Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel
  • Restaurant
Queensberry Hotel(Bath)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewspark and rideluxury roommain buildingmasons restauranttwo courseslovely settinglovely hotelfour posterbar menubeautiful roomfirst morninghuge bathroomwalk in showerminute drivegrounds are beautifulself servicewedding party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Booked this hotel as a surprise birthday for my partner. Reception was small but the receptionist was lovely and polite. The rooms themselves were located in separate buildings from the main reception/bar/dining area so you had to go outside to reach reception but the buildings themselves are very tastefully designed and decorated.The room (Luxury Double) was beautiful! Spacious and with high-beamed ceiling, a large and comfortable bed and with fluffy pillows and a thick duvet. The windows are of an old-fashioned design and added to that archaic atmosphere which was lovely and the shower is amazing! Bar is a bit small and limited and lounge area was a bit cold and could do with a little bit more added designs as it felt very lacking. The dining room (Masons Restaurant) is a truly magnificent place that seems to transport you back in time! With its high stone-arched ceiling and low-lighting, it provided a very intimate atmosphere. We were seated opposite the fireplace and we were waited on by very young but very efficient and polite staff. The food was delicious and well-presented as well. Breakfast was a bit disappointing and was a bit slow to be re-filled (no sausages, fried eggs or hash browns) but this may be due to the limited number of staff that morning. Coffee/tea was a "help-yourself" situation but again they were slow to be re-filled. Check-out was smooth and easy and again this was dealt with by a friendly receptionist. I would definitely return for another visit and will definitely be staying in a Luxury Double which is their best room.

Room Tip: Choose a Luxury Double Room - it's beautiful and very spacious!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TP_Management, Public Relations Manager at Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Good Morning,

I'm writing to offer you our sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review in light of your stay with us.

Over the last six months Tracy Park has undertaken a huge overhaul of its processes, costings and services available and whilst we have more developments in place for 2014 we are so grateful that our hard work is resulting in such complimentary feedback!

We welcome any further suggestions you may have and we hope you'll consider us again in 2014!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Tracy Park Hotel has a lot of great potential and I’d love to give it 5 Stars, however we were let down by a few minor (but niggling) points which I hope the hotel will work on. This review is only a reflection on our stay and on the whole we were very happy despite not everything being as it should have been for this class of hotel.

My husband and I booked a 2 night stay at The Tracy Park Hotel via Bookings.Com in a Superior Room for a short break near Bath. Originally we were due to go with friends, but due to unforeseen circumstances they had to cancel at the last minute.

When we arrived at 6pm we were allocated Room 21 and were informed that the restaurant was closed for the evening due to a private event and that there would only be a limited menu at the bar (which was full of guests for the private party). My question is why were we not informed of this prior to arriving? We asked the Receptionist could she recommend anywhere decent to eat, she recommended The Rose and Crown in Wick. We asked if we needed to book and she said it wouldn’t be necessary.

We took a drive to the Rose and Crown (which looks lovely) only to be told that they were full for this evening and the following. They recommended that we went to The Griffin pub a little further down the road which we did. All I can say it was adequate and definitely wouldn’t have been our choice but by this time we were hungry and just wanted to eat. As Tracey Park is fairly remote if you don’t plan to eat in their restaurant (when it’s not closed). I would strongly recommend you source somewhere to eat prior to your arrival unless you wish to be driving around trying to find somewhere half decent.

Room 21 is very pleasant, but it isn’t a Superior Room. It is nicely decorated and clean with crisp white bed linen and beautiful fluffy white towels. However, there are a couple of minor comments that I would like to make. It is heated via an air conditioning unit above the bed which is noisy when left on. The mattress was extremely soft (too much so for both of us). The toilet and shower room floor is very cold and whilst very nice hasn’t been finished to the best of standards (shower room door not quiet hung correctly, glue still remaining on the tiles and a light not working). There were only two little milk cartons left to use with tea and coffee! If I had booked a Standard room I would have been reasonably happy with the room and my criticism of the room are really very minor.

In the morning I mentioned to the Receptionist on duty about our room not being a Superior one and that we should have been told about the restaurant being closed before we arrived. She said there was nothing she could do about it as the hotel was fully booked but she would speak to her Manger.

Our first morning breakfast was very pleasant with tea and coffee being served at our table, no complaints. However the same cannot be said for our 2nd morning as it appears that everyone staying at the hotel went down to breakfast at 9.15, which of course meant that the service was hopeless. No tea, no coffee, no milk, no orange juice, no service, low on food, everything had to be asked for and waited for. There was only 3 members of staff on duty and one of the young lads on couldn’t seem to raise even the smallest of smiles. Such a shame!

On our 2nd evening we decided that we would try eating at the hotel, as we weren’t hungry and the bar food seemed to have a reasonable choice we thought we’d give it a try. We ordered Soup and an Omelette. We waited 15 minutes for my soup (which was very tasty) and then a following 15 minutes after I had finished eating my husband’s Omelette arrive. The barman was most apologetic, saying the restaurant was busy! Heaven help us if we’d tried to eat in the bar the day before. Waiting for our food wasn’t too much of an issue as we were not in a hurry, but it was rather irritating.

On checking out the following day, as soon as I mentioned our room number the lovely lady on Reception (who I believe was one of the Managers) was most apologetic about our room grade not being as booked, but explained they were having one or two minor problems which they are trying to work on. We were offered a reduction in our bill by way of compensation which I was happy to accept as I believe my comments were only minor but added up meant they were very irritating.

Tracy Park has a lot of potential and is absolutely lovely they just need to iron out some of these problems. Would I go back again? Yes but I know what to watch out of. Would I recommend Tracy Park? Yes.

1  Thank SkillFamily
TP_Management, Public Relations Manager at Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Good Morning,

We are sorry to hear of the issues you have had during your stay with us. We are keen to discuss this matter further with you so please can you email matthew@tracypark.co.uk with your contact information, full name and date of your stay and we will be in touch.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We arrived after an awful rain soaked journey to a very warm reception and excellent welcome from staff. Beautiful setting, building and grounds. Our room was perfect, luxurious and roomy, with a huge comfortable bed. We were very impressed as our son is getting married here in August and WOW we loved it.

Room Tip: Spend that bit extra for a luxury room,worth every penny!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 8, 2014

To attend a nearby funeral, I booked a single nights stay at Tracy Park Country Hotel for myself and my wife.
The booing process was very easy and the confirmation email arrived promptly.
The overall inclusive cost of the accommodation and evening meal was within budget.
The location was convenient and being set in the old manor parkland would have been a joy to walk through, had it not been raining hard.
The evening meal not exactly exciting but the service was prompt and very polite. I offer a similar comment on the breakfast.
The beds were quite soft which does not assist sleeping, but the biggest problem was the noise from the room above which transpired to be a noisy extractor fan. This sounded like an unbalanced and demented washing machine permanently on spin cycle. Not the most pleasant of alarm clocks.
The lasting impression is of the very courteous and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BarbellMan

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Beautiful hotel in the hills between Bath and Bristol. The grounds are in the middle of the country side, surrounded by the golf course.

The rooms were converted stables and had high ceilings with wood beams, simple furnishing and a very nice bath. The beds were a bit soft for my taste, but the bedding was very nice. There was the slight problem that the double bed was made of two single beds and one of the beds did slant down at an angle as if the mattresss had gotten too old.

The service was uneven. We arrived early, before check in, and were hoping to just sign the paperwork and leave our bags, but were treated quite abruptly and a bit rude by the person at the front desk, who seemed quite put out to have us there, or to take our luggage. However the person who helped us later that day and the next morning was very nice.

We had a nice lunch in the bar areas, but didn't try the restuarant.

The one negative about this hotel was definetely its proximity to Bath. Advertised as being reasonably close, it was in reality a 15 minute taxi ride with the taxis being quite expensive in the area. When adding our taxi costs into the overalll cost, we could have stayed in one of the top hotels in Bath.

Good Morning,

Over the last six months Tracy Park has undertaken a huge overhaul of its processes, costings and services available and whilst we have more developments in place for 2014 we are grateful for any feedback to aid us in these changes.