“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wick
Wiltshire
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Forget the Golf, my wife and I just wanted a break and stumbled upon the Tracy Park Country Hotel and booked a luxury Queen Suite.
From arrival to departure the Staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful, our Suite consisted of a generously sized lounge, huge Bathroom and a very comfortable bedroom with one of the most comfortable beds we have graced in a long time.
All tastefully decorated and furnished to a high standard and very good value for money indeed, Dinner in the Masons Restaurant was lovely, good quality well presented food with excellent service, being in the main House the Restaurant itself is beautiful, full of charm and character.
It was a pleasure to be able to write a review without submitting a gripe or two, but there genuinely was nothing to gripe about, highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank GerryWiltshire
TP_Management, Public Relations Manager at Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at Tracy Park for which we are very grateful. We do take the comfort of our guests very seriously and strive to offer an affordable, high quality service to all our clients.

I'm grateful for your impressions of our facilities & I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Masons Restaurant also.

I hope that you will return to visit us and that your follow up review, is as complimentary as the review that I am responding to.

Please contact me at matthew@tracypark.co.uk, if you would like to discuss your review further, otherwise we look forward to seeing you again.

Yours Sincerely,
Marketing & PR Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Weybridge
Reviewed April 19, 2013

As a golfing group of 16 (8 couples) we have been going to this venue for 5 years. Up until this year we have enjoyed this venue for an ideal weekend golfing break.
While the hotel still provides excellent food and a reasonably good service, the room cleanliness once high standards, have slipped to below standard for this type of hotel.
However while the 2 golf courses are maintained to a reasonable level, the service in the club house on all 3 days that we were there was absolutely disgraceful.
Staffing levels in bar inadequate, wait for up to 20 minutes for service, bar stocks very low constantly running out of basic drinks, shortage of drinking glasses, basic food taking over 1 hour to arrive from order time.
A we have always enjoyed good service in our previous 5 visits I felt it was necessary to contact the owner direct (just in case he was not aware of these shortcomings). So I obtained his personal email address, and emailed him our concerns.
Not as much as an acknowledgement has been received in return.
We as a group of 16 will not be using this venue again for golf, and I would advise other golfing groups to avoid, unless they are happy with such poor club house service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank RockyWeybridge
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It is perfectly located to get to both Bath and Bristol and is set in the idyllic countryside. As you drive into the park it feels very much like an old traditional British country mansion, stunning! The staff were really helpful and the room was amazing, so much attention to detail as well as a great view, plasma tv and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, no corners had been cut! The bathroom was luxurious and made of marble with a huge shower!

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants some luxury as well as a visit to Bath. I could not believe how reasonable the price was, a real gem!

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Saxtonliz
Good Morning,

I'm grateful for your impressions of our Hotel & I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the surrounding areas.

I hope that you will return to visit us and that your follow up review, should you wish to leave one, will be reflective of our solid commitment to customer service that we strive to offer all our clients on every visit.

plymouth
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and i arrived at 3pm on the Fri and booked in to the luxury room in the carriages section of the hotel, we were so happy to see our fabulous room and made ourselves comfortable. We dressed for dinner and went to the lovely bar/lounge and sat and waited by the log fire to be shown to our table, we realised they must have been really busy and the few members of staff that were there kept apologising.When we were finally shown in to the restaurant section we were seated and were very happy with our meals, when we finished we returned to the bar area and met some other couples and had a few more drinks, we had a great time. The next day we checked out after loads to eat at breakfast and went to our next hotel.....After seeing our next hotel we decided to go back to Tracy Park on the Sunday for another two nights. We thought the staff worked really hard and were so helpful, but it seems they need more staff and over the bank holiday they were really rushing around doing there best. We feel the staff didn't have much support and we did hear a few people complaining and asking for the manager. We would recommend this hotel although you need to entertain yourselves we went out to other pubs and restaurants and apparently the golf course is good as well :)

Room Tip: Luxury Rooms are fantastic!
5 Thank kimbaby41
Good Morning,

I'm grateful for your impressions of our Hotel & I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you booked a further two nights with us. I appreciate your point about the level of staffing and this is certainly an element of our business that is important to us & feedback like that which you have offered helps us to make the changes necessary to accommodate our guests.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently got married in a near by venue and required accommodation for myself and my wedding guests. Having reserved a number of rooms at Tracy Park several months in advance I was surprised to be told by one of my guests that they were unable to book a room due to it being 'fully booked', after ringing to clarify this, I was advised this was not the case and that all rooms were still available.This same situation happened a number of times in the lead up to the wedding. Secondly my guests were told the incorrect rates and advised only luxury rooms were available at the highest rates when in fact there were plenty of standard rooms available at the agreed price. Thirdly amateur mistakes such as writing the incorrect name and status of my guests on confirmation letter (Mr Bloggs instead of Miss Smith). What angered me the most in the weeks before my wedding I was told to go through the guest list to put my guests in the correct room as they had been mixed up with another wedding also staying that night. When I asked to speak to the manager I was ensured she would call me back on an agreed time and date. This phone call never happened. I rang several times to chase this up with no response, however to my surprise when I decided to ring withheld number the call was picked up straight away. The manager denied all knowledge of my complaint and problems and needless to say nothing was done about it other than a weak apology. I am very Unimpressed by the organization and professionalism at Tracy Park. I have never complained about anything before but this caused me so much stress in the lead up to my wedding I felt it needed to be shared.

On a positive note the bridal suite was lovely.

5 Thank MrsJaney22
July 30, 2013

Good Morning,

I am sorry to hear of your problems with the organisation of your wedding party & I am deeply concerned about the lack of followup care to your initial complaint. We strive to offer a high quality of accommodation and customer service but unfortunately for various reasons we were unable to deliver to the standards we pride ourselves on at this particular occasion.

We are currently going through a complete overhaul of processes and accountabilities so as to ensure a smooth operation that is not overburdened with issues that prevent our guests from enjoying their time with us to the best of standards.

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly at matthew@tracypark.co.uk to discuss the issues you suffered, from here I can assure you we shall do our utmost to rectify the problems you had faced and ensure your satisfaction in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here on the Saturday 23rd March for one night having booked a luxury double room through booking.com. The pictures looked amazing, the premise seemed great and the promise of breakfast for £105 was all too much to believe. I was apprehensive, expecting hidden charges or something of the sort.

We walked up to reception, walked back over the grounds to the little outhouses and couldn't believe the sight that we met! A large, sumptuous luxurious room was laid out for us with an extraordinary four poster bed dominating the room. Everything about the room was amazing, and simply decorated, yet overstated in elegance.

We had the breakfast in our room and did not want to leave! We had room 8 and would recommend it to anyone!

It definitely is worth the visit!

Also worth mentioning it is only fifteen minutes away from Bath and a great little find for a weekend away.

Room Tip: request the four poster room!
6 Thank Barry B
bristol
Reviewed March 21, 2013

stayed here one night to attend a friends wedding that was held close by. We were accomodated in a club room which was a cottage style building in the courtyard. On entering it appeared lovely, it had a seperate sitting area with large comfy sofa, then steps down to the bedroom area which had a seperate walk in dressing room. The bathroom was largeish but no bath just a shower which had mould in the grouting and the seal on the bottom of the shower door was hanging off and the door wouldn't close properly so as a consequence water from the shower leaked all over the floor causing a slip hazzard. The sink was cracked and only one of the wall lights either side of the mirror was working. Breakfast the next moring was held in the main house which was a short walk outside from our room across the courtyard. It was a buffet style and was well stocked with the usual cereals, juices and patisseries along with the hot cooked items but only had the option of scrambled egg, no fried or poached offered.
Overall I would stay here again but with a little care and attention to the silly, easily fixed problems in the bathroom, this would have been a much more pleasureable stay.

1 Thank Jendie3
July 30, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at Tracy Park for which we are very grateful. We do take the comfort of our guests very seriously and strive to offer an affordable, high quality service to all our clients.

I am sorry to hear of your problems with the accommodation & particularly the issue with maintenance. We strive to offer a high quality of accommodation and service but unfortunately for various reasons we were unable to deliver to the standards we pride ourselves on at this particular occasion.

Please contact me at matthew@tracypark.co.uk, if you would like to discuss your review further and resolve any issues you may have.

Marketing & PR Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wick
Bailbrook House Hotel
Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel
De Vere Tortworth Court
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth

Been to Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel? Share your experiences!