We picked to stay at the Long Beach on our return trip to South Africa, after staying at one of its sister hotels The Frannshoek in 2009.
Boy were we taken in by the Long Beach.............I could have happily spent my whole holiday there and it was a real wrench to move on!
From the moment we arrived we felt at home, nothing was too much trouble for anyone. We were welcomed with a chilled bottle of Tanzanite Brut and a wonderful chocolate pudding, very apt considering we were looking to buy a Tanzanite Ring for my 40th Birthday!
The food was oustanding at breakfast there was plenty of choice and all cooked freshly to order. I think I would find it hard to find a better place to each breakfast , looking out across the sea towards Table Mountain and Chapmans Peak what more could you ask for. We also did eat in one night, which was intimate and cosy, and after a wonderful meal we went downstairs to our room only to find two more little puddings!
We had some great recommendations from Hayley for eating out, Rioja was fantastic and they made my pudding really personalised, along with the Food Barn which is great for foodies!
We also took the opportunity to do the Horse Riding across Noordhoek beach which was incredible..............
Hayley, Jenny, Zet, Joan and the rest of the staff were truly oustanding, and nothing was too much trouble. They even gave me a little present as we were leaving to remember them by, which proudly hangs in my bathroom.
Well done the Team, tell Joan she does not need to save her pennies so we can return.........we have already decided we are returning........its just a matter of when!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Long Beach is situated in the picturesque lobster-fishing village of Kommetjie, a short thirty minute drive from Cape Town. It is truly a special place to stay, offering a rare and rewarding alternative, romantic hideaway. Facilities include a swimming pool, relaxing sun deck with ocean views and whale watching in season. There are six ultra luxurious suites all with stylishly comfortable interiors. Each spectacularly appointed room faces the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your The Last Word Long Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Word Long Beach Hotel Kommetjie
- Long Beach Cape Town
- The Last Word Long Beach Kommetjie, Cape Town, South Africa