“Good value and convenient to airport”

Nai Yang Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Nai Yang
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed at the Nai Yang Beach Resort for one night in February 2012 before a morning flight out of HKT. The Nai Yang Beach Resort is a much more basic and less expensive property than the other places I stayed on this trip (I paid about $75 USD for my room during high season), so my expectations were not the same as they would be at a more expensive properety. Having read mixed reviews about the Nai Yang Beach Resort, and specifcally having read some pretty negative comments about the staff, I found my check-in experience to be very good. The woman who checked me in was polite, efficient, spoke English well, and even gave me an upgraded room (I had booked the lower priced tropical room and was given an Oriental décor room). A man (I think he might have been a manager or assistant manager) took me to my room. The room was clean and more nicely decorated (although somewhat Spartan) than I would have expected given the low price.

However, I had two issues with the room that would have resulted in my asking for a different room if I was staying more than overnight. The first problem was mosquitos in the room. The rooms were motel style with a number of separate buildings with outdoor entrances to each room. There were no screen doors, and I’ suspect housekeeping leaves the doors open when cleaning. In addition, there was a big gap between the door and door frame, so bugs could easily get in even when the door was closed. The second problem was the shower. It only produced a small trickle of water. It took forever for me to wash/condition my longer, thick hair.

I didn't eat at the hotel or use any of the hotel amenities, given my short stay.

I thought the location of the hotel was good, both in terms of its proximity to the airport and in terms of being across from the street from the beach with a variety of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Beachdreams2

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had an early flight so was great to have somewhere to stay which was close to the airport. Rooms was nice and clean and we were next to one of the pools which was nice. Staff were pleasant and happy to help with transport to the airport. Grounds are hugs but its was still nice and quiet. Only complaint is that the movie channels had Thai dubbing so we are guessing the staff were watching the movies...?? Would have been nice if they were in English for the guests to enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zoe Shepherd S
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Nai Yang Beach Resort is good value for your money - a clean, mid-range level hotel in a very convenient location. It's a mere five minutes from the airport (so, ideal for short stays in Phuket) and it's right across the street from the beach and a wide array of beach restaurants/bars. It's also located on the best kiteboarding beach in Thailand, so it's a definite plus if you'd like to take lessons.

The front desk staff could definitely be friendlier, and you'll have to pay for internet in the room (at ridiculously expensive hourly rates), but other than that it's a nice place to call home for a couple of days. The suites and rooms at the front are recently remodeled and much nicer than the ones at the back of the property - though, rest assured that from our experience everything is very clean no matter where you're located. Aim for the front of the property though!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KMS3
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Had an early flight the next morning so decided to check in the day before to a hotel somewhere close to the airport.

Upon arrival, staff was friendly and I was brought to my room on a golf cart. The hotel is quite big - they were all ground floor apartment and I had the room right in front of the pool

Rooms were clean and spacious. Nice decor as well.

I must say the location was really good. Just outside the hotel main entrance were a few restaurants and a beach bar. Very peaceful compared to Patong. However, if you plan to go partying the whole time in Phuket, I suggest you stay somewhere central as it took about an hour taxi/car ride to the city!

Overall, I would say this place is a definite value for money and would come again if I plan to stay at Nai Yang!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Sufifi
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were on a trip to Phuket and stayed here for 1 night being so close to Airport (7 minutes by cab). I would say we wouldn't have selected a better place. It was right near to beach, neat and clean. We were with our friends family and were given a cottage with two semi detached rooms which was fine with us. We had a nice pool all for ourselves. Water was clean and enjoyed a nice swim. Just in front of hotel there were plenty of food and utilities shops. Had a nice lunch in a shack next to the hotel. We also found good bargain on our trip to Potong area in a car. Guy waited for us for 4 hrs and brought us back.

Breakfast was nothing to write about. Standard fare.

One caution: Sea has jelly fishes and I got stung by one while in chest deep water. But because of quick action of my friend, did not suffer much. There were few others who got bitten that same day. So if you venture too deep, keep a lookout for the jellies.

All and all I would say it was worth its money.

Room Tip: Look out for room next to pool. There are two pools.. Also beware of jelly fishes in sea.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hrishigads
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wedding planner had suggested the hotel as a wedding venue and reading some of the reviews i decided to go with the hotel.. from day 1 when i emailed the hotel for enquiries i received a speedy response. On our arrival on the 29th December 2011 we were greeted with warm smiles. We were booked to stay in the standard rooms but the hotel upgraded myself and my guests (45 people) to the deluxe rooms. During the wedding functions the hotel was very accommodating and helpful. they even extended our time for the wedding reception to ensure that we can enjoy our celebrations. A special thanks to the staff especially Kun at reception for the amazing service that she gave me and my guest.
The catering and arranging for all the decor was to the T.

The rooms were always cleaned on time. Due the functions we requested our room to be cleaned about 3 times the one day and it was done without any complaints.

The hotel is very close (all within walking distance) to many eating places, massage palors and the beach is literally across the road. Spending New Years on naiyang beach was amazing. All the eating places had tables on the beach sand filled will tourists and there was almost a 2 hour fireworks display and everyone releasing lanterns.

An overall great experience and value for money. only suggestion to the hotel would be to upgrade the Standard rooms a bit.

Room Tip: The deluxe room instead of the standand
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Reshantha M
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I visit Phuket frequently for business, I need to stay somewhere near the airport, my client booked this hotel for me, thinking that I am not going to use their facilities , I don't really mind where I am staying as long as it is clean and serve good coffee. I was booked into a mini suite, I suppose it has all the amenities of 4 stars hotel, but very very basic. I arrived near midnight and was given a room that smell (smoking smell) , changed to another one slightly better. Next morning I found dirts under the sofa when i moved it around, i told house keeping and they were quick in cleaning it up. I always enjoy my breakfast time in Thailand , this has to be the one that i can not stay more then 10 mins, there is no character in the choice of food, no service and coffee was lousy. For the price of 1,300 thai baht per night , I suppose I shouldn't complain but for sure I will not return again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
T-Villa Resort
#9 of 9 in Nai Yang
Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach
Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach

Been to Nai Yang Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!