“Country hospitality”

Fernvale Hotel-Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fernvale
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Had a great weekend here with 15 of us following the Cancer Charity bike ride. Comfy quiet room with en suite., TV, fridge, tea making. Great cheap pub food, open fire and a publican that just couldn't do enough to make our stay memorable. Nearby Wivenhoe Dam is a must.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Rob W

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed at the fernvale hotel motel for 2 nights while visiting the wivenhoe dam. I could not ask for a better experience. The food was wonderful and very reasonably priced, the bar had such a great local atmosphere with great veiws of the fernvale hills. The family that runs the hotel are very friendly, welcoming and accomodating. The room I stayed in was great for the price. Paid $85 per night, and had my own fridge, bathroom, air conditioner, kettle, toaster etc.. I got my room serviced daily and the housekeeping staff were very helpful with anything I needed. I would definately recommend this pub, all country pubs should be like this one!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Dayan W
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This motel was old and not very clean there was mould on the fridge and on the shower a wasps nest on the wall of the bathroom and a brick holding the toilet up no working smoke detector as it was in the cupboard with no battery in it we stayed 3 nights and they did not clean our room the rubbish bin was over flowing and we needed to ask for more towels I would never stay here again as id is over priced at $95 a night and not a nice place to stay country town should be better than this you give the whole town a bad name hope they have a good look at them self

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Alicia M
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Stayed at the Fernvale Motel in November 2008. There were 3 in our travelling party.

The Fernvale Motel is just another country motel. It was clean and comfortable but in need of a make-over (like most country motels in Australia). It is attached to the Fernvale Hotel/Pub

There was one queen bed and two single beds which was ideal for our travelling group of three. The beds were actually quite comfortable.

Whilst it was satisfactory for our one night stay, like most country motels it is way over-priced for what it is. At $130/night you should expect more! The prices of country motels never cease to astound me...but I guess your options are limited.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Jove99

Been to Fernvale Hotel-Motel? Share your experiences!