“lovely”

Ranked #1 of 5 Wick B&B and Inns
Neath, United Kingdom
“lovely”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Lovely area fab surroundings we have a family room which our dog could stay in also!!! room was just right very comfy, wonderful welcome and a good tip for where we could eat that evening !!! would most defo go to stay there again, breakfast hearty and filling all well cooked .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maleny, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Having been walking the Cotswold Way, I turned up at the door absolutely drenched. The owner didn't turn a hair and welcomed me in, taking my shoes to dry on the aga. Although I hadn't booked an evening meal, she also offered to make me a sandwich if I wanted. The breakfast was excellent with good quality bacon and eggs. The major drawback if you are walking to the B&B is the pedestrian access which is non-existent. You are forced to walk in the road as there is no verge at all. On the lane outside when I encountered vans going both ways there wasn't space for me to move to safety and one of the vans had to back up! I would recommend that walkers consider choosing elsewhere for this reason. The owners did offer to drive me back to the Way in the morning but I would have had to wait till breakfast was over so didn't take them up on their offer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The room was small with little light. Water pressure from shower was a mere trickle. Breakfast was OK but do not order poached eggs (solid yolks) or expect other than instant coffee.
I like animals but not so keen on dogs mooching around for food in the dining room when I am eating.
Noise from family upstairs too kept me away both nights of our stay.

Room Tip: Probably ask for an upstairs room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Davis, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this B&B. We only wish we would have been there longer to appreciate the surroundings more. It has beautiful views, a fun farm area to walk around, farm animals to see (although petting was a little difficult due to the fear of getting shocked by the electric fence - be careful if you have little ones) and a relaxed atmosphere. We stayed in the family suite and found it very nice and comfortable with a large bed for the adults and a separate room with 2 twin beds for the kids and our own private bathroom. Breakfast was tasty and the host was open to serving at a different time to accommodate schedules. It was pricier than our usual accommodations (friends and hostels) but this was our splurge and it was worth it. I wish we would have booked 2 nights to relax a bit at the farm after exploring Bath. The atmosphere was very homey with dogs running around and people actually working on the farm which some people may find annoying if they are looking for a more tourist focused place, but I found that aspect charming. I would stay there again to remove myself from the hustle and bustle of Bath. However, I imagine it would be hard to access without a car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bodmin, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had to take my dog up to the vets in near by Hanam for an operation they found this lovely place for me and my dog to stay.

Very comfortable room, everything one needs, and the bed was so so comfortable.I had to have an early start and it was no problem for them to cook me a full English breakfast, which saw me through day

Would return to this B & B and certainly recommend it

Room Tip: I stayed in room 7,lovely room,but only downside was there were people staying in the room above min...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Perfect location just 5 mins away from the park and ride for the city centre of bath! The house is beautiful and in such a gorgeous setting of fields and countryside. Feels fantastic to come back to sleep in such a quaint old house when you have been shopping in the city all day. The rooms are very clean and in keeping with the property we were lucky to have a decent shower too! The hospitality made the trip with the family going out of their way to accommodate your needs. And the breakfast is too yummy :)

• Stayed July 2013
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place was very welcome after a long day hiking. We were a party of three and booked 2 rooms. Some of the family rooms are split into two rooms so great for families. Also great that one of our rooms had its own kitchen. We were tired and were able to order a takeaway that also had wine available! Very comfortable and clean and perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: Rooms are large. We could have managed with one between the three of us. We ended up with six beds i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wick
Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel
Apsley House Hotel
Brittons Farm
Brittons Farm
#1 of 1 in Beach

Been to Toghill House Farm? Share your experiences!