What a wonderful place! Tucked away off the coastal road south of Chapman's Peak, with a breathtaking vista back toward Hout Bay and mountains. The short steps from parked car, through reception area and onto the balcony open up one of the finest ocean and mountain views we’ve ever enjoyed. Over the 3-4 days of our stay, we never came close to tiring of that vista or of the comfort afforded by the hotel.
Read the 'Last Word' group's website and its emphasis on relaxation, privacy, comfort and the sense that the hotel is your own homely space could sound a bit corny. In practice, every bit of it was true. The interaction with staff was excellent: friendly, very responsive to any request, thoroughly professional but not slick or insincere. Restaurant bookings were handled very well, and the driver service (eg to Kalk Bay and back) was faultless. Haylee and Jenny with Leo, Farnie and their colleagues run a fine place and run it very, very well.
Our room was delightful, with a good partial view of sea and mountains, a nice simple terrace and shared pool. Driving distances to Kalk Bay restaurants, to Boulders Beach or the Cape itself, were minimal - a great touring centre also.
We were really sorry to leave Long Beach and wished we had booked a longer stay. A perfect place to drop into and chill at on arrival In Cape Town from a long flight. And you will never tire of that view.
Big thanks to Bonita at agency Go2Africa, whose recommendation this (and many other wonderful places) this was. Go2Africa are Cape Town-based and will organise trips down to every detail, not just in South Africa but all over southern and east Africa. We found their service excellent at every level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Long Beach is situated in the picturesque lobster-fishing village of Kommetjie, a short thirty minute drive from Cape Town. It is truly a special place to stay, offering a rare and rewarding alternative, romantic hideaway. Facilities include a swimming pool, relaxing sun deck with ocean views and whale watching in season. There are six ultra luxurious suites all with stylishly comfortable interiors. Each spectacularly appointed room faces the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Last Word Long Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Word Long Beach Hotel Kommetjie
- Long Beach Cape Town
- The Last Word Long Beach Kommetjie, Cape Town, South Africa