Holiday Inn Ashford North A20
$107
$66
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Conningbrook Hotel(Kennington)(Great Value!)
$111
$107
Travelocity
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel(Ashford)(Great Value!)
$72
$69
$114
$111
Travelocity
Eastwell Manor(Boughton Lees)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshop pickersthe pubchannel tunnelfamily roomashford northtwo single bedssky tvovernight stopgood sizelarge roomshort staycar parkplenty of parkinglong journeystayed here for one nightan early startwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel has a mixed location. Is miles from anywhere and quite rural. Although close to the M20, although quite a distance from a junction. About 15 min from Ashford
Car park is large and easy to find a space. As you go into hotel you realise it is quite old, and in need of some redecoration to modernise but clean and respectable. Check in was good, with well trained staff.

Room was a family room and was the best family ever. It was massive. Had an office area as you went with a huge desk, with large bathroom off to side, then a lounge area off to other side, with very large TV and some comfy chairs. Then a fairly big gap then a good sized double bed, then round the corner and almost totally blocked off was a separate room with two further single beds in. My little boy loved the fact that it was like his own bedroom. The room felt more like a suite than a hotel room.

Hotel apparently has a small gym although did not use, but no other leisure facilities such as a pool which is a shame.

Had a good nights sleep, with a comfy bed. There is some noise from the nearby M20 which could affect some light sleepers.

Breakfast was okay. Nothing particularly special. All was buffet, coffee/TV served to table. Choice a bit limited on continental side I felt, no granola for example. My little boy always enjoys at Premier Inn so disappointed. Restaurant had a good view over fields, and even saw a few rabbits about. Restaurant itself was rather dated and boring looking though.

Check out was good with an accurate bill, smiles and good answers to our question about future bookings.

Good hotel, a little dated, average food, excellent family rooms

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Derek-Sam-Joshua
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. Now that you have found us and know where we are hopefully you will be able to do the journey from jnct. 9 of the M20 in about 6 minutes. I am delighted to read your comments on our family rooms and pleased that your little boy loved it also and that you felt it was more like a suite than just a room. It was good that you had a good nights sleep on a comfy bed and perhaps should you visit us again you will have the time to use our mini-gym located on the second floor. I was sorry that our breakfast felt a bit limited in your opinion and that your little boy was disappointed that there was no granola on the buffet. Apart from that i'm sure you'll agree that we offer a far bigger selection of breakfast items than other chains.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have just come back from a 2 night stay at this Holiday Inn. We were really pleased with the experience and found the hotel exactly matched our needs. The hotel provided clear alternative instructions so by using the alternative postcode provided on the literature when we booked it was easy to find the hotel in the dark and it was pouring down. The room although small was very clean and comfortable with air con. The self service breakfast was very good. The only down side was you had to pay 10 pounds for the internet if you wanted it in your room. Overall very pleased with the standard. Staff helpful and polite.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you were really happy with your experience and the hotel exactly matched your needs. It was good to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable and the breakfast very good. I will pass on your comments on how helpful and olite the staff were.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night on 22/09 prior to joining a Leger tour. We were a family party of six from different parts of Southern England so this was a painless way to start our holiday.Our check in was quick & friendly, our room large, clean & comfortable, with very welcome tea & coffee making facilities. We ate at the Hop Pickers pub, very tasty & again friendly service. Breakfast the next morning had a good choice & I did have a tea pot!
It was my brother-in-law`s birthday that day, the reason for the trip, & I had brought a musical candle as I was not sure when or if we could use a lighted one. I asked a young waiter, Housayn,. (not sure of the spelling) if it would be alright to take a small pastry out of the dining room to put the candle in. He asked if I would like him to sort it out, so I went & got the candle & gave it to him. We were just finishing breakfast when he appeared with the candle, lit & playing Happy Birthday in a croissant, on a plate with Happy Birthday written in fruit coulis & with a smiley face. This was such a lovely touch & way beyond what he needed to do, a real asset to the hotel, as are all the staff. Please pass on our thanks.
We will definitely use this hotel again & advise anyone joining a Leger tour to have a stress free start to your trip at a very reasonable price, parking included.

Room Tip: Our room at the back was lovely & quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BeeBeeKent

Many thanks for your perfect 5/5 rating following your stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that you found your room to be large, clean and comfortable and that you found your food in our Hop Pickers pub tasty with friendly service. I have passed on your comments to Huseyin and thanked him for his service. I am pleased to see that you would definitely use the hotel again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here for two nights as I wanted to go to Dover Castle. The staff were all so warm and friendly, and I had a very relaxing time. A really spacious, clean and comfortable room, fantastic shower, and plenty of mirrors to admire yourself in! Tea and coffee provided but take your own biscuits, and nice toiletries in the bathroom.
The drinks were also a good price, and I reckon this place is such good value for money. I would happily stay there again in the future, and oh, I forgot to say, the sausages at breakfast were yummy!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your very complimentary review. I am delighted to hear that you found my staff so warm and friendly and that you had a really very relaxing time. It was very pleasing to read you found the hotel such good value and that you would happily stay again in the future. Glad you also liked the sausages!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The room was clean and well furnished, and surprisingly large for the cost. The staff were friendly and helpful and check-in and check-out were both speedy and trouble free.

We only stopped one night on the way through and did not use the restaurant or bar facilities.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you found your room clean and well furnished and surprisingly large for the cost. It was good to read that the staff were friendly and helpful and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back sometime in the near future