“Ok.”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Nai Yang
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Ok.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here when a friend treated me for a couple of nights last November. The room we had was nice, separate lounge area very handy. The outdoor bathroom was novel but a bit impractical- would have better to have an internal one with aircon. The hotel is lovely and quiet and perfect for chilling out and getting away from it all. There is a somewhat novel "ferry" that takes you to the beach- be warned this stops running pretty early in the evening . Otherwise it is an expensive taxi ride "round the houses" for a very short distance! Naiyang is a lovely quiet resort. The breakfast was a bit bland. Great little beach bars and eateries and I would definitely go back there again. As to going back to L'esprit I'm not sure. If possible get a good deal at the Indigo Pearl.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank horsforthhe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I must say I was very impressed with the hotel and staff. I do not normally wrote reviews however had such a great experience I just had too :)

Yes the place is quiet and expensive compared to places on the beach to eat and drink but its a hotel which needs to make money and had good quality food on offer.

The staff couldn't do enough and this is what makes the place truly.

The rooms were clean and spotless. It was a great relaxing 4 days and would definitely go again.

Room Tip: There were lovely villas that had an outdoor terrace to jump right into the amazing pool - highly re...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel at the absolute last-minute (amidst boarding the Phuket-bound flight). We required one night of accommodation since we were staying elsewhere for the week and we landed in Phuket around 2 am.

We were given a one-bedroom suite bungalow which was a great surprise and a wonderful value for the money. We didn't have a chance to observe the hotel at night but we had a great stay the following day before checking out. We had a great breakfast that was included in the rate. It was served a la carte and the quality of the food was superb (to such a degree that I wondered whether we needed to pay extra). The service by the staff was impeccable.

This also applies to the pool's swim-up bar. The pool looks wonderful. It was a little small but the ledges from the adjoining bungalows were such a great feature that you can overlook its size.

I think this would be great for families and couples. I don't think it suits solo travellers especially during Phuket's shoulder season which is when we went.

Another great feature is its location. It is in Naiyang beach and a few minutes away from a commercial strip full of bars, restaurants and stores. The beach is busy with watersports but during the time we were there seemed balanced enough for swimmers to enjoy the water. I can only imagine how busy it would get during peak season.

The only criticism I can think of are the ants in the room. Again, we went during shoulder season so I don't think our room was occupied frequently. We had some soup in the room during the night and though everything was put or thrown away, we found ants on the coffee table the following day. I realize it's Asia and didn't think it was a big deal... just a minor nuisance.

I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank B82
Castlemaine
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I am still kicking myself for booking this hotel. The first room I was show had a noisy air conditioner located on the balcony outside. I was forced to do an upgrade which was a larger 2 room villa with an outside bathroom with toilet, shower and larger bath (not air conditioned). The bathroom was not private and people outside could see inside to the shower area and the toilet area. When it rain the hand basin area got wet. I can not understand why anyone would design something like this.
The breakfast was just average and table service was provided, probably because there was not enough guest to run the buffet breakfas.
Pros: The air conditioning inside was very good, the TV was good. Very peaceful, maybe due to the lack of guest.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Large pool and lots of decking for sun baking etc. Swim up bar.
To get to the beach and main shopping strip, one must cross the river by punt which the hotel operates between 10am and 10pm. Its about 5 minutes walk after that.
After checking in and looking around Naiyang beach, I really wished I had book a smaller hotel on the beach, however if a resort is what you want, and money is no object, this may be for you.

Room Tip: Inspect the resort before you book.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank YakNgi
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This property has it all - fantastic staff that cannot do enough for you, beautiful villas, great pool, excellent location.... it is nestled amongst the mountains and feels so lovely and secluded, yet you are only a 5 minute walk from the heart of Nai Yang. I urge you to go the extra and get a villa - we had a "Green" villa which was so luxurious. We felt like rock stars living it up at the end of our trip! The food is great and not too overpriced - it is more expensive that eating in town but they will deliver it to your room if you like! The pool bar makes a mean cocktail too!
I read some people's concerns with the method of crossing the river to get to town (currently a raft pulled by a staff member for you) but I don't see the issue - this is not a party town so you're unlikely to stay out that late and if you are, you can get a tuk-tuk to go the long way round. It's a new resort so they are looking at options to change it but I really liked the raft!
I particularly liked the outdoor shower/bath area; the trees around the property give privacy and they are growing and planting more all around for an even more secluded feeling.
This was the best way to finish off our holiday - I'm just a little sad we only had 2 nights here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank FaerieLee
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

a great hotel! peace, warmth, comfort and friendly staff. the perfect place for a family holiday. is not there a noisy place. tasty food. WiFi is available throughout the territory. I fell in love with this place. vacationed here with my wife and daughter to the March 26, 2012 for 12 days. Boris, Nastya and small Olyushka. Russia, Moscow

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank thginbara
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Was there from 1 - 4 August and stayed at the pool villa. Could be due to off peak period, there was hardly any guests around on our first day. Pool that was shared by about 8 villas was clean, and just right outside doorstep. Problem is there is no closure time for the pool so can get a little noisy if neighbours decide to have some fun in the pool late at night. Room was spacious. Most of the time clean but there were a fair bit of ants. Outdoor toilet made us a little worried about security especially showering at night. Looks like we could be seen from outside. But bathtub was big and spacious. No need to worry about legs hanging outside as it is long enough for taller guests like me. :)

Location can be a bit too far from Patong. Takes about 45 mins to reach Patong, 30 mins to reach Central. Taxi charges at 1500 baht and 1300 baht respectively for round trips to these shopping areas. But if you wanna just laze around in the resort, across the mini river (which u need to cross with a raft) there is the Naiyang beach which in my opinion nothing too impressive. 10 mins walk from the river raft u will reach Naiyang village where there are lots of restaurants and bars and massage place. Minimarts too. Quite self-sufficient even if you do not feel like going all the way to Patong.

Service was good and attentive. Not too conversant in English though. Food in their restaurant was delicious but not much choice for breakfast.

Overall the place is great for some slacking holidayers to take a break from busy city area. A place i will definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2012
Proud Phuket Hotel
#5 of 9 in Nai Yang
Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach

Been to L'esprit de Naiyang Resort? Share your experiences!