I will try to keep this simple while also thoroughly explaining the many great things about this hotel:
General description: This a tranquil hotel in the midst of a relatively calm and quiet part of one of Thailands more beautiful islands. It is a spot where a lot of familes and couples come to relax and enjoy the peaceful setting. If this sounds like what you are looking for then keep reading for more details.
Location: Nai Yang beach is a truly beautiful place and the hotel is only about 100 yds from the water. A very short walk, and a few seconds spent on this really cool ferry that a really nice old Thai man pulls across the stream, and you are on the beach. The beach is clean, beautiful and mostly bereft of other people. If there was a sleepy beach town on the island of Phuket, then the area around Nai Yang beach would be that place. If you walk about 300 yds up the beach, there are restaurants, bars, shops, convenience stores, tailors, ATM's, massage parlors and several smaller places that are all designed to cater to travelers seeking a relaxed, but fun, experience. The hotel is definitely removed from the relatively light hustle and bustle of Nai Yang Beach but close enough that you can be in the thick of things by walking for less than 10 minutes.
The Hotel: The hotel is as beautiful as its pictures might lead you to believe. The pool in the middle of the hotel is always at a good temperature and has plenty of space for all of the other guests to be as loud or active as they want without disturbing those who want to just chill out on the beach chairs. The restaurant is in the part of the big building that directly faces the pool so it is a really nice scene to enjoy while you eat. The bar has direct access from both the pool and the walkways and they will bring your drink/food to any spot where you would like to set up shop.
The Room: We stayed in the Green Villa so that is all that I can speak to. It was a wonderful place to spend our time when we weren't swimming or on the beach. There is a living room area with a nice couch and a flat screen TV that has a limited but satisfying channel selection. There is a good wifi signal throughout the villa and a fridge that is stocked with various drinks that range in price from free to the equivalent of $2 US. The bedroom is through some glass french doors and is furnished with a lot of the furniture that you would expect in a hotel room. The bed is comfortable and clean and both rooms are air conditioned effectively. Through a sliding door is your bathroom. There is a nice tub, a doorless shower, a place to rinse sand from your feet, shoes or clothes and many of the common toiletries are provided for you. The sink is strangely visible from the walkway outside of the villa but tossing a towel over the wooden support beam easily remedies that situation.
The Service: This was probably the highlight of our time at this hotel. The staff from the managers down to the ferry-man were all extremely polite, friendly and helpful. The hotel is really new and has not generated the word of mouth that many larger hotels in the area have enjoyed. This means that the staff will bend over backwards to make most of the customers as happy and comfortable as they can. For example, my bank card was giving me trouble at the local ATM's and I was not able to withdraw any cash in the local area. A woman, I later found out she is a manager of the hotel, offered to drive us to a nearby department store that is well-stocked with banks that would be easier to work with. Then the hotel arranged for one of their employees to pick us up and bring us back to the hotel. This was free of any charge. Any time we had any questions, concerns or comments, the staff were always immediate and effective in their responses. Room service is a free part of staying at the hotel. The bartender, a guy named Ahf, was awesome. He made delicious drinks and was a generally good guy to chill with. The staff's English skills varied from person to person but what anyone ever lacked in communication abilities, they more than made up for with their efforts to help you. Housekeeping came everyday at the same time and did a very thorough job of cleaning and restocking your room. In short, they kind of make you forget that they are a business and not some family that you are staying with while in Thailand.
Food and Drinks: Delicious, Cheap and there was a great variety with plenty of room for special requests. Enough said.
Prices: The price is an excellent value and worth every penny to make the reservation. The food, drinks and extras were also quite cheap and the exchange rate greatly benefits American, European, Australian, Canadian and Russian customers. One piece of advice: do not make a big scene over small charges. The mosquito net is 100 baht ($3 US) and is well worth this tiny investment. They give you so much more than you feel like you paid for and Thai's really appreciate when foreigners don't scream at them over what they know is a small amount of money for us. I watched some people try to haggle the price of a beach chair on Ko Phi Phi down from 150 baht to 100 baht. This is a difference of less than $2 and only serves to make your situation more unpleasant. In a place like this, you will get far more out of kindness and generosity than out of shrewdness and penny pinching. Also, the staff at the hotel are hard workers and genuinely want you to enjoy your time so if you do have any problems, politely asking for them to fix it is all that is necessary. They won't give you any backtalk, no rudeness and will fix anything that they can as soon as possible. Again, it pays much more to be kind than to make a big scene in the hopes that you will get what you want quicker. That approach will often have the opposite effect, whether in the moment or on lost future opportunities to experience some of the service that goes over and above.
Cons: Though this was a generally excellent place for us to have stayed for the week, it is still a brand new hotel and has some kinks that it is working out. No one told us that there was a very cheap mosquito net that would have kept us relatively free of bites. As it was, even in the dry season, I was bitten at least 50 times in the week that I stayed. It's partly my fault for not saying anything but it would have been nice to have been told about it. Secondly, the ferry-man stops running his service at around 8 pm which means that the only way to get back to the hotel from the beach town is to take a taxi. They are cheap but it is definitely more of a hassle than just walking back.
1.Budget enough money to satisfy your whimsical activities. The prices are generally cheap for anything ($6 for a dinner entree or $75 for an all day tour of Ko Phi Phi) but there are a lot of really fun things that you can do or try and they all have a cost. I enjoyed drinking cocktails on the beach and eating delicious seafood salads, but that is just me.
2. As I have said numerous times in this review, Thais in general and, more specifically, this hotel's staff respond quicker, with more enthusiasm and with lasting appreciation to kindness, patience and generosity. They will treat you like a trusted friend if they can tell that you are a decent person. If you try to haggle every price, complain too often about too much or just act in a disrespectful way, then you will still have a good time here and they will still do their jobs. However, you will miss out on one of the coolest parts of the experience of being in Thailand.
3. Just relax and enjoy yourself. This a great place to use as a home base for further exploration of the island. Phuket City and Patong beach are both about 1 hour away and if you want the wild side of Thailand, those are the places to go. If you want to enjoy some peace and quiet time with your family, significant other or alone, then this is a great place to stay and will more than fulfill your expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'esprit de Naiyang, Phuket Resort is a charming phuket resort consisting of 15 pool-access villas, 10 garden villas, 5 private pool villa, 15 deluxe rooms and 1 family dluxe accommodations. L'esprit de Naiyang is dramatically located at peaceful Naiyang beach of Phuket, a white sand rimmed with green pines of Sirinat Marine National Park. It takes just 10 minute from Phuket International airport and takes 35 min to Central of Phuket. L'esprit de Phuket offers an intimate, private comfortable accommodation. It is a perfect destination for a romantic getaway, family vacation, or just to take relaxation retreat from your busy world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your L'esprit de Naiyang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Esprit De Naiyang Hotel Thalang
- L'Esprit De Naiyang Resort Phuket/Nai Yang