All reviews hot water the river batseri village approach road mr dileep chilly night adventure activities would love to visit again comfortable tents local guide definitely recommend this place amazing hospitality snow capped mountains delicious food beautiful location swiss tents himachal pradesh
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2019

Situated in the beautiful Baspa Valley Kinner Camps has so much to offer to a traveller wanting to explore the mountains. I visit this camp often and have fallen in love with Sangla Valley because of Kinner camps. Its a perfect place to relax, unwind and be in the lap of nature and stare at snow capped mountains. One of my favourite things when I am here is to listen to the sound of the Baspa River flowing on a walking distance of few minutes from the camp and sit by the river and read. One can walk to the charming Batseri village and see the Kinnauri village life and the apple orchards and farms and also walk to the Batseri glacier. My favourite time is to visit is during August - September when the buckwheat flowers bloom and the whole valley turns pink. To me the amazing people of Kinner Camps have introduced me to this magical place that is Kinnaur, filled with its mystery and mythology and very rich culture. The camp is run by a local family, Pradeep, Dilip and Birbal will make you feel at home in the mountains with their warmth and hospitality. They know their land very well and will help you to arrange day trips or camping trips in the region. A local guide from their team will always accompany you on the treks and provide knowledge and tell you stories about the place. Kinner Camps has something to offer to everyone. There are adventure activities for kids and adults, day treks to be done in the most beautiful mountains and meadows close by. There are very few places in India which are untouched like the Sangla Valley. To me the reason for travelling is to experience new things and learn about different culture and its people and I feel lucky to have found a place which makes you feel at home and makes you feel comfortable in the wild.
The food here is delicious and you will be pampered by giving a hot water bag to keep your feet warm on a cold night. I can only say, visit this heaven on earth and see for yourself. You won’t want to leave this magical place and would only want to return again and again.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2019

My Family travelled on 3rd June to 6 th June to Sangla and had booked Kinner camps as our staying option. The place was neat and clean, the tents were simple yet sufficed our need with attached washrooms, The dining 'Gol Ghar' was huge with a beautiful spread during all meals. The people here are very warm and cordial. It was just like a home away from Home.

Special Mention to Tulsi, Hukum and Dileep Negi for making our stay memorable.

We will definitely go back again.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2019

Beautiful place and welcomed by beautiful hearted people.dilipbhai is very humble person☺️we had good time trekking with prabhakar.tulsibhai served food with all hearts.
Great place
Great people
Great food

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Arriving into a landscape new to my senses had me gasping in awe all the way to this extremely special campsite, Kinner Camps.
I arrived at this camp that’s nestled amidst the sangala valley, misty mountains wrapped in fluffy clouds. Greeted and welcomed by Pradeep, Dilip and Birbal Negi the family whose energy heart and soul goes into this place. The camp is a beautiful balance of comfortable accommodation in the surrounding charm of the snow peaked mountains. The entire team that works at the camp became family to me by the end of my trip; and I was drawn to the sense of togetherness that they whole team carries, each of them smiling through their work with a sense of pride and ownership for this special place they run together as a community.

It was heartening to have been taken care of by this group in a special way. Each team member has a vast knowledge of the valley and were very willing and enthusiastic to share with me notes on what to see and where to visit. This added a lot of value and enriched my experience.

As a solo first time traveller to the mountains I came away feeling like I couldn’t have asked for a better stay. To be in a camp where the team made me feel so at home was truly special. Each of them every extremely in tune and aware of all the needs of the guests. Special mention for Tulsi, the head chef, who is so friendly in chatting with guests and quick to find out their needs and preferences, that would then quickly make an appearance on the dining table. This was hospitality at its best. I felt very safe to be staying alone at the camp for a total of 12 days, through days of unexpected showers in the valley and sudden drop in temperature, which didn’t stop the team from showing me around on three treks to stunning locations, and also making sure I was warm and comfortable at all points.

Being located in an untouched landscape the team makes it a point to stay clear of using plastic and non-recyclable products. This is especially commendable and showed me the immense respect and responsibility they have towards their homeland. They go the extra mile to make sure guests are aware of the surroundings and speaking to them on treks and guided walks that they are taken to around the camp. Simple acts of picking up trash when they see it made the other guests aware of not littering. This was a welcoming difference to my experience as a traveler.
I have come rejuvenated and truly nourished by this delightful experience of being at Kinner Camps along with the generous hospitality of the team that run and manage it.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

While every thing has an opportunity to improve, an additional star (making it a 5 star) for Mr. Tulsi, who made our stay extremly pleasant. You can actually feel his customer friendly attitude whenever you talk to him!!

Some Pros :
1)Neat Tents & Washrooms
2)Dinner Spread was Great
3) Nice Location - Riverside is just 50 Mt's trekk down and a nice view of snow clad mountains from most of the camps
4) Its cool during extreme summers aswell, surprise hot watter bottle at night kept everyone cozy

Cons :
Not really, but as I said, everyone has some room to improve.
1) Breakfast spread can improve, they get cold too quickly so need to think around that. Also, atleast 1 mineral bottle per person per day should be complimentary (they charge Rs 40 per bottle)

Room Tip : If you prefer some privacy and peace, there are 2 camps nearer to the river. If you prefer mountain view then camps on the top are the best

Had a nice stay and would love to visit again!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends