Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
Priceline$97
Hotels.com$96
Prestigia.com$125
4,483 results
All reviews black ginger tin mine indigo pearl adult pools d buk suite tin mining family pool pearl bed suite day bed pool suite swim up bar our honeymoon cooking class thai restaurant outdoor bath large resort amazing resort
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Expectations Not Met. The hotel prides itself for being 5 star. Unfortunately, it is anything but 5 star. Tin Mine restaurant wait staff were rude and had attitudes. Wait staff did not take used plates away from our table. Basic service like asking if we would like to start with coffee or tea was not observed. Housekeeping does a poor job of cleaning the rooms. We had to wipe the dust off the tables and the furniture after the room was "cleaned". Our baby developed severe allergies due to the dusty room. We do not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
7  Thank traveltocountries
ExecOffice, Management at The Slate, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Traveltocountries,

Thank you for your feedback. Your concerns has been certainly noted and addressed. Please note this is not our standard and certainly our priority is guest service. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great place - love the designer chic and the stylishness of this hotel. Being Australian, I find the food offered in each of the hotels to be very affordable. But the restaurants along the beach are much cheaper.

Pool facilities are great.

We took a cooking class and loved it. Worked out to be about AU$80/person. Really lovely experience including a visit to the local markets.

Service is fantastic and impeccable.

Real highlight was the presents we received

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina B
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here in September on the way to Europe. This was relaxing, the rooms well apoointed and the restaurant, Black Ginger was stunning.

We did the cooking school in Moo's Kitchen which was unreal!! I would recommend this to you.

There were some renovations being done but it did not impact too much on our trip.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would stay here again!

Room tip: All the rooms are nicely appointed.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank jbmadigan
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've stayed in a number of 4-5 stars resort across Asia over the last 10 yrs, but I must say this is not one of the most pleasant experience. Stayed there for 4 nights but things seem to get worse by the day. First night we arrived we got upgraded to a better room, which was nice we thought. However, after the very first night, disasters follow. On the second day we started to experience difficulties in Wifi connection. I never expected this as Free Wifi is as common as ants these days but the connection started to jump on and off I could hardly stay on for 5 min continuously. By the forth day, I've lost Wifi completely. I'd rather they charge me and I get a stable connection. On one night we went to one of their restaurants The Grill place to be exact and at the door, I was told there's a dress code. So I went back to my room to get changed. As soon as I sat down I noticed that 4-5 other people in that same restaurant were wearing shorts as well. The waitress tried to apologize telling me that there was nothing she could do about it. I cant really understand what's with the dress code anyway as this is a resort I went to. Anyways, for the menu, I must say it's quite a ripped-off. I never expected to pay this sort of money only to get some very average food that didnt deserve any star imo. Thereafter I had decided to go to the restaurants next to the beach as they were priced 1/10 of what the hotel charged. In addition to issues mentioned above, the biggest problem in this resort is the Mosquitoes! Man...over the 4 nights we stayed there there were a crazy amount of mosquitoes partying with us in the room. Among ourselves we discovered an awful lot of mosquito bites every morning and it's pretty incredible that the hotel does nothing about it.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank kal620
ExecOffice, Management at The Slate, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Kal620,

Thank you for your review. Sad to read you were not informed about the dress code and courtesy measures to take to avoid combat with mosquitoes. These information is available on our website and also in the rooms and we kindly request our guests to keep balcony doors closed to avoid as such as we are in a tropical climate and other measures are indeed taken by our team. Kind Regards Indigo Pearl team.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a very beautiful property. It is a BIG hotel, with lots of room, three pools, on extensive grounds. It is adjacent to the beach (ie. you have to walk out of the hotel, cross a little road) rather than 'on' the beach like many Asian beach resorts.

I love the rooms. The are unique -- everything ranging from the taps, to shower heads, to cutleries appear to be handmade. Some rooms are nicer than others. I think I've figured out that room numbers starting with the digit '1' are the older rooms, followed by '2', with '3' being the newest, high ceiling, outdoor bath-tub, large balcony rooms.

I also love the buffet breakfast. Very extensive, lots of varieties and choices.

For a resort of this calibre, it is very much let down by a severe lack of staff. Check-in was a very painful 30 minute process (including queuing time) in the very hot and humid reception area (not air-conditioned). Check-out was another slow process. Getting a buggy transport to the room often involve a 10 minute wait when you return from dinner.

It could have been so wonderful.

Room tip: Rooms with the four-digit room number beginning with '3' are the newest rooms, with a large balcony, and outdoor bath-tub, and high ceiling.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ExecOffice, Management at The Slate, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Craig,

Thank you for your review and acknowledgement on our design and resort, much appreciated.

Your concern of staff shortage certainly has been noted and rectified as guest service is our priority.

Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team