“Great Location”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Nai Yang
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here during the Christmas holiday. Loved the location. It borders a national park with beautiful tall trees and a clean empty beach. It's 5-10 minute walk from the shops at Naiyang beach so it's very convenient to find food and massage. A small river separates the hotel from the beach and the hotel provides a manned raft for guests to cross. Quite novel and enjoyable. Only problem is it only runs to 8pm so when we went out for dinner at the beach we had to call for a van to bring us back -- an unnecessary expense. The hotel should just make the river crossing available till 10 or 11pm.

The hotel itself is quite nice. It has a beautiful setting surrounded by hills and lush. The pools are big and wonderful for lap swimming. We stayed in one of the outer villas. We had a lot of bugs and mosquitoes, especially in the bathroom area that is semi-open. Our sink had a leak on the first day. Each time we turned on water, the floor got wet. We called the front desk three times (over a 24 hour period) before they finally sent someone to come and fix it.

One annoying problem with being far away from the main building is that we couldn't get much wifi coverage in the room. They really should fix this. Every room in the property should have good wifi coverage.

Breakfast is average. Fairly limited selection that doesn't vary much day to day. We stayed for 4 nights and only 2 items changed daily.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PrivU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We only stayed at L'esprit de Naiyang for one night as our flight arrived in the evening. L'esprit arranged a taxi to pick us up from the airport and check-in was quick. We had a room in the main building - which is much larger than I expected.

We weren't hungry as we'd been fed on the plane but we had a couple of drinks by the poolside bar. The grounds of the hotel are very well maintained and the staff were all v friendly. Breakfast was good - heaps of choice - european and asian food on offer.

Our room was clean and a good size. V comfortable bed. The bathroom is separated from the bedroom by a window with a gauzy curtain which horrified my teenage son who was travelling with us! My husband and I went exploring in the morning before breakfast to allow him some privacy to shower.

The area where the hotel is situated is beautiful - national forest and then the beach - we had a wander around Nai Yang before checking out. It's really nice - small but plenty of restaurants and bars.

We would definitely stay at L'esprit again - especially if we were meeting friends coming in on different flights.

Room Tip: Although our room was nice, the poolside villas looked beautiful and we'd probably stay in one o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank lulu210
Richmond upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was an absolutely fantastic place for me to stay on my last night in Thailand. The hotel is beautiful, well looked after with a gym and swimming pool. My booking company messed up the date of my booking but the staff were very sympathetic and allowed me to change to the day I arrived rather than the date they had on the system at no additional charge or fuss. The best thing about my stay though was the 2 minute walk to the most beautiful beach I saw on the whole of my trip which included long beach in Phi Phi. After crossing a small river on a raft which the hotel operate all day, you emerge onto a white sandy beach which goes on for about 1 km and had a total of about 10 people on it. Your own slice of paradise you could say. The water was the cleanest of any of the beaches I visited on the whole of my trip and was clear and full of fish right from the beach onwards. This place would be perfect as a romantic retreat and if I ever go back with a partner to Phuket this would definitely be at the top of my places to visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank William S
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here. Staffs were so Friendly and Helpful. We were so touched by their great Services. Room was very spacious felt very happy. Bathroom is very huge and very nice. Pool is GREAT and well maintained. This place is away from the busy City. Get help from the friendly Receptionist if need to book cab to go shoppings and other activities. Airport is just 10 mins from Hotel. My wife and I will come back here again. Overall we miss really miss the staffs and our beautiful Room!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dass s
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 15, 2012

After reading all the overly positive reviews on TA, I was quite disappointed. I guess you really do get what you paid for. At a nominal 68 USD per night, we used this hotel luckily only as a 1 night stop-over before bigger and better things.

The best thing about this hotel is its' location to the airport. After arriving at 11:30pm, it was only a 10 minute taxi ride. We pulled up to the front entrance which looks like its in the middle of no where, and everything was pitch black. There was no hotel staff to greet us until we yelled out HELLO a couple times. The rooms were probably recently renovated but still appeared worn down. Nothing fancy just all white walls, white floor and a reasonable attempt at making it look modern. But it was clean as everyone has repeatedly stated, so they have that going for them. The hot water did not work properly so the shower was only very hot or very cold in our room.

The service is average. Some of the staff do not speak English and have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. The night manager was kind enough to re-open the kitchen for us and cook us dinner which was very nice of her. One of the staff when showing us to our room found out that the batteries in our flashlight were dead, and instead of changing them he just said "You don't need this right?". The buffet breakfast in the morning is very average as well.

Naiyang beach was quite nice. To get there you had to take the homemade ferry across this 20 foot stream. I don't understand why they don't just build a little bridge. Its tiny, I can almost jump it.

So to sum it up.... Average, average, average, but the pool and the pool villa looks quite nice. Unless you intend to spend your entire trip sitting outside your pool villa, you really don't want to spend more than 1 or 2 nights here.

Room Tip: Looks like you need to get a Pool Villa if you want to even consider having a good time. But for th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank superwang
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for 4 nights and it was amazing - I even cry leaving that hotel because I know i will miss this beauty- me and my wife stayed in the ocean villa and it was such amazing experience on the pool side - the nature - the swimming pool - the staff and the most amazing thing that I'll never forget the romantic dinner on the beach was such amazing experience that I will do it over and over again if i got the chance to -thanks L'Esprit de Naiyang for bringing me to life - the respectable massage service - the smile of staff - the friendly people around you from the security guard to guy on the river - everyone was helpful - thanks even for the nice songs from the iPad they play during that special dinner - If there is any word more than amazing please let me know it ;) - only 2 things and it will be improved by time - the curtain between the bed room and bathroom it should be one - but why I will sleep late and not to enjoy the nature :) - and the tv channels also need to be improved - at least one music channel - but over all experience is such a wonderful dream don't want to wake up from - thanks again

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sammohi
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here when a friend treated me for a couple of nights last November. The room we had was nice, separate lounge area very handy. The outdoor bathroom was novel but a bit impractical- would have better to have an internal one with aircon. The hotel is lovely and quiet and perfect for chilling out and getting away from it all. There is a somewhat novel "ferry" that takes you to the beach- be warned this stops running pretty early in the evening . Otherwise it is an expensive taxi ride "round the houses" for a very short distance! Naiyang is a lovely quiet resort. The breakfast was a bit bland. Great little beach bars and eateries and I would definitely go back there again. As to going back to L'esprit I'm not sure. If possible get a good deal at the Indigo Pearl.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Maya Phuket Hotel
Maya Phuket Hotel
#8 of 9 in Nai Yang
Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort

Been to L'esprit de Naiyang Resort? Share your experiences!