Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
Expedia.com$117
Priceline$117
Destinia.com$126
4,483 results
All reviews black ginger tin mine indigo pearl adult pools d buk suite tin mining family pool pearl bed suite day bed pool suite swim up bar our honeymoon cooking class thai restaurant outdoor bath large resort amazing resort
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location is great, right in the heart of the quiet Nai Yang village, just a step over the beach road and there you are at the one of the best beaches of Phuket. The location is the main thing our family likes the hotel.

The hotel has taken many steps backwards, since we last visited two years ago, and now in Feb 2013 again. The service is just 4 star hotel's. Short guy at the beach is actually very rude and bored with his job. Breakfast is chaos. Water service doesn't work, you always need to worry it by yourself. When ordering in-room dining, it was two times more than a day that the dirty plates were put outside the room and stayed there.
Plumming doesn't work well.
At the first floor of the I -building huge amount of mosquitos inside the room, even though we never used the terrace.
Not enough baby chairs at the breakfast, which was not understandable at all.
When we left the hotel, nobody said nothing, nothing. "Welcome again", "have a nice trip home", etc. nothing.

To summarize, I think the hotel is in the middle of bad management crisis, as most of the routine processes seamed not to work. 5 star hotel means seamless and well-functioning processes, so that the quest won't even notice that things are happening, they just do.

Now, you get the feeling, you need to worry everything in person, otherwise things are not fine.

And, we are not at all especially complaining type of tourista, family of two adults and 3 kids under 6 years age.

Room tip: D-buk suite is good with kids, I-building was ok
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank CapeTurning
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Expectations Not Met. The hotel prides itself for being 5 star. Unfortunately, it is anything but 5 star. Tin Mine restaurant wait staff were rude and had attitudes. Wait staff did not take used plates away from our table. Basic service like asking if we would like to start with coffee or tea was not observed. Housekeeping does a poor job of cleaning the rooms. We had to wipe the dust off the tables and the furniture after the room was "cleaned". Our baby developed severe allergies due to the dusty room. We do not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
7  Thank traveltocountries
ExecOffice, Management at The Slate, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Traveltocountries,

Thank you for your feedback. Your concerns has been certainly noted and addressed. Please note this is not our standard and certainly our priority is guest service. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great place - love the designer chic and the stylishness of this hotel. Being Australian, I find the food offered in each of the hotels to be very affordable. But the restaurants along the beach are much cheaper.

Pool facilities are great.

We took a cooking class and loved it. Worked out to be about AU$80/person. Really lovely experience including a visit to the local markets.

Service is fantastic and impeccable.

Real highlight was the presents we received

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina B
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here in September on the way to Europe. This was relaxing, the rooms well apoointed and the restaurant, Black Ginger was stunning.

We did the cooking school in Moo's Kitchen which was unreal!! I would recommend this to you.

There were some renovations being done but it did not impact too much on our trip.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would stay here again!

Room tip: All the rooms are nicely appointed.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank jbmadigan
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've stayed in a number of 4-5 stars resort across Asia over the last 10 yrs, but I must say this is not one of the most pleasant experience. Stayed there for 4 nights but things seem to get worse by the day. First night we arrived we got upgraded to a better room, which was nice we thought. However, after the very first night, disasters follow. On the second day we started to experience difficulties in Wifi connection. I never expected this as Free Wifi is as common as ants these days but the connection started to jump on and off I could hardly stay on for 5 min continuously. By the forth day, I've lost Wifi completely. I'd rather they charge me and I get a stable connection. On one night we went to one of their restaurants The Grill place to be exact and at the door, I was told there's a dress code. So I went back to my room to get changed. As soon as I sat down I noticed that 4-5 other people in that same restaurant were wearing shorts as well. The waitress tried to apologize telling me that there was nothing she could do about it. I cant really understand what's with the dress code anyway as this is a resort I went to. Anyways, for the menu, I must say it's quite a ripped-off. I never expected to pay this sort of money only to get some very average food that didnt deserve any star imo. Thereafter I had decided to go to the restaurants next to the beach as they were priced 1/10 of what the hotel charged. In addition to issues mentioned above, the biggest problem in this resort is the Mosquitoes! Man...over the 4 nights we stayed there there were a crazy amount of mosquitoes partying with us in the room. Among ourselves we discovered an awful lot of mosquito bites every morning and it's pretty incredible that the hotel does nothing about it.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank kal620
ExecOffice, Management at The Slate, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Kal620,

Thank you for your review. Sad to read you were not informed about the dress code and courtesy measures to take to avoid combat with mosquitoes. These information is available on our website and also in the rooms and we kindly request our guests to keep balcony doors closed to avoid as such as we are in a tropical climate and other measures are indeed taken by our team. Kind Regards Indigo Pearl team.