“Never Actually Got To Make A Booking”

Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wick
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I wanted to stay overnight on 29 August and take the 'Golf Break' the hotel offered, i.e. one course on 29 August, dinner bed and breakfast followed by the other course the following day. I rang the hotel number several times and each time when the auto response device answered the phone, pressed 1, as instructed for golf bookings. The phone just rang and rang until it eventually cut out. In frustration I rang reception where I explained this problem to the receptionist. She took the details of the booking I was trying to make and told me she would ring me back on either my land line or cell phone with the outcome. She did neither. I then tried to complete an on-line booking, but after four days I have still had no confirmation. Without doubt this hotel must have the most incompetent staff and technical facilities for booking arrangements I have ever encountered. I am pleased to see that some people have managed to book and have a good time, but sadly it seems I am not to be one of them.

Room Tip: If you can get past the booking system and make a reservation, it appears you will have a good time
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aceputter
TP_Management, Public Relations Manager at Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at Tracy Park for which we are very grateful. We do take the comfort of our guests very seriously and strive to offer an affordable, high quality service to all our clients.

In regards to your feedback around the staffing of reception I am grateful for you bringing this to our attention; its certainly an area that we have picked up on and are addressing so that in the future our guests do not have these issues to contend with. We have recently recruited several additional reception staff and in conjunction with the newly implemented Hotel Management IT system we hope the issues you had previously faced will not occur again in the future.

I hope that you will return to visit us and that your follow up review, should you wish to leave one, will be reflective of our solid commitment to customer service that we strive to offer all our clients on every visit.

Please contact me at matthew@tracypark.co.uk, if you would like to discuss your review further, otherwise we look forward to seeing you again.

Many Kind Regards

Matthew Wofinden,
Marketing & PR Director

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was a superb location. Both golf courses were in excellent condition and well presented. The accommodation was excellent and the food in the private dining room we had as a group was superb. The staff were friendly and unobtrusive and extremely competent. I would thoroughly recommend this location fora golf break.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in room 35 for 2 nights which was one of the best rooms we've ever stayed in, however, the service was in its infancy! The Wifi in the room did not work and when we asked reception the assistant did not know until the following day and then the information was incorrect still. This was not resolved. The breakfast was not so easy to find and the food was overcooked by way of constant heating. I was unable to procure a newspaper and was advised to visit the local shop which was not expected from a hotel. Overall the hotel is situated in a lovely area and the room was very good. The staff were very polite but it would seem the procedures and the processes around the service aspect are lacking which let down the fantastic surroundings and rooms.

Room Tip: The carriages rooms were fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arnold703

Good Morning,

I am sorry to hear of your problems with the accommodation & particularly the issue with newspapers. We strive to offer a high quality of accommodation and service but unfortunately for various reasons we were unable to deliver to the standards we pride ourselves on at this particular occasion.
In regards to the experience you had with the lack of newspaper provisions I do apologise for this deficit in our overall service but with your feedback in mind we will most certainly work to be able to cater to all our guest's requirements and will ensure all services are available in the future.

Please contact me at matthew@tracypark.co.uk, if you would like to discuss your review further and resolve any issues you may have.

Many Kind Regards

Matthew Wofinden,
Marketing & PR Director

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The trip in general was excellent .. Two good golf courses which we played twice. Both different and times challenging. The Rooms we stayed in was in the courtyard. We had 8 rooms between us and was very pleased with them. Breakfast and evening meal we had was very good and a good choice. One of two criticism was the spike bar. Would have been ok if they had enough staff too look after us and others at dinner time , when we waited to be served and eventually get the food. Something I did mean to tell them! When on a time scale to go back to play need food prompt. Second thing the hole no's on the tees with the little map need to be changed around as two of our groups played the wrong hole. Little things but it was fantastic value and enjoyed. Contemplating going back next year!

Room Tip: In courtyard, 16 of us and all had good rooms. Some did differ in size, but room we had was great..
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Rooms were clean, comfortable and beautiful, food was tasty and well-presented, staff were friendly yet professional and grounds were idyllic, twelve of us enjoyed our stay for two nights, and will return for special occasions in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013
Matthew W, Marketing Director at Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear James,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Please keep an eye out for special winter and new year offers on our website.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My daughter's wedding was being held nearby, and this looked a perfect venue.
In all we had 16 rooms on July 13th. I visited on the 10th and met manager Daniel Canu.
I explained how excited we were about the weekend and wanted to make everything perfect.
Our wedding reception party was due to finish at midnight, so I wanted to check the bar would be open for a nightcap. He told me the bar would be closed, but if I paid an extra £250 he would open it for an hour, a further hour would be another £250. I declined. How much money would have been spent in that hour?? God help any golfers that like a drink.
On returning to the hotel on Friday night my key to my luxury room did not open the door.
No one was on site in the main hotel. I managed to call out the manager from his bed to reset
the keycard. I was angry. Next morning the card again locked me out of the room. Reset.
My stepdaughter and husband arrived at lunchtime...were not allowed a key.but we were told it would be left on the doorstep in an envelope. Guess what it wasn't there. I called out the manager again at 1.30am. I also complained that there had been no soap in the shower, and the fridge was not cooling the drinks. Neither problem had been rectified.
Each of the staff blamed someone else. No communication.
On the Sunday I met with Daniel to complain again. He offered nothing to placate my anger,
but did say he would speak to the owner and then contact me. I AM STILL WAITING

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Peter R

Dear Peter,

I am sorry you experienced problems with your visit. I can assure you that we strive to provide an excellent customer experience and I can only appologise that you didn't get this on your visit.

Daniel is no longer with the company so I cannot easily find out exactly why you experienced the issues you state.

I would however very much like to discuss your issues in more detail and where possible provide some rectification, if you could email me at matthew@tracypark.co.uk with your contact information I will be in-touch next week.

Many thanks

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We held my wife's 70th Birthday Celebration Party on 20 July 2013 and our family and 50 guests had a great evening. Prior to the event we met with the relatively newly appointed banqueting manager Daniel on several occasions and he went that extra mile to ensure we would be happy with the menu chosen and had the good quality wines we wanted. He was present throughout the evening seeing that everything was attended too and he and his staff were extremely cheerful and willing to help in anyway to achieve what we wanted. This more than compensated for some initial oversights. Although not yet up to the standard of top London Hotel venues with his dedication I feel sure there will be only improvements on this excellent contribution to this memorable occasion.

Most of the guests stayed the night and echo the compliments in other reviews fon the accommodation but due to what appears to be understaffing general service is somewhat casual and fragmented. bgNonetheless we would not hesitate to use this hotel again for an event or just to stay in idyllic surroundings.

Room Tip: The best rooms are worth the extra but at present the hotel's service needs more staff so respon...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Brian,

I would like to thank you for staying with us in July and I am so pleased that the special event was everything you hoped.

We are striving to improve the customers experience and I hope you will be able to come back soon and see some of our recent changes in action.

Many thanks again,
Matthew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wick
De Vere Tortworth Court
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth
Thornbury Castle and Tudor Gardens
Bailbrook House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Apsley House Hotel
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel? Share your experiences!