“Wendywoo”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wendywoo”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I love this pub, have been a few times for a drink, and the Guinness is very well looked after but Sunday was the first time I had been for a meal. I was not disappointed, the staff were very courteous and helpful, I didn't particularly like any of the puds as I like traditional sticky toffee and treacle sponge, however I asked could I just have Ice cream and it was served in a lovely glass with a wafer. Only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because nobody had checked the toilets, and the ladies were quite unkempt. the pub had been busy but if I had used the facilities before eating, I would have probably have turned round and left.

• Visited February 2014

Durham, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We arrived with great expectations which unfortunately were not to be realised. We ate in the retaurant which was a little oppressive. We had time to savour the decor as the service was not very quick.The soup and fishcake starters were just ok but the fishcake was overdone on the outside and just warm on the inside.The corned beef hash again was ok too but the vegetables were undercooked and the skinny chips overcooked.Needless to say it was all a great disappointment and we will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Miles D
Haxby York
“3 excellent experiences here!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I must say, I do not understand previous reviews this lovely little pub has received. I have been lucky enough to have 3 gorgeous meals here. The pub eating area is very quaint, has a real wood fire going, and tons of locals, kids, dogs- really homey atmosphere.

We received very prompt service, and everything we have ordered and eaten here has been fantastic. From the Sunday roasts, to thoughtful specials, the kitchen is working hard to please, and the result is great.

Interestingly, this is also reviewed under Boroughbridge restaurants, and the reviews for it there are more like it- many satisfied customers. It is worth the drive to feel a part of a something special.

• Visited November 2013
York, United Kingdom
“nice pub but!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Have been a few times to this pub and always enjoyed. but this time i didnt enjoy my choice of meal of Brians corned beef hash which was a little like sloppy mush with a strong taste of vinegar.perhaps i should have complained at the time.I would also say that the prices in this pub are quite a bit more expensive than most places locally

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank BARRY M
Newcastle
“Lovely Meal”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We selected The Ship Inn for Sunday Lunch as the reviews were good and they allowed us to take our dog into the pub.
We were welcomed upon arrival and were shown to a table in the bar area where we could take the dog and enjoy a meal. Pub was busy and this is always a good sign.
The meals were lovely, service was also very good. If our table had been a little larger or not in such a small space I would have given 5 stars instead of 4.

Visited January 2014