The following email was sent to the manager of Tracy Park on Wednesday 10th July. It is now the 21st of July, and STILL no reply! Even with a phone call on Sunday 14th, to confirm that the email had been received. As you will read, we were extremely unimpressed with our meal and service, which is such a shame, as the grounds are incredible.
Dear the manager of Tracy Park,
I am writing to let you know how disappointed I was concerning the meal on Friday 5th July 2013. The event was organised as a retirement party for several colleagues, whom had served many years in the teaching profession. This was a big event in the year calendar and a huge celebration for those colleagues.
I have never experienced such terrible service, and I can’t imagine ever experiencing it again! Having worked in hotels and at banqueting events, I know how easy it should have been to cater for the event. All of the food was pre-ordered and only two courses, plus coffee. It was a very straight forward task-yet the service was diabolical. Instead of the waiters serving one table at a time, it appeared that all of each course was served at once! This meant that the whole table was not served within five minutes, instead over thirty minutes. To make things even worse, all of the meals on the table were cold, before the vegetables were even served. There appeared to only be two waiters serving the whole party!! It was an impossible task for the two waiters and obviously going to make the service extremely poor.
When I asked one of the waiters what the meal was, he was unable to tell me, and did not ask for clarification. Surely the waiters are briefed before serving, yet this appeared to not be the case. There was also huge confusion over the tagine. I ordered ‘lamb tagine’, yet had to settle for vegetable tagine. Many of the guests were disgruntled about this.
Trying to be served a drink throughout the evening, also turned into a slow process. It appeared that the waiters were also bar staff, along with the lady on reception. Of course, this meant that there were queues and often nobody available to serve a drink.
On leaving the party, the car park was so dark, that mobile phones had to be used as torches!! This is ridiculous and I was simply glad that I wasn’t wearing heels.
As you can imagine, this experience, that was costly-the evening meal, drinks and taxi’s, has left me feeling that it was a really disappointing evening and I would recommend others to not book Tracy Park, especially for a large event, as the place is so understaffed and the food is rather poor. This is such a shame, as the grounds were delightful, yet everything else let the evening down.
I very much hope that in the future you will take care of these huge blunders, in order for others to enjoy their evenings, and not have the costly disappointing evening that I experienced.
Ms C Edmonds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Georgian mansion surrounded by two championship golf courses. Beautifully restored, classically styled and hugely inviting. The bedrooms, are set within the charming converted stables are decorated in a chic, contemporary style along with free Wifi and flat screen TVs, some even have ipod docks. The award winning Oakwood Restaurant is in a wonderful stone-vaulted Masonic lodge. Make the most of the golf courses or take the 4-mile trip into Bath - a beautiful World Heritage city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tracy Park Hotel And Country Club
- Park Hotel Bath
- Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel Wick, UK - England