“good!”
Review of The Boot Inn

The Boot Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Studley
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sensitively restored and brimming with countryside charm, The Boot Inn offers British pub hospitality. Mixing classic recipes and modern dishes, the menu is dictated by the seasons, with daily-changing specials also on offer. The bar is amply stocked with fine wines and smooth cask ales, and chunky wood furnishings and quirky décor make for a homely, relaxed ambience in the dining room. A menu just for kids offers fun yet nutritious choice for younger diners.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

lovely pub inside...very tastefully presented and good food. i had lamb burger, which although very nice, fell to pieces making it difficult to eat. FAB chips...very yummy and nice range of unusual drinks

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have used this pub before and never yet booked a table we find it very convenient has its open all day has we cant always eat between 12--2
we have found the food always good,we called in late afternoon and had soup of the day with fresh bread and an excellant fish pie each which was served in very pretty china dishes
we also had a flight of Rothchilds wine which comes on small trays with the name of wine in front of each glass we thought that its is an excellant idea of trying expensive wines at a reasonable price and not wasting money on a bottle which you may not enjoy
staff are always friendly and helpful and you are never rushed

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Visited on a Saturday afternoon as part of a large group, had to pre-order our food due to the size of group but this wasn't an issue.

On arrival we were shown to our tables by a friendly waitress who then took our drinks order which arrived after a bit of a wait.

The starters arrived and I had the Pork Belly which was very nice indeed, not a huge portion but enough for a starter and the whole dish worked very well.

Then it was onto the mains, I had a sirloin steak which was slightly overcooked as per my order (medium) and slightly dry. I chose not to complain about the steak as it was still edible and I chose not to make a fuss. As my steak arrived I asked for a prawn skewer which duly arrived after a short wait but the prawns were very undercooked. This time I did complain and the waitress took them straight off the bill and told us she would be having a word with the chef. My wife had the duck for main and she also found her meat to be quite dry. We both, however, loved the chips which were delicious. Always surprises me how many places serve appalling chips, but the boot has them spot on.

Finally we got to choose desserts, my wife and I went for the sharer which was absolutely brilliant. Lots of tasty little portions of amazing desserts, we both loved it and cleared the plate.

Overall the Boot has the potential to be a really really good English pub serving high class food. I would give it another try if I'm in the area but they'd have to get it spot on next time and solve the little niggles that shouldn't be happening.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Came here on a weekday lunch time with family and was pleasantly surprised to find a nice selection of veggie dishes on the menu, ones that are not slavered in cheese as well, which is unusual.

Myself and my companions all loved our meals, the service was good and very friendly and the atmosphere is bustling.

The only downside of this pub for me, as a new mother, is that there was no baby change! I had to change my son in a tiny space next to the sink in the ladies and it was cold and he screamed the place down! There's plenty of room in the disabled loo for a baby change - so come on The Boot Inn, sort it out! I feel discriminated against. :-(

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this pub. I've been many times and the food is spectacular. There is such a relaxed feel to the place, you can't help but have a good time. It's not the cheapest of places, but you get what you pay for. Whenever my friends come and stay, they beg me to go to The Boot, so I always oblige.