“MOST AMAZING HONEYMOON RESORT!”
Review of The Slate

The Slate
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Nai Yang
“MOST AMAZING HONEYMOON RESORT!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Indigo Pearl, where do I begin to describe the most amazing holiday destination on earth? I'd be lying if I didn't say that this resort is honestly heaven on earth . My husband and I stayed here end of Sep 2012 for our honeymoon. Before booking I read all the reviews on trip advisor and wished for the best when we arrived there. But honestly everything I read was more then true and also BETTER! Our experience was phenomenal . Amazing service, amazing food, amazing rooms, amazing restaurants, amazing decor , amazing EVERYTHING. Breakfast at Tin Mine was perfection (we actually looked forward to it) haha - get the chocolate croissants they were to die for! Everybody there was so so helpful and friendly that I loved saying hello to every staff I walked past because they actually cared you were there and your presence is always recognized (not like staff from other resorts!). Room service was fast and perfect! Rooms always very clean and smelling amazing ! (Oil burner always turned on by maid and all toiletries refilled daily!).
We went on many tours and staff were so happy to guide us in our decisions and transport was always taken care of by them. We felt like a king and queen honestly. Going to the cooqoon spa is a must !!!! Most amazing Thai massages and body scrubs EVER! Loved loved loved it!!!!!! Worth every cent! (Equivalent to what you would pay in Australia for a massage).
The restaurants we went to just got better and better each night! Black Ginger was my personal favourite! (Order the fish! Yumm!!!)
Even food delivered to your room from the room service menu was amazing ! Hot and fresh! (Spring rolls with tartar sauce was our daily night treat!- MOST AMAZING TREAT EVER!)
If your looking for a honeymoon destination - THIS IS IT! (Tell them your honeymooners and show proof and you get a special package also!!!)
We loved every second of our stay there that we just cannot wait to return! Thank you to everyone at Indigo Pearl for the most amazing holiday experience of my life! Unforgettable!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My sister got married here and the rooms were phenomenal. My parents and I shared one room. I was on a very long flight from DFW to TPE to BKK to HKT, I got to the airport and the lady who held the sign was short so I couldn't find her with the sign and she wasn't holding it up high enough, so I looked and finally found her and got on the shuttle. I didn't get a cold towel on the hot day or bottled water, but AC helped! Especially in March! We got a balcony room which was great to do laundry on. Tub outside. Great breakfast buffet, in fact we ate more breakfast, skipped lunch and was able to eat even a light dinner. I loved it! Spa package and massage was great! Spa Cocktail package is the way to go! I got the Pearl Scrub and the Oil Massage for 90 minutes. This was before the New Spa was built and opened. Pool bar was amazing and great mojitos! YUMMY! Great job and thanks to Sasha for an amazing wedding for my sister Weiling! Great job! Oil burners are awesome in the room lit every night with the white champaka oil sold in the gift shop in the hotel that, I bought one with oils to bring home and burn it when guests are at my home!

Room Tip: There is no bad room at this hotel! Great rooms. If you want quieter, ask for ones near the adult po...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John J
Sydney Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family and I (2 adults and two children) stayed at Indigo Pearl after I purchased a 7 nights Scoopon voucher which Included dinner for two, 7 nights in the D Buk suite, airport pick up and buy one and get one free massage at their award winning spa. The booking using the Scoopon was swift and easy through direct contact with the hotel via email.

The room: We had the room which was on ground floor. Room 1105. All D Buk suites were on ground floor. The room was not five star. It had cracks on the ceiling under the air-conditioning, one night it was actually leaking and we asked to be moved. However when shown to our potential new Rooney it also had leaks so we decided to stay. The staff, were great though, they couldn't be more friendly and helpful with any of your request. So it didn't leave a bad impression. The floor in our room had architectural faults. The wooden floor was raised up and it was uneven. Could be from water damage or the pipe below, however it was not pretty. The bathroom shower screen rings were broken and ripped. Guest relations sent us a lovely fruit platter and canapes with drinks to apologise for the inconvenience. This was a nice guesture. The pillows are not your typical hotel pillows. They are either too hard or two soft that it fully flattens and your basically lying on nothing. We did ask for different pillows but gave up as the one they gave us was not right so we knew that it was probably all they had. Still did not phase us. I'm just mentioning this as you'd expect 5 star all round. This room should actually be fixed up before they let other guests stay. We were next to the main pool ( children's pool) as per our request.
Housekeeping did a great job. House cleaning was superb and very thorough. Lots of Mosquitos on ground floor so beware when you have young children. It's the tropics, however being up higher would be better to avoid them.

The breakfast: lovely spread of varieties. I loved the waffles, and the green and red curry which alternates daily. As others have stated, it is not air-conditioned, I guess it didn't go with the theme. However we found that if you sit to the right of the buffet ( as you come down the main lobby) it is much cooler than the rest of the breakfast area. It wasnt so bad, but would be better if they had a small area for air-conditioning especially if you have babies too. Staff were adequate. I didn't feel the love Thai hospitality as I did with Pullman in Bangkok. It was more " here's your table and sit". Though Sue was absolutely lovely! She took the time to talk to us and help us for booking our buffet dinner. I think she was the only personable staff at breakfast. Don't order special coffees ie latte or macchiato. It will take you back $5AUD! I was mortified when my husband ordered and got the bill. It's just ridiculous, I don't even pay that much in Sydney!

The Grounds: as you enter up the driveway after the main gate, you will be welcomed with gorgeous silver types of palms that goes really well with the theme. However the lobby lacked the "resort" feel for me. In my past experiences, it was open with the wind and the water of wither the pool or beach that is in full view. You will not get that. The fresh wind is blocked off by the building and the concrete walls. Though for some it may be nice architecturally. But it just lacked that resort oasis feel when you enter the lobby.
I understand the theme, however the concrete ground and walls just made me feel as though I wasn't in a resort. Nice for some, but I will probably stick to the Anantara or Laguna beach style resorts. There, I felt I was in a tropical oasis. It was good for families, they had the main pool and the large grounds were just large. There were two adults only pool. However it was eerily quiet so maybe good for the couples and people who don't like noise. So it cater for all in that sense.
The hotel charges per person to go to Phuket or Patong. It was reasonable.

Food: there were many wonderful eateries nearby behind the hotel. We ate at Baan Raa tree and it was good. We also tried Hana restaurant and that was lovely too. The beach is dirty so you wouldn't think of swimming in it. But great for sunset viewing as you have dinner on the beach.

Spa: you must try the Cocoon Spa at this hotel. This would be a highlight for this hotel stay. It's probably the best thing I remember about this place. Well worth it!

If it was for our repurchased 7 nights stay, I would of only booked and stayed here for 3 nights max. I just felt that I was in a concrete wall and that it was not resort like.

We did enjoy the front desk smiles and help. The housekeeping were lovely and polite. But unfortunately we won't return as my husband and I have a different flavor for resort living. Though we respect the theme and the architect. Good for others but not us.

Room Tip: Not ground floor unless you have a mosquito proof skin. Stay up higher floors. And don't stay in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Ulive2travel
ExecOffice, Management at The Slate, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Ulive2travel,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. Acknowledge your honest feedback, we are certainly carrying out preventive maintenance to ensure our standards are up to par, pleased to note your satisfaction with our service and spa. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Indigo Pearl in September 2009 for 10 nights (not November 2011, this was the earliest date it would let me choose). This resort is beautiful. From what we understood, it was originally 3 resorts that were combined into 1 following the Tsunami in 2004. As a result, there are vast spaces to walk around as well as various restaurants and pools to choose from. This resort is a fair car ride to Patong, and closer to the airport, so if your looking for the Patong experience, then this resort isnt for you. For my husband and myself, this resort being away from all the craziness and was the perfect spot to get away, unwind and relax. There is a little strip out the back of the hotel that has massage parlours, restaurants, bars and the resorts private beach. The hotel security is great, every car in is thoroughly checked. I am writing this review a few years post stay, but from memory, the only thing i can pin point as a bit of a dampener was the ants in the room. This was reoprted to the hotel reception but no room change was offered, some ant repellant was put out but the ants continued. My husband and i had to pull the bed off the wall to make sure they didnt crawl over the bed. Regardless, this didnt hinder our overall experience at this hotel too much and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in Phuket but don't want to be dealing with huge crowds and riff raff tourists and instead want some relaxation, comfort, luxury and amazing food on the beach - look no further. Indigo Pearl is the place to be!

We visited Indigo Pearl in February of this year with our infant son and two guests visiting from London. Everyone had a spectaluar time, and none of us wanted to leave!

As I said, we took our little guy here, but we went to the kids pool, which is nice so that he got to see other kids and we were nowhere near couples being able to quietly read a book and sip on some Singha without splashing children around. Yes, there are separate pools making it a great place no matter who you are traveling with.

OK - what you should know:
The STAFF - amazingly friendly and warm. Exactly what we love about living in and traveling around Thailand. Spectacular hosts and great with babies.
The ROOMS were just amazing (We stayed in the Premium Pearl Bed Suite). You may have read on other reviews that the hotel has a Tin Mine theme and it just works perfectly. It is a work of art, really. and we found it to be fine with our crawling baby, though nothing is kid-proof outside of your own home. The CLOSETS were quite large giving you a lot of space to leave things and change clothes. They also offered wonderful spa-esque products to use and buy. Some of the most desireable aromas out there in the Land of Spas (Thailand).
BED - amazing. So comfy.
The BALCONY was perfect with lovely day beds and areas to spread out. We loved it.
The BATHROOM was spacious and had wonderful products to offer.
The SERVICE was fantastic. We asked for a baby cot to be provided and they left a little gift bag with various baby items and toys to keep for our little guy. These little details made our stay so wonderful.
The SPA- Coccoon was a fabulous oasis, pure luxury and excellent care given.
The FOOD was amazing. We had breakfast included and they have quite a spread available - nobody will want for anything or go hungry here. Very well planned and full of flavors. We only ate breakfast there and maybe one lunch, otherwise we ate lunch by the pool or seaside.
SEASIDE - beautiful views and just a five minute walk down from the hotel areas (which by the way is worth it because the grounds of the hotel, the architecture and detail throughout should not be missed!) We recommend eating at the restaurants down there. We loved several of them - so check them out. They, too, loved helping hold our little one while we ate.
BRUNCH - Do NOT miss this. I think it is quite possibly the best brunch we have had in Thailand. And we have gone to several 5 star brunches in Bangkok alone.
TRAVEL - finally, this is nice and close to the airport, but not too close to ever having to hear planes coming and going.

I think this is the ultimate place to go to Phuket. We had been putting it off for quite a while but now we are thinking of returning just to see Indigo Pearl again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DBKoe
Karridale, Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have just returned from a fabulous week at Nai Yang beach, staying at the Indigo Pearl.
Our room was just fantastic- spacious and modern. The huge day bed on our patio was a real bonus and was the perfect spot for our evening gin and tonics.
I must also mention the buffet breakfast which was so extensive and yummy.
We spent a lot of time at the adults only pool but the family pool also looked delightful..We were always able to get a banana lounge and really appreciated the little touches such as the cups of iced water and the little baskets of chopped up melon that were delivered to us as we lounged by the pool with our books.
The restaurants along the beach were fantastic , especially if you like seafood. We just loved the relaxed atmosphere.
I would certainly recommend this beach and this hotel for people who want a relaxing holiday .

Room Tip: If you want an extra large el fresco area, you should ask for a ground floor premium pearl suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian C
cvguru
Reviewed October 13, 2012

After staying at Layana Resort & Spa in Koh Lanta we'd become accustomed to exemplary service and expected the same quality and treatment at Indigo Pearl but were sadly let down.
It was ironic as Layana had recommended the hotel to us for our last night in Thailand on the way back home.

On arrival at Indigo Pearl, first impression is that of a grand looking hotel but if you look beyond the facade, it certainly does not deserve its 5 star billing.

The least you expect of any hotel, and certainly a 5 star, is cleanliness but on a cursory inspection of the room on arrival, a huge clump of hair was found on the shower wall right underneath the towels. There was also badly stained bedding. After calling reception 3 times to clean the room they eventually did, but still failed to spot the clump of hair which was still there the next morning.

The only way we remedied the situation was to actually ask the manager to come to the room and see for herself. To her credit, Judy was incredibly nice, sympathetic and seemed genuinely embarrassed and sorted the situation quickly offering us an extension to our checkout time and a free transfer to the airport.

Eating at the hotel can be very expensive, £100 for a simple meal for two is quite expensive for anywhere but in Thailand it's a king's ransom, so avoid it as several restaurants can be found just outside next to the beach, just as good but for a fraction of the cost.

One night's stay at this hotel is more than enough and I can't believe that people spend their whole holiday here. It's 'tin mine' theme gets a bit much after a while. I mean cutlery that's shaped like spanners, do me a favour! I don't need to tighten the wheel nuts on me car while eating me breakfast.

The only saving grace for this place was the manager of the Rivet Grill, Poo (pronounced Boo) who was an absolute charmer and tremendously helpful, as well as being stunningly beautiful. The two points I've given the hotel are mainly because of her.

The Inidigo Pearl is very grand, but also very pretentious and an impenetrable maze that takes a fortnight to work out how to get out of the place. Fortunately we found the exit just in time and won't be stepping back through the looking glass again in a hurry - maybe to see Poo again it might be worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cvguru
ExecOffice, Management at The Slate, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Cvguru,

Thank you for your feedback and the appreciation our staff and service. Sad to note the design of the resort (our trademark) was not to your liking, hope your expectations are met for your future travels. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nai Yang
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to The Slate? Share your experiences!