Oh dear what a terrible disapointment, this is the 2nd time we have visited the restaurant as the first time was so good, but what a big let down.First of all there was no heating on so we were both cold throughout our stay, and a cold reception was given to us by the Front of House/Waiter.It took 30mins for our starter to arrive which was Pate and Salmon Fishcake which were both very nice to eat and well presented, then it went down hill. Our main course's were ordered with our starter but we still had to wait 40mins bearing in mind there was only 1 other table with 4 people who ordered after us, and 1 table of 2 who only ordered a sandwhich.My breast of chicken came with the bone still attached,but was so well done i could hardly cut through it, the home made chunky chips were burnt to a cinder i would have broken my teeth if i had tried to eat them. My partner ordered venison with a wild mushroom and bacon jus which can only be discribed as watered down burnt gravy, and the venison it's self was so over cooked it was chewy and tasted of liver i think it had been put in a microwave oven to be re-heated as that was the only thing to be warm the jus and veg were cold.We left most of our meal and told the waiter but no reason or apology was given, we even asked him if he was doing the cooking as well as the serving as he took so long with everything, which he replied ( i might as well be ) We told him we wanted to try dessert's and wanted to order another drink but he never came back to us, we had to go looking for him after yet another 25mins just to pay our bill.We found the waiter to be ignorant and he was not bothered about what we thought of the meal it seemed like he wanted things to be bad as if he was having a go at his employers have they asked him to work over xmas and he is not happy?.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are seeking a hotel in North Yorkshire, this 37 bedroom hotel has excellent accommodation, conference facilities and a large private car park. Leisure centre with indoor swimming pool, steam room, sauna, gym and sun-shower. York only 17 miles, Harrogate 10 miles, Leeds 28 miles. Easy access from junction 48 A1(M) makes the Crown Hotel Boroughbridge an ideal stay over for journeys between Scotland and the South, a great location for weekend breaks, holidays in Yorkshire with York, Harrogate, the Yorkshire Dales and other Yorkshire tourism attractions nearby plus a meetings and conference venue for training courses, business meetings, functions and events for up to 150 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Boroughbridge
- Best Western North Yorkshire
- North Yorkshire Best Western
- Best Western Crown Hotel Boroughbridge, Yorkshire