Stayed for 1 night & needed hotel close to the airport. When we checked in the receptionist was very pleasant & helped us change rooms (from twin bed to double). She gave us the scripted spiel about the mini bar, beach towels, check out time, how to cross the moat to the beach & what to do if we got stuck after 7pm. Apparently we had to call the hotel but she check to see if we had the tel no - no worries, we made sure we didn't get stranded.
Our room was very clinical & white (found couple of cobwebs in bathroom). Oddly there's a massive window that separates the bathroom & bedroom only a sheer curtain to separate the two rooms therefore no privacy from the toilet (if you know what I mean!!) Talking about the bathroom, NO HOT WATER in the morning.
Food - we decided to have our evening meal at the hotel. Explained to the HEAD waiter we were both vegetarian & didn't eat MEAT, FISH or EGGS. He showed us the menu without any suggestions/recommendations & after 15mins while he was standing in the corner doing nothing, we asked him to take our order. Instead of making any suggestions/recommendations, he asked US what we wanted. Suffice to say when we eventually got our meal, it wasn't good - we asked for a small bowl of extra chilli & it came with FISH SAUCE The menu was ideal if you ate meat or fish. Including 2 beers & 1 starter the meal came to bht 1600 (approx £32) including 10% service charge & 7% tax. We complained about the service charge as the service/food wasn't good - the service charge should be optional. The head waiter was extremely confrontational & slightly verbally aggressive explaining that the service charge isn't optional & we shd pay/according to him he supported us with organising our meal - yes that might be true but it was tasteless, devoid of any flavour & WE had to suggest the contents of our meal. While we were eating, he didn't even as us if everything was okay with our meal. We asked to see the manager(s) but at 10pm we were told that they weren't available until the morning.
Poor selection of channels on tv but dvd player provided in room with few dvd's to borrow from
Excellent swimming pool & peaceful location only 10min drive from the airport. Charging bht 400 (APPROX £8) for the transfer to the airport is a complete RIP OFF. The receptionists were rather sweet when we asked if we could share a taxi with other guests who were leaving at the same time. Unfortunately no one was leaving at the same time as we were.
Trying to ask about pool showers from the barman was hard work. Unfortunately I don't spk Thai & the barman doesn't have a good command of English. He had no idea what I was saying. Similarly when I asked the receptionist if she could recommend a local day spa she suddenly started to talk to me about the taxi transfer charge to the airport (????)
The hotel advertises that they have a gym & spa. The gym consists of 3 pieces of equipment.Hand weights, weight machine & cross trainer in a very small room. The spa is an empty clinical room with 2 showers.
There are some members of staff who are extremely pleasant/hard working (a couple of receptionists, staff at the moat & breakfast waitress). Overall I felt the staff were very inexperienced & the food was overpriced.
This hotel has potential but there is A LOT of work to do. Note to management staff at the hotel - it's not about trying to get as much money from the guests as possible - it's about customer service. The guest needs to feel that they have enjoyed their stay whilst feeling relaxed (especially if they have come to the end of their hols). They need to leave thinking that they'll one day return to that hotel - unfortunately because of our awful experience, WE WILL NOT BE returning to L'esprit de Naiyang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'esprit de Naiyang, Phuket Resort is a charming phuket resort consisting of 15 pool-access villas, 10 garden villas, 5 private pool villa, 15 deluxe rooms and 1 family dluxe accommodations. L'esprit de Naiyang is dramatically located at peaceful Naiyang beach of Phuket, a white sand rimmed with green pines of Sirinat Marine National Park. It takes just 10 minute from Phuket International airport and takes 35 min to Central of Phuket. L'esprit de Phuket offers an intimate, private comfortable accommodation. It is a perfect destination for a romantic getaway, family vacation, or just to take relaxation retreat from your busy world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'esprit de Naiyang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Esprit De Naiyang Hotel Thalang
- L'Esprit De Naiyang Resort Phuket/Nai Yang