“If considering a wedding or golf trip here, DON'T !!!”

Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wick
Lichfield
“If considering a wedding or golf trip here, DON'T !!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful setting , good rooms on first apperience .
But what a complete shambles. We had so may issues with this place. We repeatedly complained , we got many excuses but nothing was ever rectified. Staff were extremely poor & the manager was completely useless. He blamed the the staff , these are staff that he has employed !!
If you are considering choosing this as a wedding venue ? PLEASE DO NOT BOOK HERE . You will ruin your important day , choose somewhere else for your special day!
I cannot understand why a wonderful venue which is promoting itself to golfing parties & as a wedding venue, closes its reception & bar by 11/ 11-30 pm ?? . Surely this type of clientele are wanting a late night tipple.?
Not even a night porter is on duty . Which I always thought was standard in decent hotels ?
The whole place feels that it is being run on a shoestring , which Is the opposite to your first impression on arrival.
I feel sorry for the owners who have obviously invested a huge amount of money in this venture . They have either ran out of money ? Or are being hugely let down by the Manager & his Staff

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank MrFussyLichfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Firstly apologies for the late review. I don't like leaving it too late but this year has been very busy.

My Husband and I stayed the night of the 6th and 7th of March and my Mother in Law and Father in Law stayed the night of the 6th of March.

Unfortunately we wish we were staying for leisure but we had a family funeral to attend in Bristol.

This hotel is gorgeous. The building is amazing and the staff were very polite to us. We were shown our rooms which weren't in the main building but in the courtyard at the front of the main building.

My Husband and I had a lovely room (I have attached some photos as I cannot remember the room number) with a bathroom up some steps.

The room was clean and comfortable with all of the amenities one could need when staying in a hotel. My Mother in Law did ask for extra milk for tea and coffee and the staff assisted with this- she bought some over to our room as we were only a short distance away.
The room was a little warm- the heating was on all night. No need for any bed covers!

The breakfast was just brilliant. The first morning we mostly 'helped ourselves' which was fine. Good selection of cereals, yoghurt and juices as well as toast and a cooked breakfast. I really liked the atmosphere in the breakfast/dining area.

The second morning was even better as we were able to order our food to be brought to the table. When speaking with the lovely waiter (sorry I didn't catch his name) I mentioned that I liked beans and he came back with a huge bowl of beans just for me! I thought this was a sweet gesture.

We had dinner here on our second night which was delicious. It was a little expensive but you get what you pay for and my goodness it was devine!

There are plenty of places to park here at no extra charge and there is also free WIFI!

I would highly recommend coming to stay at this hotel and if we come back to Bristol to see family, we will certainly look to see if we can book a room here.

Thank you for looking after us during a difficult time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, England
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I wanted to stay overnight on 29 August and take the 'Golf Break' the hotel offered, i.e. one course on 29 August, dinner bed and breakfast followed by the other course the following day. I rang the hotel number several times and each time when the auto response device answered the phone, pressed 1, as instructed for golf bookings. The phone just rang and rang until it eventually cut out. In frustration I rang reception where I explained this problem to the receptionist. She took the details of the booking I was trying to make and told me she would ring me back on either my land line or cell phone with the outcome. She did neither. I then tried to complete an on-line booking, but after four days I have still had no confirmation. Without doubt this hotel must have the most incompetent staff and technical facilities for booking arrangements I have ever encountered. I am pleased to see that some people have managed to book and have a good time, but sadly it seems I am not to be one of them.

Room Tip: If you can get past the booking system and make a reservation, it appears you will have a good time
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aceputter
TP_Management, Public Relations Manager at Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at Tracy Park for which we are very grateful. We do take the comfort of our guests very seriously and strive to offer an affordable, high quality service to all our clients.

In regards to your feedback around the staffing of reception I am grateful for you bringing this to our attention; its certainly an area that we have picked up on and are addressing so that in the future our guests do not have these issues to contend with. We have recently recruited several additional reception staff and in conjunction with the newly implemented Hotel Management IT system we hope the issues you had previously faced will not occur again in the future.

I hope that you will return to visit us and that your follow up review, should you wish to leave one, will be reflective of our solid commitment to customer service that we strive to offer all our clients on every visit.

Please contact me at matthew@tracypark.co.uk, if you would like to discuss your review further, otherwise we look forward to seeing you again.

Many Kind Regards

Matthew Wofinden,
Marketing & PR Director
Rothefield, East Sussex
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was a superb location. Both golf courses were in excellent condition and well presented. The accommodation was excellent and the food in the private dining room we had as a group was superb. The staff were friendly and unobtrusive and extremely competent. I would thoroughly recommend this location fora golf break.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
hampshire
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in room 35 for 2 nights which was one of the best rooms we've ever stayed in, however, the service was in its infancy! The Wifi in the room did not work and when we asked reception the assistant did not know until the following day and then the information was incorrect still. This was not resolved. The breakfast was not so easy to find and the food was overcooked by way of constant heating. I was unable to procure a newspaper and was advised to visit the local shop which was not expected from a hotel. Overall the hotel is situated in a lovely area and the room was very good. The staff were very polite but it would seem the procedures and the processes around the service aspect are lacking which let down the fantastic surroundings and rooms.

Room Tip: The carriages rooms were fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Arnold703
Good Morning,

I am sorry to hear of your problems with the accommodation & particularly the issue with newspapers. We strive to offer a high quality of accommodation and service but unfortunately for various reasons we were unable to deliver to the standards we pride ourselves on at this particular occasion.
In regards to the experience you had with the lack of newspaper provisions I do apologise for this deficit in our overall service but with your feedback in mind we will most certainly work to be able to cater to all our guest's requirements and will ensure all services are available in the future.

Please contact me at matthew@tracypark.co.uk, if you would like to discuss your review further and resolve any issues you may have.

Many Kind Regards

Matthew Wofinden,
Marketing & PR Director
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The trip in general was excellent .. Two good golf courses which we played twice. Both different and times challenging. The Rooms we stayed in was in the courtyard. We had 8 rooms between us and was very pleased with them. Breakfast and evening meal we had was very good and a good choice. One of two criticism was the spike bar. Would have been ok if they had enough staff too look after us and others at dinner time , when we waited to be served and eventually get the food. Something I did mean to tell them! When on a time scale to go back to play need food prompt. Second thing the hole no's on the tees with the little map need to be changed around as two of our groups played the wrong hole. Little things but it was fantastic value and enjoyed. Contemplating going back next year!

Room Tip: In courtyard, 16 of us and all had good rooms. Some did differ in size, but room we had was great..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Rooms were clean, comfortable and beautiful, food was tasty and well-presented, staff were friendly yet professional and grounds were idyllic, twelve of us enjoyed our stay for two nights, and will return for special occasions in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
Matthew W, Marketing Director at Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear James,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Please keep an eye out for special winter and new year offers on our website.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks
Matthew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wick
Bailbrook House Hotel
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club
Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol
Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol
#1 of 5 in Almondsbury

Been to Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel? Share your experiences!