“Wonderful Resort, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach

Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Nai Yang
Stockholm, Sweden
“Wonderful Resort, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

I was a bit unsure since Dewa had received both great reviews and less than great reviews. Personally, I could not be more pleased. The service is impeccable. The staff is abundant, constantly looking to see how they can make your stay better. The rooms are luxurious. We stayed in the Private pool villa which has the saem feel as Six Senses, if anyone has been there. Outdoor bathrooms with a big bathtub and private plunge pool (quite big, my 3-yr old did not want to leave it for the big pool) are a nice touch. I was not bothered by mosquitoes.

The restaurant holds a high quality throughout. I did not have a less than excellent meal once during my stay. The staff is flexible and provided cereal for my child 3 times per day since he currently will not eat anything but cereal:)

This is my 4th time to Phuket and we have stayed in mid-range to luxury hotels during all visits. Dewa holds a high standard and is comparable to the much more expensive JW Marriott Phuket that we stayed at last time.

I'd say the resort is more suited for romantic get aways or families with older children than for those traveling with toddlers. It is not due to any deficiency in the hotel (they have a playroom and available sitters) but simply because I'd much rather enjoy the hotel without a toddler:)

I hope my review was helpful and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tsfoxen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Rossendale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

On the final leg of our tour we booked in to the Dewa on hotels.com!! We paid 85 quid a night and were just looking forward to chill for the last 3 nights of our 2 week stay. Upon arrival we were shown to ur room....WOW - We had out own pool, outside bathroom and a lovely huge bed!!!! The hotel staff were great and helpful and breakfast was nice although limited....

The hotel hire bikes and canoes FOC

Outside of the hotel there is not a great deal to do!!! The restaurants are mainly on the beach and the nice restaurant is at the indigo pearl and is very very expensive!!!

Hotel lovely, pool lovely, make sure you have the Thai Tapas at the hotel restaurant!! It is great and very cheap!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pedroseal
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

This is my second stay in the Dewa, and I love it. The resort is beautifully maintained, the rooms large and well appointed. This time we stayed (2 adults, 2 children) in a two bedroom residence that could easily sleep 6. We stayed over Chinese New Year and Valentines and had a lovely meal in the restaurant, it was so nice to not be served the usual bufffet. The food is great, although you are only a 10 minute walk from the bars and restuarants to the south on Nai Yang beach. I really relaxing 4 night break, clean beach, walks in the nature reserve and the glimpse of a plane in the distance but nothing to complain about!!! The staff were very freindly and helpful, especially with our two children. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

thi slace was brilliant. spotless, stylish, very quiet ( don't come if you want the mayham of patong) perfect location (3 mins to pristine beach, 5 mins to bars/resturants of Nai Yang). we got a good web deal paying 100pounds a night but that felt worth it for pure luxury. we first stayed in the 1 bed residents which were fab, bright appartmetns, some with room terrace, all with balcony. But we also had one night in private villa - these are more expensive and ar elovely if you want privacy, but they are smaller than residence and in my view not as nice ( not as much natural light or great views ) we also got a late check out. the staff were great, breakfast was good but we ate teh tapas at evening and it was gross - i think the prawns were stale. probably the worst food of the trip. however there are lots of good places to eat nearby and shops to fill up your fridge. recommend for peace, quiet and romance. enjoy

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We stayed in Dewa for 5 nights in January in one of their one bedroom apartments. the apartments are very spacious with big living/dining area and fitted kitchenette. There are two pools and the hotel is short walk across the road from a very quiet Nai Yang beach, but near enough to walk 10-15 minutes to some beach restaurants and bars. We liked the breakfast and dining menu but he hotel management did say they have been having problems with the food and a new F& B manager takes over in February. We didnt try the spa. The staff were friendly and helpful and there is free wifi in the rooms and around the hotel.
We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

We had booked the Romance Package, together with the early bird deal, so got a really good deal.

The hotel is in the northern part of Nai Yang Beach, close to the sea. When we arrived we were greeted with some cold towels and fruit Juice. A little stressy feeling at receptiondesk when we arrived, But friendly.

We were then taken to our pool villa. I had E-mailed the hotel to secure a private villa. The one we were shown (128) was underneith the balconys of the residences that the hotel have, so people could stand on their balcony and see directly down on our pool. We asked for a change and after a little while we were shown to another villa. This one didn't have sunchairs. The third villa was perfect! (113) Private, had a much bigger garden plus sunchairs.

The shower and bathroom is outside, close to the pool. At first I was bothersome to take a shower outside but it was no problems, gave an exotic touch to it. The plungepool was infact bigger than I had imagined, I would guess 3.5x3.5 m. Not very deep, but cool, which was nice. The garden had newly planted palmtrees and bamboo to cover the possibilitys to see into the garden, quite effectivly.

The first night we were invited to a cocktailparty at the hotel, a nice mingle around. I must say that this resort is very nicely put together (if you get a private Villa that is). I really enjoyed lying in the pool at night, looking at the stars. The package we had chosen also included a in villa dinner and a set lunch at the restaurant. For the in dinner villa, no alcohol was offered but I 'm sure you could buy it if you wanted. Otherwise, the hotel had a 50 % discount from the minibar (!!), so it was almost as cheap as buying it yourself, a very nice touch!

But, the best of all. The SPA. I have stayed at many 5 * hotels like The Hilton or Le Meridien, but the massages I got here was out of this world! So professional and relaxing! We had one spa session incl, but booked more after that. The staff at the SPA were also very professional and friendly.

One thing for the hotel to work with is the poor english some of the saff speaks. For a 4* hotel you must be able to order chili in Thailand for instance. But I am so overwhelmed by this stay so I rate it a 5 due to the villa, which was very nicely decorated. Also, the cleanliness of the hotel is one of the best I've seen. Housekeeping was impeccable! I would gladly return to this fantastic hideaway! The Free WiFi was very much appreciated, never a problem!

If you are looking for a great beach, see to that you have a car (worth it, don't rent a scooter), go to the beach "next doors" Nai Thon beach (can't be reached by walking). fantastic beach, and water visibility was remarkably much better than Nai Yang, the atmosphere there is worth many visits!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

This hotel has only been open for a few months. We stayed in a two room appartment, weith kitchen and beautiful balcony. It is set away from the crowds, has bicycles to rent and the food is great. Sounds good? Think again... Whilst the staff if very pleasant, they have no concept of service. An order of lunch at he pool took an hour and a half to arrive. Their English is not up to scratch - you get a lot of blank stares - this despite the whole hotel being full of Europeans. We has to ask to be served at breakfast - ask for the menu, ask for coffee, ask for more coffee. Ask for twels at the pool, ask for the shop to be opened, ask for them to find the person who had the keys for the bicycles..... it was not a very relaxing holiday.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nai Yang
Nai Yang Beach Resort and Spa
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon B...
#17 of 92 in Thalang District
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 307 in Patong
4.5 of 5 stars 4,209 reviews

Been to Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach? Share your experiences!