“Pleasant surprise”
Review of The White Horse Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

The White Horse Inn Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dine in style and comfort or relax and unwind with a drink and good company, the choice is yours. We serve cask-conditioned ales, extra cold lagers, a great selection of wines and of course quality, fresh food. We have a seperate restaurant to bar area aswell as a large beer garden, also with seperate Al Fresco dining area. All of the team will be happy to help you in any way they can and make you feel as relaxed and as at home as possible. We're open 6 days a week with food served from 12noon-9.30pm Tuesday - Saturday and 12pm-9pm Sunday. The pub closes at the usual 11pm (10.30pm on Sundays). Booking is advisable at weekends, you can call us to book a table.
Droitwich
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed at the ettington chase and decided to go for a wander for dinner.....called in here and decided to have dinner. It is a lovely down to earth bar and the food is faultless. There were a few things sold out on the menu and I can see why. Reasonably priced too....definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank Stanners27

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Lush Food”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The owner is a foody - and the food is great!! Go there and see for yourself. The food looks freshly prepared and the desert was to die for.

Visited April 2014
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My Husband and I stayed at Ettington Chase for the weekend. We ate in "The White Horse" on both evenings of our stay. Both meals where lovely, and very filling!

The brothers running the establishment were very friendly and helpful, they recommended the Lamb on the menu and I was not disappointed.

We would recommend it to anyone staying in the area. And would definitely eat there again should we find ourselves back in this area.

Rainford, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the Ettington Chase Hotel and decided to try one of the two local pubs for our evening meal. We had chosen The White Horse due to trip advisor reviews; we were not disappointed. Incidentally, the only other place to eat was shut when we walked past at 8pm (Sunday)! They must stop serving food earlier here- prices were also more expensive and we thought this other place looked more like a trendy bistro than traditional pub food (more about image than substance perhaps?).

The food in The White Horse is all freshly homemade by the chef and the portions are massive!! Fantastic value for money. The chef came out to talk to us which I thought was a nice 'homely' touch. The owner at the bar (possibly chef's brother) was also really friendly and seemed honest and genuine. I like this kind of vibe!

I am a girl's girl and usually get dressed up for meals out but I was pleased I didn't put a dress and heels on as it's very casual! Jeans and flats kind of place. Don't be put off by the decor- this isn't fine dining but the food more than makes up for this. It's like a typical country pub you'd find in the Lakes after a day walking.

If you're staying at the Ettington Chase, this pub is a great shout for meal out- within 5 minutes walking distance and presumably half the price and twice the portion size of the hotel. But don't quote me as we never actually had an evening meal in the hotel. Interesting, we recognised every table in our area of the pub as hotel guests! Yes, I'm nosey!

What a stunning little village. Would recommend this pub for a 'proper meal'. Despite the fact I am actually eating for two, I couldn't manage a dessert! There's always next time...

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“WHITE HORSE WELCOME”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I made a stop for supper at ‘The White Horse’ at Ettington. My husband and I had passed this pub on many occasions and always said we would like to visit it, so we did on this occasion.

The pub is run by two brothers Andy and Martin, who gave us a big wonderful welcome and were excellent hosts.

My husband had a gammon with egg and pineapple, served with chips and peas for his supper. I had home-made lasagne with chips and salad. Martin, the chief when I told him it was the best lasagne I had eaten, told me he hates it and loathes making it. ( Martin has a real flair for food ) We followed this with wonderful desserts of apple and apricot crumble with custard and mango and passion fruit sorbet with vanilla ice cream. My husband washed all this down with two pints of ‘Black Sheep’ and I had a large glass of nice red merlot.

It was such a friendly nice atmospher that my husband and I did not want to leave, but we had to, as we had work the next day.

If you want good wholesome food at a price that will not break the bank, then this is the place to be.

1 Thank Carol B