Peach Blossom Resort
Hilton
$145
$123
  • Breakfast included
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$94
  • Breakfast included
$97
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
$150
$140
  • Beachfront
Beyond Resort Karon(Karon)(Great Value!)
$168
$111
  • Pool
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$257
$109
$92
$173
$140
Priceline
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$37
$33
Priceline
All reviewspeach hillsteep hillkaron beachesstayed at this lovely hotelnice athmospherekiller hillgolf buggyreception staffshotel is locatedpool areanice poolrecommend this hotelsister resortbathroom doorpeaceful locationgrand deluxe roomextra bed
Reviewed February 5, 2013

After having stayed at the Metadee Resort in Kata for our honeymoon in March 2012, my wife and I decided to return for New Years. The Metadee was fully booked so we looked for the next best thing we could find (within our budget): the Peach Hill hotel.

Upon arrival, we were upgraded to the Peach Blossom (thanks by the way). Here we struggled to convince the hotel that we wanted a Queen sized bed. They explained it was possible, but we would have to get a room with a significantly poorer view (view overlooking the pool on the 4th floor, versus a view overlooking what may have been a dilapidated back yard on the 2nd floor).

For a day or two they put a king sized sheet over our 2 single beds, but then reverted to having them divided again for some reason. A seam between two single beds really inhibits the range of comfortable sexual positions, so at the end of the day, we gave up trying to comfortably share a bed.

On New Years eve we were given a "compulsory" New Years party. I knew about this beforehand, but what I didn't expect (and I don't think the other guests did either) was being transported by the truckload to another venue (3km away) for the party. I understand that there are probably economies of scales to these things, but it also meant we could not simply leave the party without having to pay for a taxi... on New Years Eve... see where I'm going with this ($$). So we waited for 20-30 minutes for a bus.

After the (excellent) food, we left the party (which to me seemed a bit like an attempt to herd rich-people together and trying to keep them from getting bored enough to leave) to go to the beach. After getting a wonderfully spectacular pyrotechnic opening to the New Year, my wife and I went back to the hotel to have sex. But, consistent with it's attempt to put an end to such shenanigans, the hotel seemed to have a belated Y2K problem:

Most guests could not open the doors to their hotel rooms between 00:30 and around 01:30. Needless to say, I went to have words with the concierge, only to see that he was surrounded by Russian men (equally unhappy, and probably equally unlikely to have sex that night). I quickly came to realise that the concierges problems were far bigger than mine. Also, there's nothing like a bunch of angry Russian men to give me a big floppy one.

So... in summary: The hotel is not bad. It was clean, the staff was polite and the concierge had balls of steel (give that man a raise!). But it was not a great experience either, and I would rather throw the dice and take my luck with another hotel in the same price range... like the Metadee.

3  Thank mojitocpt
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my husband during the first week of January 2013. The hotel accommodations were very nice and clean. The beds are very comfortable! I can't say enough about the hotel staff. They were extremely nice and helpful. the reception staffs were wonderful as they gave us great advice on where to dine and hang out. We arrived a bit early and one of the staff was very nice to hold our luggage while we went to the beach. Being a filipino it was very nice to see that some of their staffs are also Filipinos, thank you for providing us great service! My officemates are planning a vacation in Phuket and i will definitely recommend Peach Blossom to them. All in all, it was a fabulous stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Its was such indeed a great vacation for me and my wife,peach blossom was one of the excellent place to visit in phuket,thailand, the amenities ,the pool and the services was great, attentive staffs and great facilities, high satisfactory custumer service which made us wanting to come back next year, special thanks to All the staffs and management.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place is tatty, poorly maintained and way below average...it is supposed to be a 4 star rated resort but is more like a 2-3 star.
A couple of the staff are great but some of them need training in customer service. They made me feel like they were doing me a favour by letting me stay in the hotel.

When we arrived at 7pm on New Years Eve we were told that the bar was closed and would not open again until the following day!..

I went to the pool area at 11 a.m one day and found a table full of rubbish,plates, glasses, bottles etc left by some guests the previous evening.
Cushions on the seats in reception and the restaurant are ripped, the food in the restaurants is pretty bad, Breakfast is disappointing, smoke alarms and skirting boards are missing, there are lots of weeds in the flower beds, tiles are missing from the pools and on 2 occasions there was a hose pipe left on the steps between one of the pools and reception

I would definitely not go back

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for about 3 nights and we really had no idea what to expect. On check in, we were nickel and dimed on a few changes we had to make to our reservation. The staff in the early evenings made us feel like we were inconveniencing them when asking to call a cab (which they didn't even execute for us), and any other request felt like we were asking for an extra kidney.

the hotel is situated near karon beach, which is a really nice beach just like any other in phuket. but to enter this hotel, you are hiking up a quarter mile steep hill. they have a sign posted in the elevator that you can request a car service, but over the few days we never saw this car or anyone riding it up the hill. so be prepared to hike up and down when trying to go anywhere local.

if we could do it again, i would much rather stay closer to the patong/bangla road area. cabs/tuktuk's there seemed to be more knowledgable and easy to find. in karon, all the tuktuks seemed to be either confused or lost when we asked them to take us places.

the lobby is the only place you get wifi, but bring your bug spray because it is also heavily infested with mosquitos. the first night we arrived we spent about 30 min downstairs taking advantage of the wifi, and each walked away with about 6+ bites. fresh meat i guess!

all in all, if you're in phuket, there's gotta be better choices for lodging that have friendly staff, easy to access, and better location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends