, the prices at Ging are high for simply average Thai food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Annmarie and Kerr”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Very nice people and good food and very cheap to eat out and all the staff wear lovely I would return for holiday soon it was lovely

Been to Ging Restaurant? Share your experiences!