Adonis Les Hauts de Honfleur
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Fraichette(Honfleur)(Great Value!)
$248
$145
$116
Agoda.com
ibis Styles Honfleur(Honfleur)(Great Value!)
$121
ibis Styles
Ibis Budget Honfleur(Honfleur)(Great Value!)
$76
ibis Budget
$121
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel l'Ecrin(Honfleur)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is despite many comments a great hotel and I would recommend it and go back again, although you should be aware of the following:

Cleanliness:
To us the room was not very clean and we spent a good hour cleaning with bleach and anti-bac. Luckily we read the reviews and were prepared. My thoughts are its a cheap place and we can afford an hour to clean up. The rooms are modern but cleanliness attention to detail is not quite there if you are picky like us. There was a very bad smell when we got in the room. The cleaner had left a dirty bucket and brushes in the wardrobe which we chucked out and then fumigated.

Location:
Great but it is about 1 mile from Honfleur. Close to a great supermarket and brilliant bread shop. No bars or pubs near until you get to Honfleur. The hotel has no alcohol.
Honfleur is superb, picture perfect and some nice places to eat but if you dont speak any French you could struggle a bit as the menus are in French and the French here are not always keen to speak English. Prices for food are average and the supermarket is cheap. Don't expect clubs and lively bars but a pleasant evening. Everything seems to close up between 9-12pm. There are only 3 taxis in the entire of the Honfleur area and are not cheap. Deauville is a must visit too, about 8-10 km's away and has lots of swimming pools and a superb beach. There are Casino's here, we did not stay late but I guess there probably is some later night entertainment.

Staff:
Reception staff are very polite and helpful, can't fault them except she would not accept I paid extra for an apartment.

Breakfast:
Didn't try it as we had a kitchenette and we bought some good food in from the supermarket.

Room:
Small, Ikea modern, great shower with a bath. Nice but very small patio area. No kettle but a coffee machine. No cutlery, two bowls but no plates, no mugs or glasses, one frying pan and one medium pan. Fridge works very well. The bed is super comfortable and is made of memory foam. We took our own bedding and pillows and were glad.

Pool:
Clean and nice, hardly any sunbeds though. Supposedly heated to 21C but felt colder.

Parking:
Plenty and free at the hotel. All pay and park in Honfleur (if you can find a space) and all pay parking at Deauville too.

Conclusion:
Very much worth every penny at what we paid and a great area too. Its a shame there is a lack of attention to detail in the rooms but we would visit again.

Room Tip: Ask not to be next to the road although it is not noisy the other side is more picturesque.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank G B
Responsablemarneur, Assistante de direction at Adonis Les Hauts de Honfleur, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your long e mail regarding our establishment to explain everithing about the residence and the surroundings!

I am happy to see that you think that our hotel is "a great hotel" and that you "would recommend us and come back again"

Regarding your remarks:

- I am awfully sorry that you found a room not really cleaned when you came. You say that we are a "cheap place" but the cleanlness must be everywhere, then I am sorry that your room was not at your convenience. Did you come to the reception to say that? If we knew that we could come back again to check with you what you did not like and arrange what was wrong with you. Next time do not be affraid to come to see us we will do our best to satisfy you.

- For the location, we are not far from Honfleur because at 5 minutes by car and you can go to the supermarket in the counstyside which is at 15 minuts by foot or 2 minuts by car
That's true that the shops are closing quiet early unfortunatly but to go out you can go easily to Honfleur or Deauville that you liked a lot. It is very nice places to go and not far from the residence. About the casino, you have to know that I made a partnership with Deauville and Trouville then when you are coming we are offering you tickets to have free drinks there! Do not forget to come back to see us!

- Thank you for the staff, we will be very happy to welcome you again....

- Breakfast, you should try next time :) The french pastries are very nice, one of the best in the region!

- For the rooms they are very spacious then it is very nice to come in couple or family. We have all the sizes for all your needs!

- For the pool I look personnaly every day if it does not miss anything that's why we are keeping it still cleaned. It is very important and nice to have a swimming pool with everybody in it, to hear the children play in it!

- The parking is free, there is one car park per room

I would see you again with a great pleasure.

Do not hesitate to call us to make a reservation

Have a great day,

Yours faithfully,

Céline Marneur

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised to come across the Hauts de Honfleur (eventually - God knows why they don't put a sign on the road!). Having spent the rest of our tour of Normandy/Brittany confined to hotel rooms, we found the accomodation spacious and practical and really enjoyed the flexibility of having the kitchen facilities and outside space to eat. I would imagine the grassed area would also be appreciated by families with children. It is what it is, nothing fancy probably the equivalent of a Travel Lodge, but the price reflects this. We found it clean, comfortable, quiet and very convenient for visiting Honfleur and nearby towns. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Crabby061
Responsablemarneur, Assistante de direction at Adonis Les Hauts de Honfleur, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your pleasant E mail.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your staying with us and that you appreciate our spacious rooms and kitchens which are full equiped.

Now you can come back because we have signs on the road!! :)

As you saw when you came every rooms have balcony or terrasse which are very nice. Then, if you want to eat outside or just enjoy to take the sun you can...

Our apartments are for couples and families because we have at your disposal 143 apartments where you can have a stay from two to six persons...

I would be very happy if you could stay again in our residence.

I stay at your disposal if you want to make a reservation.

Yours faithfully,

Céline Marneur

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Arrived in pouring rain and desperate to get the kids bathed and into bed. The reception is a bit of a walk from the apartments so left the car running (for warmth) and went in. 35 minutes later, I had the room keys (my parents were with us). There was no queue, it just seems incredible to them, that despite having my reservation, that I may actually require a room after all. (perhaps they thought I was not turning up). Nothing nearby, 1 restaurant, hairdresser. A fair distance from Honfleur (despite the misleading name!)

When arrived at room, no sheets on beds. We make the beds ourselves. Actually no cot (as requested via the booking) and had to trundle back in the rain to get one.

The large glass shower door was unattached to the bath / shower and was propped up in the bathroom and my son ran into it (aged 3) nearly decapitating himself in the process. Luckily, it did not break. I mentioned to reception who didn't offer another room but asked me to lift it to the receptionists car. I did so and it did not fit, so we left it in the toilet overnight and made sure the kids didn't go in there unattended.

Took me 40 minutes to check out.

We had a lovely trip to France. This was the only downside. I am easily pleased. And this place didn't please me or my family. Go to to the Etap down the road towards honfleur.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed here for two nights with two children aged 7 & 11, we booked a two room apartment, when we checked in we were sent to the wrong building, the hotel is still a building site with the residue mud and dust covering all the communal areas, paths and stairways, dotted around the car park were maids trolleys and cleaning equipment left overnight, a builders safety hat was lying amongst the roughly cut grass and builders waste. The room we got looked as though it had not been used before so was very clean inside, the bed linen was folded and left for us to make up the beds ourselves, not great after a long journey! The lounge/ kitchen room was small and over furnished, there was no hanging space/wardrobe for clothes, the sofa bed was inadequate for two children let alone two adults, very low quality and uncomfortable, the main bed was OK comfort wise but not enough pillows one small pillow each for 4 people and no way of getting any more , TV had very limited range of channels despite advertised as Satellite TV, no telephone in room in case of emergency, the room was not cleaned in the mornings and therefore toilet tissue, soap, etc was not replenished, at night after 9pm there is no staff present on the site despite there being a large number of rooms occupied, if there was a problem/emergency it was not clear what might happen, the location is OK a few minutes drive from Honfleur, we have stayed at similar apartment hotels and they have been great, and always suitable for families but this was awful!!

Room Tip: The best tip would be to find another hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2011

This hotel rather difficult to find is great value for your money. It is fairly new so there is no sign posted and was difficult to find. Large room with all the conveniences and bathroom. Excellent breakfast. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple