We have a group of 10 people stayed on June 2012, booked 4 rooms with Pool Access, paid S$87/nite (2106Bath). Staff was polite, room & tiolet are very clean, we had a comfy king size bed, every room had a sofa bed (single). Impressed with MAC devices provided that can serve internet from 32-37" TV. Wifi was free.
*Never never ask for extra bed cos they will only cover over the sofa bed with proper bed sheet, blanket, pillow with breakfast, all this charged 1000Baht per nite (breakfast only costs 115-160B). Try asking for FOC pillow, blanket & extend chk-out (charged 200B/hr extended)
All of us loved the pool access room, fantastic! Most of the time guys & kids will jump into the pool once we reach hotel room. Guys also enjoy their wine/beer in the pool. But due to the glaring noonday, can't open curtain or seat at balcony b4 5pm+ :( simply enjoy swim at nite till 11pm++ as long don't make noise (pool closed at 8pm)
Simple basic buffet breakfast was good if u are not fussy.
2-5 mins walks to the beach, massage, mini mart, shops & eatery places. *UP Seafoods (eatery name) is not advisable to try*. 10-15mins walks to Karon nite pasar malam (nite market open ard 5pm, closed at 10++pm. Out hotel turn left to the other end road). Compare price to Patong shopping, here are much cheaper. At Patong same slipper 100B here 69B, same kid's watch 200B here 100B.
I had stayed Patong twice, over all compare to Patong, Karon was a great convenient location, quiet, cheaper and beach was so much CLEANER & NICER if u do enjoy beach not a shopaholic!!!
Pay 200-300B tuk tuk drive 8-10mins to Jungceylon Shopping Mall & big supermarket "Big C" in Patong.
Thumb up!!! I will stay Sugar Palm Resort Karon again ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exciting new resort concept brings art into every aspect of your stay. Check out the cool eye catching sculptures and displays made from everyday hotel items that will tempt you to take a photo. But more than this, each creative piece of installation art is produced by our own team of staff whose talent goes beyond their gracious hospitality. The installation art has a stunning visual effect that will make you smile from the mighty stack of chairs on the lawn to the paintbrush towel hangers in your deluxe room. Check out the oversized staff photo gallery, huge mobile made from pencils, the upside down umbrellas display and the facilities wall full of TVs to name just a few. There are so many artistic delights to discover at Sugar Marina Resort-ART-Karon Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Marina Resort - ART reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Palm Karon Hotel Karon
- Sugar Palm Hotel Karon
- Sugar Marina Resort - ART Phuket/Karon