“Best Indian Cuisine in Phuket”

Shah Baba Indian Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 44 Restaurants in Nai Yang
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are here since 2009 serving fresh food & trying to make according to the desire of our honourable guests and by the grace of our GOD we are succeeded to get good response & heartily love from our guests. So our passion is to provide services of nice, delicious, full of nutritious, fresh, balance and international standard of food to our valued customers. Our staff keeps well behaviour and consist of skilled workers.Our mission is to provide safe and clean environment, JUST LIKE HOME. High quality food is our standard. We do wedding parties, group buffet and birthday parties as well. We are waiting for your good suggestion and nice opinion for more improvement of our business. Thank you Shah Baba Indian Restaurant Halal Food.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Having just returned from a New Year's vacation in Phuket I must take some time to recommend the finest tasting Indian food this side of Mumbai.The host treated my family to the most informative dialogue concerning the menu.Having had limited knowledge of Indian food he proceeded to guide us to select a wide variety of dishes that would excite our palates.Fresh lamb and savory sauces delighted us with their delicate,though spicy flavors.The atmosphere is comfortable and nicely decorated with a show of Indian culture.The highlight for my particular taste was the buttery naan bread freshly oven roasted served hot with the ample dishes.All in all I and my family will remember Phuket for the beautiful beaches and the best Indian food I've ever eaten.

shahbaba, Owner at Shah Baba Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

my great Sir thanks a lot for you kindness of writing review about my restaurant . we miss your family a lot i hope you will visit again. thanks again and wish you good luck always.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my wife and friends. Obviously the visit was driven by the reviews.
Before serving the food, there was lot of talk from the manager about their food quality and authenticity and asked for the feedback on food while we just had "masala papad" saying that this dish will tell the story of main courses.

The main course included Daal, panner dishes, chicken tikka masala and breads.
Daal was average, panner dishes were below average, the quality of cottage cheese used was pathetic. The chicken tikka masala had chicken cubes which didn't seem that they have been in tandoor ever, it was more like a boiled chicken in a tomato curry. The 1st lot of the bread seems to be the stale one which was served just by making it hot by putting it in oven before serving. It was very hard.

Overall the quality of food was below average and bit pricey.
Location of the restuarant is nice, since it is in front of Ni Ang beach.

shahbaba, Owner at Shah Baba Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Sir thanks a lot for your very very kind and lovely reviw that make my business more good thanks GOD. again thanks and wish you goodluck always.GOD bless you long and happy life AMEEN.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Seeing the other reviews here we decided to give Indian restaurants in phuket one last change... After 3 or 4 other visits to other indian resturants on the island in the past 3 years..

Where do i start..

1. The location on Tripadvisor map is off by 12.9 kilometers!!
So first day we drove around like mad to find it, but could not..
(location problem reported to tripadvisor)

2. Hot sprite, and no ice cubes intill we asked for them! Dirty fork for the ice-cube tank, got changed to another one, that also was not clean, we where of the a bad start.

3. Place looks well not inviting, blend, and there was also not a single costumer as we where there, tho all other restaurants nearby looked like they where doing okay.

4. Over priced..
5. Food tasted of water, we even when ordered asked for not mild, but levee the food standard..

5. Puri, Naan, and other bread was nice tasting

It saddens me to have to write this here review, we where really hoping to finally have some great Indian food..

We do how ever thank management for offering us money back, we did not take it!
Its not about money, its about getting some good feed, thats why we spend 3 days looking for the place, and drove 12.9 kilometers out of our way to come eat there..

This was and will be the last Indian restaurant in Phuket, properly Thailand we will ever try..

Great sir am so much thankful to you for your very very kind review. GOD bless you long heathy life ameen. thanks again a lot.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have been living in Nai yang for 5 months now, so I guess we know all of the restaurantes. The indian restaurant is just great, the food is really good! We love the chicken tika masala specially. The best part though is to see that the owner gets trully happy to have you there, and he will always treat you with the maximum of respect, just a great guy :) We will miss you our most beloved friend!!

Julia & Johannes

1  Thank Johannes F
shahbaba, Owner at Shah Baba Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

My honourable great friends am so much thankfull to both of you for you very sweet kindness with me all time and for writing nice review about my restaurant . thanks again and again

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

After 10 weeks in Vietnam and Thailand we decided our last meal before we flew out would be Indian....and we were not disappointed. We had a great meal and even greater conversation with the delightful owner. Biggest naan bread I have ever seen and the most awesome Chai tea ever. We will be back for sure :)

1  Thank AlvoAbbott
shahbaba, Owner at Shah Baba Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

My great friends am so much thankfull to you that still you remember me and given ur kind remarks about my restaurant. Actualy i feel my goodluck that i find great friends like both of you. May God bless you good health with long happy successful life. Ameen