“The chicken satay is a clear winner!!”

Phen's Restaurant Bar & Coffee
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Nai Yang
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "Here 'Phen' is cooking especially for you." The see beach restaurant located on beautifull quiet beach, the name called Naiyang Beach. Have a good meal with willing service while listening to music of wave and wind. Take your time at our restaurant for enjoy eating,drinking and relaxing every day. Food Style :BarbequeBurgersFast FoodItalianPizzaSandwichesSeafoodThaiOpening : Every day
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This place became our lunchtime regular whilst staying at the extremely close Indigo Pearl resort.

It's on the beach with views of the bay and it almost feel like the Andaman Sea laps up to your feet whilst dining here.

The food is great, the chicken satay is a must try. Moist chicken breast with satay sauce, what more could you ask for. The Som Tum (Papaya Salad) was tasty and had a good balance of spice. The steamed mussels "Thai Style" are delicious as is the Gang Panang.

This place is a gem and I highly recommend a visit.

2  Thank UpInTheAir_10
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went here for dinner because of its high tripadvisor rating. We have since been to several other restaurants along this strip of beach and are a bit surprised that this restaurant is ranked so highly compared to the other great restaurants on offer in the area.

The location on the beachfront is great, but similar to other restaurants in the area. The setting is particular ambient in the evening when the rubbish on the beach isn't as clearly visible. We went on a Saturday night and there was a guy selling fireworks and lanterns on the beach. It was a nice experience to see the fireworks released as we had our meal.

Apart from the banana fritters and icecream we really didn't rate the food. That was our first massaman curry in Thailand and didn't quite hit the spot. It wasn't very tasty and the peanuts used were not flavoursome.

The setup of the restaurant is nice, but again other restaurants in the area have better setups. This restaurant uses plastic chairs.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Fantastic location , great service and good food at a reasonable price with a menu that has all the Thai classics plus plenty of options for those who want western food and kids who just want a burger or just a bowl of chips!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

It's hard when you have to eat gluten free in a foreign country. There are two likely scenarios...one is that the staff will not fully understand and end up making me sick, the other is they will be so concerned they won't add any sort of seasoning or flavoring and turn out really bland food. On the first night we ate at Phen's I showed our waiter, O, a Thai translation, he then communicated this to the chef. The great thing was I never got sick once (we ended up eating there about 6 times) and the food was always tasty. After the first night O remembered me and always made sure my dish was ok for me. My husband really enjoyed the deep fried prawns, club sandwich and egg fried rice (not on the menu, just ask). I tried the glass noodle salad with shrimp, stir fried vegetables with garlic, steamed fish fillet loaded with garlic and chilli (divine), the best dish I only discovered on my last day - spicy papaya and shrimp salad. What really impressed us too was when we both ordered egg fried rice mine was quite different to my husband's in taste so they really knew what they were doing and did well not to mix them up. The staff are all lovely and the place is as clean as a beach restaurant can be. It's a credit to the owner how they have built up this business as when we first came to Nai Yang 5 years ago hardly anyone ate here and there wasn't even much of a kitchen. Now it's one of the most popular on the beach. Thanks O for looking after me and making sure I didn't get sick!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Another good value beach food restauant, consistantly fresh food. Quick service & reasonably priced. It's kept as clean as a beach place can be kept.

1  Thank netteTasmania