Holiday Inn Ashford North A20
  • Restaurant
$71
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
The Conningbrook Hotel(Kennington)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel(Ashford)(Great Value!)
$75
Hotels.com
Eastwell Manor(Boughton Lees)
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewshop pickersthe pubchannel tunnelfamily roomashford northtwo single bedssky tvovernight stopgood sizelarge roomshort staycar parkplenty of parkinglong journeystayed here for one nightan early startwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Our stay has been pleasant from the beginning to the end and we have been given everything we needed: a friendly welcome, wifi, a comfortable family room, luxury bath towels, a power shower and a satisfactory breakfast. It was all we needed.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank funkyfiorella
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear reviewer, your heading says it all. "Another Stay, Yes Please" I am delighted that your stay was a pleasure from beginning to end with a friendly welcome. Hopefully it won't be too long till we're able to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel is in a great location, close to the M20. It is an ideal place to stay en-route to or from the channel ports. The hotel has a spacious reception/lounge area and there is a restaurant and also a pub on-site, as well as a 24 hour menu. The rooms are a good size, very clean and comfortable. The staff all had great customer service, chatting on both check in and check out were very welcoming.
There is a choice of continental or full English breakfasts, both of which were plentiful, with a good choice.
The hotel was excellent value and I would definitely recommend it and also be happy to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Hello Becky, I'm pleased that you found the hotel to be in a great location with a spacious lounge / bar area with a choice of eating options including our Orchard Restaurant, Hop Pickers Pub and 24 Room Service menu. It was good to read that you found the rooms to be of good size which were very clean and comfortable. I am delighted that you found my staff to have great customer service and that you thought the hotel to be good value and would be happy to return.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed with a group of German travellers (Club BM & 56 e.V.) for 3 nights this month. The hotel was absolutely fine. The Reception staff very helpful - a good experience. But our group of 37 participants was asked to eat both dinners and breakfasts in the old pub opposite, the Hop Pickers, which I assume belongs to the Holiday Inn complex. The group was happy about this; they even noticed the Certificate of Excellence in the entrance. But when they sat at the dining tables, faces dropped. The tables tops were very sticky, which perception tells you, dirty! Not a nice feeling when you're consuming food . The tables had been cleaned with J-cloths and spray cleaner (I observed this), which does NOT CLEAN. A bin to dispose of empty cereal containers might also be a good idea! This did spoil the stay and perception of the hotel somewhat.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christa P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Christa P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We are pleased that you found our hotel fine and staff helpful. I am however, disappointed to read that your experience during dinners and breakfasts prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings you may have experienced.

Your feedback is highly appreciated as this helps us gauge what we are doing right, and what we need to improve on. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you would give us another opportunity to provide the excellent accommodations you were expecting.

Warm Regards,

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I booked to stay here after a last minute requirement brought me to the area and I am a frequent customer to Holiday Inn's. This hotel was positioned 5 minutes away from the M20 motorway which wasn't any issue at all. I thought the price could have been a bit more competitive and in line with Holiday Inn's usual pricing of £50-£60 per night, and especially as the price didn't include breakfast either. The hotel was quite busy as there were two coach tours of German tourists staying. The WiFi in the lobby area was free which was OK although it would have been more convenient to have free WiFi in the rooms too. I couldn't fault the room at all though. Was very surprised at how spacious and comfortable it was with a good size TV, adequate space to work if you needed to and a relatively good bathroom too. The only down side for me was that it was a bit over priced but otherwise perfect for what I needed!

Room Tip: I always ask for a nice quiet room away from the lifts and possibility of corridor doors slamming.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest, many thanks for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. I am pleased that you were able to use the complimentary WiFi in our lounge and would like to advise you that from the 1st July complimentary WIFi is a brand standard in bedrooms for all levels of IHG Reward Card members which also gives rewards points for any stay within an IHG property. I am delighted that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable with adequate workspace and a good bathroom. I am sorry that you thought us slightly overpriced but can assure you that we constantly monitor prices and set our prices depending on occupancy, season and competitor rates within the local area making us competitive.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night and was a reasonable price. Mezzanine floor rooms a tad odd to get to - stairs or a lift that never appears and just after meeting rooms so didn't feel that private for a bedroom area. Room smelt a bit musty eventhough it was clean and there seemed to be an ok amount of people in the hotel and overall it just looking dated. Against premier inns it's struggles to compare on service ( significantly more friendly at premier inns), decor, the beds, the breakfast and the smell ie not musty. Not a bad place but should have stayed over the road at the premier inn and paid the extra £10.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katie23Wakefield
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear katie23Wakefield,

Thank you for writing a candid review on your recent stay. It is regrettable that your expectations were not met with regards to room quality and overall hotel condition. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. I can assure you that this is not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves in. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you to serve you again on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,