I'd firstly like to say that I am in two minds about stating just how brilliant this place is because I would like to save it for myself !
What can I say. We (my partner and I) chose the Long Beach to tie the knot and a better place we could not have chosen.
From the organisation of the day, the service, the location, the meal, the wine and most of all the company and freindliness of the staff is second to none.
A different pudding on the bed every night was great for the soul but not too good for the waistline !
The Long Beach organised a post wedding meal for us and our guests with superb wine and fantastic food, we were in heaven.
I cannot rate this place highly enough.
There are only six rooms in this boutique hotel and this gives the change to experience how a hotel should be run. The staff (Haylee, Jen, Zet, David and all the rest of the staff) should feel very proud of themselves because they are the epitomy of hospitality.
The location is superb, far enough out of everything to be quiet and close enough to get everything should you want to. Its about 45 min drive from Cape Town centre and takes about 25-30 mins to drive to Simonstown, False bay, Cape point etc. We had an experience with a Baboon and all i can say is make sure your car doors are locked !
Theres a very laid back feeling here and it seems that nothing is too much trouble. Thats what you need when you are on holiday.
Anyway, we both loved it and will definately return and it is one of a handful of places which i would recommend to my best friend and thats saying something.
Well done all at The long beach. xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Long Beach is situated in the picturesque lobster-fishing village of Kommetjie, a short thirty minute drive from Cape Town. It is truly a special place to stay, offering a rare and rewarding alternative, romantic hideaway. Facilities include a swimming pool, relaxing sun deck with ocean views and whale watching in season. There are six ultra luxurious suites all with stylishly comfortable interiors. Each spectacularly appointed room faces the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Preferred Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Last Word Long Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Word Long Beach Hotel Kommetjie
- Long Beach Cape Town
- The Last Word Long Beach Kommetjie, Cape Town, South Africa