My fiance and I stayed at L'Esprit de Naiyang's Garden Villa from 26th February to 2nd March 2013.
The boutique resort is tucked away from all the hustle and bustle of Phuket. First impression; convenient as it is only 10 minutes drive from the airport, looks modern and fresh, friendly reception who speaks adequate english.
Room: Surrounded by glass doors which you can cover up with curtains for privacy. Very spacious; a living room-- where the mini bar, television (DVD player included), big comfy couches are. It opens up to a small sun deck (which was very dirty when we came but you can get the houskeeping to clean it up. We did it ourselves). And a separate bedroom with king size bed. The bathroom area is an open concept so be sure to close the door connecting the bathroom and the bedroom so that you do not get bugs in the room. There are lots of mosquitoes around but I think you can get mosquito coils from the reception. The mosquitoes did not bother us much. There is a window in the toilet, facing the back of the resort (which looks like a forest), and sometimes the resort workers rest there, but it was not a bother.
There is also a small plunge pool which can be accessed from the bathroom and the living room, however, sadly, it was poorly maintained.
Restaurant: The buffet breakfast did not have much of a variety but the food was reasonable. There was an egg station too. The restaurant served over-priced food that tastes delicious though. You are not allowed to smoke while seated at the restaurant.
Beach access: The resort and the beach are separated by a small canal. However, there is a raft service which allows guest to cross over and it operates from 8am to 10pm (You can arrange with the reception if you need to go over to the beach area ealier, as we did for our diving trip). About 5 minutes walk through a quiet park, to Naiyang beach and the hustle and bustle tourist area; where you can find, provision shops, souvenir shops, restaurants, bars, tour companies, motorbike rental, money changer, dive shops and lots more.
Services: There is a complimentary DVD rental for days/nights you feel like staying in. Motorbike rental service is charged at 350THB/day, which is 50THB more expensive as compared to the tourist area. However, we preferred renting from the resort as they do not require us to leave our passports with them.
We made arrangements, one day earlier, for massages in our room on one of those days but we were informed at the last minute that they had no masseuse to attend to us so we had to postpone it. Then when we arranged again, at the last minute, we were informed that they can only provide us with 1 masseuse as the rest were not available. So we took turns doing our massage.
As for our pick-up to the airport, we made arrangements with the front desk for the taxi to fetch us at 12pm but was informed that the taxi was arranged at 2pm instead. But the front desk reception settled it immediately.
Overall it was a pleasant stay as the place is so peaceful and the staff are friendly and helpful. But if you are more into the night life and prefer the lively-ness of tourists' areas, I would suggest staying at Patong or Kata Beach. Because it took us about 50 minutes on motorbike to get to those areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'esprit de Naiyang, Phuket Resort is a charming phuket resort consisting of 15 pool-access villas, 10 garden villas, 5 private pool villa, 15 deluxe rooms and 1 family dluxe accommodations. L'esprit de Naiyang is dramatically located at peaceful Naiyang beach of Phuket, a white sand rimmed with green pines of Sirinat Marine National Park. It takes just 10 minute from Phuket International airport and takes 35 min to Central of Phuket. L'esprit de Phuket offers an intimate, private comfortable accommodation. It is a perfect destination for a romantic getaway, family vacation, or just to take relaxation retreat from your busy world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your L'esprit de Naiyang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Esprit De Naiyang Hotel Thalang
- L'Esprit De Naiyang Resort Phuket/Nai Yang