“Clean Budget guesthouse”
Review of Pen Siri House

Pen Siri House
Ranked #2 of 26 Nai Yang B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Big room, good air-conditioner, fridge and clean.

It is ideal for a one night stay over or if you only want to use it as a base to sleep. It has NO atmosphere and therefore you would rather spend your evenings at the beach where all the restaurants and shops are.

Situated on the border of the residential area (at the back of the Indigo Pearl). There is a pathway that leads to the beach which could be quite eerie late at night.. This path is also used by motorbikes and is very narrow. Take care when motorbikes come from opposite directions at the same time.

I did not fancy the idea of every time taking my shoes off when I want to enter/exit. I was not going to leave my shoes out on the street!

If you have can afford to upgrade Naiyang Seaview place and Dang bungalows are good options. They are literally on the beach and has good size rooms.

TIP: If on a budget - let the taxi take you to the airport and from there make use of the other transport options like mini-vans and metered taxi's to take you to your next destination.

Room Tip: Street facing balcony more expensive but noisy early morning.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank arwaCapeTown

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We only stayed one night because it was close to the airport which was nice. The hotel was small and had nice and clean rooms. It was like it was in the backyard to mainstreet. It only took 4 minutes to get there by a footpath. There weren´t much else to do at the hotel than to sleep

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sispigen
Reviewed March 4, 2014

As soon as I arrived to Pen Siri, the male owner advised us politely not to make noise at night as they have customers there. We understand that very well and agree to the term. After I took a shower, I walk toward the lobby with my father. The female owner asked us where we from, so we answered her we are from Malaysia. She then immediately shouting at us aggressively, "Malaysians very noisy, If you make noise, I will call the police to get you out of my place". I wouldn't want to stay in that place anymore. This place is quiet and nice however this lady just spoil my vacation mood seriously.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank KathyCTS
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed just one night before flying out of Phuket. Nai Yang was our choice because it's close to the airport and kind of relaxed. Taking Pen Siri was a very good choice. The owner is very helpful and a really nice guy. The prices are quite good for the area. The guesthouse is over a mini market one street ahead from the beach. Our taxi driver had to ask around to find it. Room are of a fine size, the one we had would have needed a paint and new furniture but otherwise it was nice and clean with AC and an OK bathroom with warm water. Overall a good value for money. Book in advance, they tend to be full. Don't forget to pay a visit to Phen's restaurant which has the same owner and where you will get a 10% discount.

Room Tip: Try to get a room which is not facing to the main street, it can get a bit noisy in the morning othe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lotharko
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We are recently back from a trip around the world where we stayed in 69 different places. My family stayed here for five nights in two rooms. We were very happy with this place - it was simple and basic, but clean and comfortable. I appreciated the little fridge in the rooms too. Just a five minute walk to the beach. For what it was, I thought it was good value and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms with the balconies were nice, but the balcony doesn't look onto anything scenic. The b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Spotlessly clean, comfortable rooms with aircon, a fridge and TV, great location not far from the beach and above a mini mart and bike rental shop. Perfect for a budget break in A lovely resort. Nai Yang itself is quiet and unspoilt, a far cry from the commercialism of Patong!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We needed some place close to the airport as we were arrived very late at night. We found this Family ran place fantastic, basic but all u need, a/c, close to beach and shops. We hired scooters from them and that worked out great.
Our host "Air" was very helpful ( all the best with the arrival of your baby) thank you for looking after us xx

• Stayed: November 2013