“Perfect end to our honeymoon”

The Last Word Long Beach
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kommetjie
Brookmans Park, United Kingdom
“Perfect end to our honeymoon”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This was our final desination on our honeymoon after a stay in Camps Bay and Franschhoek and what a perfect end to an amazing trip. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly and gave us a very warm welcome. Our room was fantastic with amazing views of the ocean. Each night after we returned from dinner we found our room decorated with candles and rose petals, and a desert waiting for us - such a lovely touch that really made us feel special and added to the overall experience of the very high quality service and attention that this hotel provides.

1 Thank Victoria P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Pollenca, Spain
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This was our last stay in a three week tour which started with safaris in Namibia and the Okavango Delta and then a drive down the Garden Route from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town.
I wanted somewhere special to end our trip as I planned to propose to my partner Sue on the last night over supper and what a perfect place for a proposal! Wonderful food, an intimate atmosphere and champagne on tap as soon as I gave the thumbs up!!!
A huge thanks to the team for making our stay so enjoyable and we will be back for a proper honeymoon soon!
Vengaboy51

Room Tip: Money no object, go for an upper room!
3 Thank Barry L
London, UK
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Everything was just as promised and better. The service was perfect and everyone was really friendly. The setting is stunning and it has a really comfortable feel. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have to say that I haven't actually stayed at this hotel but can't wait to. Whilst staying at the Last word Sea Five in Camps Bay, we took a drive to Kommetjie. Rose from Sea Five phoned ahead so the team at Long Beach were expecting us. We were made so welcome it was incredible. We took a cold drink on the terrace, had a tour of the rooms. A stunning location for this Last Word property right on the beach. We are definitely going to stay here one day. Thank you to the team that showed us around and made us so welcome.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie W
Bangkok
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Really lovely stay at a beautiful, small [6 rooms] hotel in a fabulous location. Excellent attention by staff, good food and it felt just like staying in a private home.....without the usual draw backs!
Nothing too much trouble,plentiful supply of everything and a view of the sea to soothe the soul.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Upper rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caas
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Visited my best friends (happily married couple) and I asked them to find me a hotel room for 1 night to be able to propose my Wife ! Yes I was already married for 4 week but never found a PERFECT moment to propose to my lovely wife. (Don't think too much as I m just a silly DUDE). Any ways my buddy told me about this resort & send me the pics & I was SOLD. I have to admit that the place is for who I refer to as RICH people but I went for it. Had saved enough for once in a life time moment and that is exactly what it was. Every moment from the second we entered the doors was BREATH TAKING. I had booked Ocean view room and every second was amazing. The bath, the drinks, the FRESH food that the host cooked on our request. Remind you, my wife and I are strictly vegetarians and they made the things just so PERFECT in taste. The bar was LITERALLY right outside my room so we DRANK a LOT LOT LOT of wine. The Host & the staff was basically LIKE OUR FAMILY. They made us drinks that just added on to the ambience of the ocean view. The STARS in the night, the MORNING golden sunlight, The surfers who looked professionals and the binoculars provided to everyone just added to the FUN. I really wish I could show you the pics & the HD videos I took from my amazing camcorder but technical difficulties.
I just want to say 1 thing to everyone. PLEASE DO yourself & your loved one a favour. If you have even thought about LAST WORD LONG BEACH then GO RIGHT AHEAD & BOOK IT. Because you everything I have written here is imaginary until you visit it.

Room Tip: Try to book the honeymoon suite if possible. Ocean view & Star gazing will never be the same onc...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SimitSlimit
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed for 3 amazing nights. The staff was fantastic, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful and plentiful. The rooms were luxurious, clean and the view spectacular. My husband and I are already starting to plan our next visit to the Cape Peninsula and Long Beach is a must!

Room Tip: Off season between June and September
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SabihaSmith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kommetjie
POD Camps Bay
Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel
Tintswalo Atlantic
Tintswalo Atlantic
#1 of 4 in Hout Bay

Been to The Last Word Long Beach? Share your experiences!