We stayed here for 3 nights in June. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was much better equipped than we expected. It had dishes and utensils including washing detergent, a microwave, and a kettle for making tea/coffee. It would have been a great if it had a washing machine but I would settle for some laundry detergent instead.
The place has its quirks - for instance some of the doors don't shut completely because it isn't aligned with the opening. Wifi was free which was also unexpected. Some resorts in Phuket charge for it. The apartment was very roomy and comfortable. The resort seems to be well kept. There were some repairs and repainting going on while we were there.
Breakfast was included - there is a buffet with a small selection but a larger selection is available a la carte (included in the rate). Food in general was good. Some days it was too salty though.
We chose this place because of its proximity to the airport. After a 20 hour trip we didn't feel like having to drive an hour to Kata or even half an hour to 40 minutes to the laguna area. However this means that the location is a disadvantage if you want to get into Phuket town or go to other beaches.
Nai Yang beach itself is fairly nice. A lot of garbage gets washed up with the tide but this was the case when we were in Phuket a few years ago as well so it was pretty much part of our expectations. It hasn't gotten any better.
There is a small commercial cluster about 5 minutes walk to the left as you exit the resort to the beach. There are ATMs, minimarts, some souvenir shops and beach eating establishments that are typical of Phuket. Next door is a great restaurant. We also discovered a night market by chance one night down the main road into the resort.
It was quiet and peaceful when we were there since June is the low season. Despite being close to the airport we never heard any planes taking off or landing. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Integrating both resort and residential living, Dewa Phuket with its 34 pool villas and 62 one and two bedroom residences,offers the perfect retreat for the discerning traveler seeking a tranquil, tropical beach holiday amidst true Thai hospitality. Complimentary hi-speed internet & wifi, 24 hours room service, kids room, fitness room, Spa, jacuzzi, laundry service, bakery, library, close proximity to Blue Canyon Golf Course, airport and marinas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, ACCOR, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewa Phuket Nai Yang
- Dewa Phuket Hotel Nai Yang
- Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach