“Excellent stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hothfield
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently stayed here for business for a week, and I thought it was excellent. Yes, it's a budget hotel but that didn't stop the staff being extremely attentive and helpful - and there was free wifi ! This is a deal maker for me,as I resent being charged extra for it in other places. The breakfast was fine, with a good choice to suit most tastes. Five star cuisine it's not, but certainly edible, plentiful and a good range to choose from.
My room was rather lovely - it overlooked the gardens, was quiet and a good size.
Downsides? The bathroom could do with a bit of an update the next time they decide to refurbish and my bathplug was a bit rusty.
On the whole, an excellent value for money stay for a budget property. If you're looking for a grat value overnight stay, I'd recommend it!

Room Tip: My room overlooking the garden was quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review "Excellent Stay" I am glad that you found the staff extremely attentive and helpful. It is good that you found the food plentiful with a good choice. I am pleased that you found your room lovely, quiet and a good size and that you found the hotel excellent value for money and that you'd recommend us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Myself and my Mother stayed here 11th May 2013, our room was huge with 2 double beds, I think we were lucky with the room as only booked 2 days before we went and had only booked a twin room. Bar/Lounge are in hotel very nice, had a nice comfortable nights sleep. Breakfast was absolutely excellent with so much choice. I would definitely stay here again.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to hear that you and your mother enjoyed your stay. It was good to hear that you had a comfortable nights sleep and that breakfast was excellent. Thank you for your comments that you would definitely stay here again and that you highly recommend the hotel.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was our 4th stay, 3 weeks ago, and as usual well worth it.
The staff are so friendly and funny and the young man on reception was just delightful. nothing was too much trouble.
Nice room at the back with lovely views and well away from the town so peaceful and quiet.
we got a great deal, and parking , always good value.
Nice room, comfy bed, good air con, and the ice machine is invaluable.
Huge breakfast. Good food. nice choice.
10/10 again !!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are peaceful with nice views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review of the hotel following your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you found the staff friendly and funny and that nothing was too much trouble for George on reception. It's also good to hear that you enjoyed your room and found it good value for money. Many thanks for being a repeat guest and staying with us on four occasions. This says a lot and hopefully I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for visit number five.
Stoke On Trent
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Was here with group, we stayed two nights but two nights apart when we were in France. Evenings meal on first visit was OK but on second visit two days later we were given same fish dish as previous visit, insufficient dessert so ended up having hot custard with fruit salad and the after dinner tea and coffee was cold. Shame as Holiday Inns are usually good value, this time I felt like a second class guest.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Saraki,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize you were not satisfied with our food selections and any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Usually stay in a Premier Inn but my company recently changed its policy on hotel bookings so had to stay here instead, much to my reluctance. However I was very wrong!!! Firstly I couldn't find the hotel so had to stop en route to ring the hotel to get another postcode (sat nave failure),the man I spoke to was very calm and reassuring despite my rant over the phone!!! I was given a new postcode and found the hotel quite easily.
On arrival I met Elaine on reception who was lovely and reassuring again. My room was upgraded because I'd found it difficult to find, my room was a family room with a smart tv......fab, fab, fab !!! There is also a mini gym on site and all the rooms have free wifi, so this hotel has everything.
Can't recommend it enough !!!

Room Tip: Ring to get a new postcode, the one given just sends you up and down the M20.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind review and your 5/5 score even with you initially being unable to find the hotel and your sat nav also letting you down. I am pleased that we managed to help you find the hotel without too much further trouble and "despite your rant" we upgraded your room so that you would be even more comfortable and able to unwind. It also helped the fact that you were talking to me, the General Manager on the phone.

I am delighted that Elaine was lovely and reassuring on your arrival and that you appeared to love your room. I do hope that now you have found us and that your comany has changed it's booking policy that I will soon be able to guide you back to the Holiday Inn Ashford North in the near future.

For anyone else using Sat Nav to avoid confusion I would recommend the postcode TN26 1AP and follow the road for 500 metres past the Esso Garage on the left
Alcala De Henares, Spain
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Not a very good location because is far from Ashford. So you need a car for everything.
Wifi free even in rooms but poor quality depending on the room you get.
The pub in front of it is a good choice for dinners.
The quality-price ratio is quite interesting.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you felt we were far from Ashford. We are in fact only three miles from the main Ashford roundabout and less than 10 minutes away. In fact you can often get to us quicker alont the country road than you can into Ashford with all it's traffic lights and volume of traffic. We actually have our wifi provider working in the hotel this week to hopefully speed up the system.

I am glad that you found our Hop Pickers pub a good choice for dinner and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Ludington, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had to opportunity to travel with my husband for work to England. We stayed at this hotel and had mixed feelings. We were in a nice room with a desk, bed and couch which was nice because while he was working I was staying in the room alone. But our location was very loud since it was near the road. we would have closed the window but it was extremely hot in the room. After the first night the AC unit stopped working and the staff only offered to give us a fan instead of looking at the unit or switching our rooms. It was miserable for the next 4 nights of sleep. The TV was horribly slow and only 10 channels.Other than that the stay was sufficient. The Hop Pickers restaurant in front of the Hotel was great though!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write following your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you were in a nice room with what you required. I am however sorry that the AC unit failed and that we were unable to move you to an alternative room during your stay. We actually have an engineer on site this week and hope to have the unit back up and running very soon. It is good to hear that you thought our Hop Pickers pub in front of the hotel was great and I hope that despite the AC problem we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hothfield
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Travelodge Ashford
Travelodge Ashford
#5 of 8 in Ashford
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Ashford North A20? Share your experiences!