All reviewsdoor stepvery pleasant staylow seasonbungalowwifitaximamaairportbahtaccommodationphuketantsmassage
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I originally booked this hotel based on the reviews of other travellars comments on Trip Advisor and the first day I agreed with everything. It was a good location and not such a bad room.
However!!
Everyday somebody tried to go through my suitcase! From my past experience, I learnt to always lock my suitcase and position it as to know if somebody even tries to touch it.
But the last straw was when I declined having my room cleaned and after leaving the hotel for about 30 mins, I returned to find that once again someone had tried. I spoke to them about this, but the reply was "I don't understand"
Now I don't know who it was but you stay here at your own risk!

Room Tip: They are all the same
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Kris_Pez
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We are a couple from Canada, traveling across Thailand. We booked this place last minute before taking the ferry to Phi Phi. First off, it's a 7 min drive from the airport. Which was WAAAY overpriced.

We arrived at around 21:30. We were greeted by a Thai women who worked at the office (half kitchen/office). She spoke very little English and was very pushy trying to get us to buy ferry tickets and book a taxi!! As usual so no surprise.

Rooms were very clean and modern looking. Bathroom was open concept and no walls around shower. Everything was wet.

The view was terrible. We were on first floor with 3 windows in our room, looking directly at brick walls.

At around 5 am we awoke to a loud song type doorbell which continued until we checked out at 10am. Also, the staffs children were playing and crying in the hallway which was annoying.

The place is VERY FAR from downtown, approximately 1 hour. However, the beach sand is leading to the hotel and plenty of beach chairs.

There were several, small bars, lining the streets. Small places with prostitutes in front and inside of the bars.

Overall, we were not happy with the location of the hotel and the fact the woman was telling us we had to book a taxi with her because she "got no commission" (yeah..)

When we left we were offered a taxi by the same lady behind the desk and we declined. We walked to the street and a taxi approached and another woman told us to get in. We said "no" and she told us the woman at the desk told her we ordered it.

TIP: take the bus in Phuket. We met another Canadian guy who lives there and he called the taxi services a Mafia and way overpriced. We walked to the airport road (10 min walk) and in 10 seconds we had plenty of taxi offers. We paid 300 baht to the Rassada ferry!!!

The woman at the hotel offered us a great price of 1,000 baht for both .... No commission?

Adam

-Canada-

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Adam S
Reviewed October 11, 2012

A wonderful family-run inn on a beautiful stretch of quiet beach very conveniently located to the Phuket airport (by convenient, I mean I was door to door in under 10 minutes!) but without any airport noise due to the flightpath not being overhead. Miao (i apologize, since I'm sure I mangled the spelling of her name) was just so sweet, and the most fantastic hostess, it was like staying with a friend at her beach home. There are plenty of things to do in the area (AquaOne on the corner are a great bunch of folks and can help with doing anything in the water, and the Naiyang coffee shop across from them is great!) but also secluded enough that if you just want to enjoy a few days of relaxing downtime, it's perfect for that too. I'd definitely recommend TT Naiyang, and hope I can return at some point

Room Tip: First room at the top of the stairs has a nice view of the sea and catches the breeze
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ksmonds
Reviewed June 25, 2012

HI! We are an American/UK couple that lives in Singapore. We have stayed in Naiyang 3 times, twice at expensive hotels, and once at TT Naiyang late June 2012. Wish we had stayed at TT everytime!! Found it one weekend after being feed up with our $200 a night hotel room that was full of mozzies, power outages, and poor service with getting the room power back on so we walked around and looked at rooms at some of the smaller family owned places.

TT Naiyang is right on the beach and best price you will find for how clean, comfortable, and new the rooms are! No its not a resort with a pool and fancy restuarant but for what we paid it fits the bill perfect. The rooms are acutally enclosed from the outside so we felt safe and also mozzies dont fly in everytime you open your room door. We had three rooms for our family and paid about $40 Singapore Dollars a night for each room and also got late checkout at 6pm! We booked online direct to the hotel and seemed to have gotten a good deal as it is now the low season in Thailand. The other places we stayed were a long walk to the beach... yes they had a pool but we never used them so why are we paying $150-$200 a night for an old out dated room at other places.

TT Naiyang is the best place to stay hands down! Ignore the bad reviews or photos, some people just love to complain! Everyone in our group was well pleased of what we picked and even got a business card for if the come back. Plus you cant beat the 5 min drive from the airport to Naiyang! Hands down our fav place in Phuket for a mini weekend get away out of Singapore.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are ocean view or anything... room 8 is the largest room with some space if you have a little one with you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bella2009UK
Reviewed May 14, 2012

TT is in an amazing location, right on the beachfront of Nai Yang beach. It and the rooms are very clean and serviceable.

We mostly chose this location because it is close to the airport and after a bit of explanation they allowed us to check out late in the evening for 100BHT an hour over the ordinary check out time of 1200. This was great for us.

The Beach View room does have views of the beach but aren't as expansive as we were hoping, given the location. This is because the staircase is in the front of the building, so the two small windows of the beach view room look out onto the beach via the staircase. It wasn't a huge problem, the place was quiet but it wasn't what we were expecting.

Still, it's great value for money and very clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple