We stayed at the Dewa in January, just for one night. It's a decent enough hotel, but is let down by a disappointing attitude. It was fine, convenient, but we won't be going back.
Pro's: Close to the airport. We stayed here having landed and needing somewhere close by. Our apartment was nice - spacious, air-conditioned, equipped with a full kitchen and a balcony. Overlooking the pool. Pool (and gym) were both good, as was our evening meal. The beach is just across the road.
Cons: The promised airport transfer did not turn up until we called. Frustrating waiting in the heat with a pregnant wife. The bathrooms in the rooms have a small glass shelf with cermanic bottles of shower gel on them. One of these was knocked off, and - unsurprisingly - smashed. Why would you have something capable of smashing in a shower room?! Especially when the shelf is so small. Ridiculous. To rub salt into the wound, the hotel then charged us for breaking the bottle. I got the impression that this happened a lot. The money was irrelevant (I think the replacement cost was about £3), but the insistence that we cover this cost left a bitter taste in my mouth.
My final issue was with the check out: Despite several requests, we were unable to check out an hour late. My other half was having a spa treatment and so we asked if we could check out an hour late to accommodate the fact that she wouldn't be ready to leave until a bit later. We were told this wasn't possible, which meant after my swim I had to juggle bags, and shower in the shower below the pool (which did not smell pleasant). As above, this was one of many minor annoyances which whilst not spoiling the stay, mean that we won't be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Integrating both resort and residential living, Dewa Phuket with its 34 pool villas and 62 one and two bedroom residences,offers the perfect retreat for the discerning traveler seeking a tranquil, tropical beach holiday amidst true Thai hospitality. Complimentary hi-speed internet & wifi, 24 hours room service, kids room, fitness room, Spa, jacuzzi, laundry service, bakery, library, close proximity to Blue Canyon Golf Course, airport and marinas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewa Phuket Nai Yang
- Dewa Phuket Hotel Nai Yang
- Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach