“A Great Place to Relax”
Review of Auld Reekie Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gowganda
Auld Reekie Lodge
Cedarville, Michigan
“A Great Place to Relax”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Brunner family go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. The atmosphere, the food, the lodging and hospitality are second to none. If your interested in ATV's find time to book a stay and explore the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just returned from an awesome weekend with 13 other friends on an ATV trip.Urs, Diane, Shawna and Stephanie really made us feel welcome and part of their family with warm hospitality, Above excellent food(quantity/taste/and service) and great lunches packed for the trip.Our guide also took us on a mix of trails with a little of everything. Accomodations were also second to none with great swimming areas. We will definitely return for ATV weekends but also with our spouses and families. Keep up the excellent work gang..Till next year

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Myself and 2 friends were on a snowmobile trip on March 3rd and a blizzard hit, the trail to Timmins had not been groomed for some time, so we decided to change direction and head to Gowganda. I called Auld Reekie Lodge Sat. morning at Diane got us in, which was fantastic.
The trail grooming was great coming into Gowganda, as Urs the owner ensures his section of trail is taken care of. Just a very welcoming environment when we arrived and had a drink in their comfortable bar. We had one of the condo type units for the night - clean, nice atmosphere, sat TV. They also have some very nice, newly renovated cabins for larger groups. We hit the beautiful outdoor hot tub prior to dinner in the main lodge. The food is incredible - Urs and Dianne must have some professional chef training. Their kids help out as well, which creates a nice, family atmosphere.
We had a great night, and Urs even got the groomer out through the night, so our 50km ride back to the main C trail was perfect Sunday morning. I have to say he was the only area that got the grooming done that fast after the big storm. We travelled through 2 other club areas on our way back to Sudbury, and nothing had been done yet.
Urs, Diane, and family run a fantastic business with reasonable prices. I recommend Auld Reekie Lodge for any time of year.
Steve

Room Tip: Ask about the cabins - they are very nice if you have a larger group.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Myself and 3 friends arrived by snowmobile. We were immediately greeted at the gas pump by Urs. He even assisted me in changing a bent carbide on the sled.Cabins were great. View spectacular. Food was VERY good. Price was very reasonable. Urs, Dianne, their parents and even the kids all made our stay unforgettable and we hated to leave! I will defintely be back!
Thanks Brunner family!
Hans

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My father, brothers and now our son have gone to Auld Reekie since 1994. We go back for good reason. The place is great. The newest owners, Urs and Diane, do everything well. They truly understand the hospitality element of the business. Every year the food is great, the accommodations are great and the boats and fishing equipment are great. The place is clean. We thoroughly enjoy fishing not only the main lake but the many nearby lakes. Many of the other lodges provide boats for fishing the outer lakes. Auld Reekie, however, not only has boats at most of those lakes but also "know" each lake. I've stay at several lodges in Canada and the US. Auld Reekie is by far the best run, most accomodating of all of them.

Room Tip: Just ask when booking. Diane handles the bookings. She will help any way that she can.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Delaware-Traveler
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I recently returned from a 5-day “all inclusive” fishing trip to Auld Reekie Lodge – I cannot wait to go back again! Urs and Diane Brunner are two of the most friendly, genuine people I have ever met. Their primary mission is to make you feel welcome, and to ensure you are completely comfortable. Within minutes of meeting them, you feel like you have known them for years.

Diane warmly greeted me when I arrived and promptly had me settled in my cottage. I met Urs a couple of hours later, when he was preparing the weekly fish fry under the pine trees. What a feast… do not miss it! (Just remind Diane to serve the tomatoes – otherwise you will see more tomatoes on next night’s salad than you have ever seen!)

I found the accommodations to be clean, comfortable, and more than adequate. The restaurant/lounge was very warm and inviting, the boats and motors were safe and reliable, and the meals were exceptional! Breakfast and dinner in the restaurant were served in huge portions and were always delicious. Make sure you leave some room for Diane’s desserts! I also found the flexible seating times to be a bonus, compared to other lodges I have stayed at.

Sincere thanks, Urs and Diane, for being such fantastic hosts, and for an unforgettable five days in the splendor of the north country!

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Easton
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Went there with a friend to Bear Hunt... First Bear Hunt for both of us... Not knowing what to expect we were prepared for anything... "Anything" was not what we got... Upon arrival we were greeted by Diane and from there the trip just got better and better... Diane and Urs are two of the best people I have met in my 60 years living... I love them both... They live right at the lodge with their four GREAT kids... Even though I did not harvest a bear I had a great, great time... I will go back... I'm hoping to make the trip again next year... Gary

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Auld Reekie Lodge? Share your experiences!