“Excellent beach food”

Phen's Restaurant Bar & Coffee
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Nai Yang
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Here 'Phen' is cooking especially for you." The see beach restaurant located on beautifull quiet beach, the name called Naiyang Beach. Have a good meal with willing service while listening to music of wave and wind. Take your time at our restaurant for enjoy eating,drinking and relaxing every day. Food Style :BarbequeBurgersFast FoodItalianPizzaSandwichesSeafoodThaiOpening : Every day
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It's hard when you have to eat gluten free in a foreign country. There are two likely scenarios...one is that the staff will not fully understand and end up making me sick, the other is they will be so concerned they won't add any sort of seasoning or flavoring and turn out really bland food. On the first night we ate at Phen's I showed our waiter, O, a Thai translation, he then communicated this to the chef. The great thing was I never got sick once (we ended up eating there about 6 times) and the food was always tasty. After the first night O remembered me and always made sure my dish was ok for me. My husband really enjoyed the deep fried prawns, club sandwich and egg fried rice (not on the menu, just ask). I tried the glass noodle salad with shrimp, stir fried vegetables with garlic, steamed fish fillet loaded with garlic and chilli (divine), the best dish I only discovered on my last day - spicy papaya and shrimp salad. What really impressed us too was when we both ordered egg fried rice mine was quite different to my husband's in taste so they really knew what they were doing and did well not to mix them up. The staff are all lovely and the place is as clean as a beach restaurant can be. It's a credit to the owner how they have built up this business as when we first came to Nai Yang 5 years ago hardly anyone ate here and there wasn't even much of a kitchen. Now it's one of the most popular on the beach. Thanks O for looking after me and making sure I didn't get sick!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Another good value beach food restauant, consistantly fresh food. Quick service & reasonably priced. It's kept as clean as a beach place can be kept.

1  Thank netteTasmania
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Phen's is a great restaurant in a great location. We ate their twice on a our trip to Phuket. The food is great, the ambiance on the beach is better. You cannot get a more picturesque place to have dinner. Sitting 3-4 metres from the sea under candlelight is the perfect setting. The food is fantastic, I had seafood 2 nights in a row. The first time was a whole fish, which was sensational and the second was prawns in Sweet and Sour sauce. Both were fantastic. My wife had a masmann curry and the whole fish. She loved both. Drinks are in-expensive, cocktails 150 bht and large Chang beers 100bht. Food is well cooked.
The setting is to die for.
Great place in a great location.
Do yourself a favour and eat here. The village and the restaurant don't look much, but looks can be deceiving

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We recently spent a month at Pensiri Guesthouse whilst volunteering at SoiDog and chilling out in Nai Yang, the rooms are clean, basic and fantastic value, especially the two with balconies at the front, as you can sit and watch the world go by whilst having a cold beer. If not then your only a 5 min walk from the beach and restaurants.

When staying at Pensiri you get a 10% discount at Phens restaurant, the food is great and good value but unfortunately the beer is expensive, however the 10% does help when getting the best out of your Baht.

The taxi Mafia have a strong hold in Nai Yang, you can get a value taxi in, but leaving is a different matter, there are ways around it, such as walking to the main road (300 metres) and hailing a Taxi-meter, or use the local airport bus from the top of the road to get around. It is very much to Phuket's detriment that this tired tourist rip-off is allowed to continue, its about time the authorities dealt with this properly instead of just spouting hot air.

One of the more pleasant areas in Phuket.

1  Thank IceTcrew
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

A very lovely place, food came out very quickly which was a bit worrying.. Ordered to pineapple fried rice, which is served in a pineapple, I was great but the pineapple it's self had ants crawling over it which was a let down. Towards the end of the evening there was a power out but no one informed us as we were sitting on the beach and just thought it was "mood lighting"
It would of been nice to have a heads up.. But yeah all in all great restraunt