I stayed at the Nai Yang Beach Resort for one night in February 2012 before a morning flight out of HKT. The Nai Yang Beach Resort is a much more basic and less expensive property than the other places I stayed on this trip (I paid about $75 USD for my room during high season), so my expectations were not the same as they would be at a more expensive properety. Having read mixed reviews about the Nai Yang Beach Resort, and specifcally having read some pretty negative comments about the staff, I found my check-in experience to be very good. The woman who checked me in was polite, efficient, spoke English well, and even gave me an upgraded room (I had booked the lower priced tropical room and was given an Oriental décor room). A man (I think he might have been a manager or assistant manager) took me to my room. The room was clean and more nicely decorated (although somewhat Spartan) than I would have expected given the low price.
However, I had two issues with the room that would have resulted in my asking for a different room if I was staying more than overnight. The first problem was mosquitos in the room. The rooms were motel style with a number of separate buildings with outdoor entrances to each room. There were no screen doors, and I’ suspect housekeeping leaves the doors open when cleaning. In addition, there was a big gap between the door and door frame, so bugs could easily get in even when the door was closed. The second problem was the shower. It only produced a small trickle of water. It took forever for me to wash/condition my longer, thick hair.
I didn't eat at the hotel or use any of the hotel amenities, given my short stay.
I thought the location of the hotel was good, both in terms of its proximity to the airport and in terms of being across from the street from the beach with a variety of shops and restaurants nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After driving through a beautiful stretch of rubber trees you'll find Nai Yang Beach Resort, tucked away on a secluded stretch of sand on the Northwest coast of Phuket. The entire area is under the supervision of Nai Yang National Marine Park, making it protected, quiet and safe. The resort offers unforgettable views, seclusion, and access to a variety of activities including Dive center, shopping Plaza with the unique souvenir and professional Thai and foot massage. Or for that true escape, restful times with a good book while relaxing awaying casuarina and coconut trees. Swimming and relaxing at the front beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nai Yang Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nai Yang Beach Hotel Nai Yang
- Nai Yang Beach Resort And Spa Phuket