“Should have done this years ago !”

Green Island Guest House
Ranked #116 of 136 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed October 17, 2011

If you have ever heard stories or seen anything about Thailand on the television do not believe it! Go there and see it for yourself.
Some of the most beautiful people we have ever met.
This extends to the Green Island guest house, every one is there to help and cannot do enough for you. You are made to feel welcome as soon as you step out of the taxi.
Tony and his family were waiting for for us to arrive rather than go out to dinner.
He gave us directions to the nearest restaurant and made sure we settled into our room (after 20 hours of travelling we needed looking after and for Tony it was no trouble)
We will be going back as soon as we can and look forward to it.
If you love the beach it's only 5 min walk away.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 11, 2011

Found this hotel after staying in a more expensive hotel for a couple of days. Green Islands is really value for money. Nice, clean airconditioned rooms, friendly athmosphere and very service-minded staff. Definetly a great choise if you're visiting Karon, looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Stayed for a few days before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
The rooms (Green decor) are clean and spacious with TV, fridge (not mini-bar, BYO) and a small seating area. Bathroom basic but perfectly adequate - the only negative (at least in my room) was the fact that the shower drain was across the other side of the bathroom (I believe this is what the professionals call a 'wet' room - the floor was certainly covered after the shower; mind you don't slip).
As a guesthouse, you don't get 24hr reception and, as I got to Karon early on my first day, I had to wait for a couple of hours before the place opened up. Though it was hardly their fault, the management were so appologetic about my having to sit in a nearby cafe drinking coffee for a little over an hour that they lopped a massive discount on the room - my kind of staff!
There is no food service available in the guest house, but it's difficult to throw a brick in this area of Karon without hitting at least 3 or 4 eateries within walking/staggering/crawling distance - Tony even has a couple of menus behind the bar of local delivery guys if you can't drag yourself away from the Guesthouse bar!
Special mention has to go to the delightful Tuk who runs the tourist centre attached to the Green Island - nothing was too much trouble for her and the trips were all organised perfectly!
So, it's definitely Green; It's a little peaceful island close to the main Karon Nightlife, and its a great value for money guesthouse that will certainly get my bhat again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2010

As a holiday princess I was not happy when my husband informed me that we were going on holiday to phuket, staying in a Guest house. Especially as we have a young child. But, I went with an open mind and found to my surprise that me and my son had the time of our lives staying at the Green Island Guest House.

The staff were very kind and helpful to the whole family especially when my little boy caught a cold.They went out of their way to help us, there was nothing that was to much trouble.

The rooms are to a very good standard, cleaned every day, extremely good location for restaruants and only a couple of minutes to the beach.

The Owners of the Green Island Guest House are very welcoming and we enjoyed many a night relaxing in the bar having a friendly chat as family with the owners and other guests.

I would recomend this guest house to every one visiting Phuket whether you have a family, couple or indeed single, don't bother with the hotels they are just over priced. Stay here in this guest house and use the money saved and go on trips and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank julliette_mcgookin
Reviewed June 13, 2010

you always get a friendly welcome in this guesthouse ,rooms are a good size,very clean. with large queen size double beds ,cable tv,air-con. bathrooms have great walk in showers.rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels.there's a bar with pool table.its a 5 min walk to the beach .restaurants etc are very close by.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Nice location minutes from beach. On the edge of the nightlife zone so you can either sleep or join in - choose! Friendly,clean, good-value guesthouse. Tourism office one side, pub on the other. Scooters for hire. No food but plenty of bars,restaurants and hawker stalls nearby. Enjoyed my stay very much!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2010

We stayed at this questhouse 4 days - room was very spacious and clean. Goog location, very near to Karon beach, just 3 minutes walk. Tony, his family and staff are very friendly and helpful!
Would recommend definitely!