Date: 29/09 - 02/10/2012
Room: Deluxe Pool Access with Breakfast
Agent: Agoda (Singapore $199)
From phuket international airport, it cost us 600baht to karon, the cheapest. The taxi we took was supposed to be metered but obviously they are not. (these taxis can be found outside the airport, turn right once exit the main door of the airport & all the way to the end. cant miss it.)
Somehow, the driver gave us a reason to stop somewhere as he needs to signed something. He stopped at an office by the roadside & another staff, a lady approached us & started making a conversation. She is actually trying to sell us their services, like rent a car, tour package & even a taxi transfer back to airport from ur hotel on the day u depart. (If ur flights are confirmed, its best that u take up the offer bcos it cost the same, 600baht.) Since our flight is at night & we have yet to decide to leave early or to stay at the hotel longer.
Reached hotel around noon & was greeted by the front desk staff. Ample parking space if u were to rent a car. Able to check in early as the room was ready.
The staff led us to our room which is situated on the first floor (obviously). Access by card key & only 1 card key was given to us.
Once we enter the room, we were greeted by the view of the balcony which leads to the swimming pool.
The room is fully furnish with the usual stuff with safe deposit box, & couple of bathrobe. no ironing facilities in the room. Their one day laundry is cheap too.
Bathroom fitted with both rain shower & tub! Amenities provided soap/shampoo & as well as coffee & tea. Everything in the bar fridge is free & topped up everyday if consumed. Nothing much but a can of coke, beer, a bottle of juice & 2 bottled water goes a long way when u need it on a hot humid weather.
Rooms are made everyday.
Their entertainment centre is made up of a flat screen tv, a mac mini complete with magic mouse & wireless keyboard. u can play dvd (5 for 500baht along the streets) & surf the internet at the same time. Wifi is free too.
Breakfast... is simple!!! Diffrent kinds of toast, jam/butter, coffee/tea, salad, fruits, fried rice, omelette, bacon, sausages, potatoes... etc
Pool is abt 1.2m deep & good for laps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exciting new resort concept brings art into every aspect of your stay. Check out the cool eye catching sculptures and displays made from everyday hotel items that will tempt you to take a photo. But more than this, each creative piece of installation art is produced by our own team of staff whose talent goes beyond their gracious hospitality. The installation art has a stunning visual effect that will make you smile from the mighty stack of chairs on the lawn to the paintbrush towel hangers in your deluxe room. Check out the oversized staff photo gallery, huge mobile made from pencils, the upside down umbrellas display and the facilities wall full of TVs to name just a few. There are so many artistic delights to discover at Sugar Marina Resort-ART-Karon Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sugar Marina Resort - ART reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Palm Karon Hotel Karon
- Sugar Palm Hotel Karon
- Sugar Marina Resort - ART Phuket/Karon